Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-08-22, 11:57 PM  
Leonana

Thanks Pam! Today it seemed to be a bit better. I took less OTC meds too.

And Happy Mother’s Day to you too. Cat moms do a lot of mothering!
Old 05-09-22, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Here's my catch up for the last few days!

Sat - - LWR - Feel Amazing Challenge - Days 4 & 5; Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Yoga Challenge Day # 6

Sun - Burpee Girl Short Workouts - 20 Min Tone & Burn (from 4/29/22); Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat Day 1

Mon - Lively Ladies - Energy Boosting Walk (from 5/2/22); Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Day 1, Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Yoga Challenge Day # 7

We had a busy and somewhat hectic weekend which was alternated w/ taking naps on Saturday b/c I was exhausted!

Another crazy week at work begins.

Our bathroom remodel starts on Thursday, hopefully it will be done by Memorial Day.

The Burpee Girl was a new-to-me channel - she has two channels - one has longer workouts and one has shorter workouts. These seem to be all done in the current style of You Tube workouts w/ music only and no vocal cueing. It was fun for a change of pace.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Sherry - I hope you continue to see some improvement w/ your mouth pain.

wishiwasinhawaii -yes, it is insane about the PCPs not wanting to see you if you are sick! My DD is fine - it resolved on its own. I go to the dentist today to replace a crown...ugh....I think my dentist does a decent job of keeping things safe during COVID....so I'm not too concerned about it. Any more, I'm just tired of worrying about it.

Pam - nice work w/ your TM walks!

Waves, Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 12:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did a gentle walk on the TM in the Azores. Another very breezy day! Feeling okay, so don't think I'm sick. Just needed some much needed rest!

Donna, good luck at the dentist today!

Sherry, I belong to a FB Bell's Palsy group....and it's also depressing. I was pretty active at the start of my diagnosis, but after two and a half years with it, I don't want to re-live all of what everyone is going through and seeing photos as reminders.

Waves to everyone else!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 12:37 PM  
Leonana

Today was an outdoor walk. Probably about 3/4ths of a mile.

I got the blood test results back, posted on my patient portal with my GP's office. Almost everything is normal, except LDL is one point over normal, and total cholesterol is 120, and I guess 100 and below is normal. A couple of items are one point low for my kidneys, and I'm not sure about the low kidney results, being high seems more serious. But I stopped taking the ibuprofen, as it can affect kidneys. Blood glucose is a little high but urine glucose is normal. Since I'm only eating soft food, it's a bit hard to eat as healthy as I used to, but there are still some things I can tweak. I definitely don't want to go on any drugs, especially since the numbers are very close to normal, but I guess I will see what they say. ETA: The assistant called and they recommend I lower cholesterol with exercise. Unfortunately, all movement irritates my mouth. I guess I will work on my diet. The want me to come back in four months.

Pam, I can definitely relate. I forgot about your Bell's Palsy diagnosis. I hope it's better now.

Donna, good luck with the dentist and the bathroom remodeling.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!
Old 05-09-22, 08:22 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
On Friday I did the lower body workout on Jessica's Boost Your Metabolism DVD and I got the worst DOMs! I could barely get up the stairs. Not sure what that was about. Maybe I didn't warm up enough? There were a lot of squats, but it felt fine while I was doing it. For the rest of the weekend, I just did long walks and I feel better today.

I need to get back to my rotation. It has taken me about 3 weeks to get through a week and a half! At this pace it will take forever. But as I type that I realize that I am not in a rush. All good.

More later,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Burpee Girl Short Workouts - 25 Min Burn & Tone - (from 5/9/2022)
Caroline Sandry - Total Body Pilates - Total Body Section

Burpee Girl is nice for a change of pace, and I haven't seen one burpee in her videos. It is mostly body weight cardio/tone - barefoot style - no impact and uses very little space. There is no verbal cueing, just music but it is easy enough to follow.

Oh - yesterday I did get out to walk w/ my DD and Golden. It was a lovely evening.

Sherry - I hope you are feeling well today - I wouldn't worry too much about the test results that are slightly off - my guess is they will not do anything unless they see a long standing trend. It sounds like you are very healthy! I need to get back on the healthy eating and lifestyle wagon - other than my workouts I'm a mess!

Nice work, Liz! No hurry to finish a rotation.

For me the month of May is just going to be doing whatever I can - w/ the bathroom being remodeled I'm going to have a lot of chaos to work around.

Sorry for the quick post - busy day ahead!

Donna
Old 05-10-22, 03:38 PM  
Leonana

Thanks, Donna. It was better than I expected. The NP advised exercise, which I can't do right now with my sensitive mouth. All movement irritates it. But I am eating pretty healthy.

It was becoming less painful and I was getting more sleep. But unfortunately it became more painful yesterday. I did sleep differently, and I think I was grinding my teeth and irritated it. It will take a few days to recover. Also, it irritated the crowns on the other side. I'm going to have the dentist check them tomorrow morning, but I think they're just irritated also. It's going to take a long time to heal, I think. I'm also going to make an appointment with a neurologist, one that can treat facial pain.

I also have my appointment for a new mouth guard on May 29. I'm not expecting much from the TMJ doctor, although she's supposed to be an orofacial pain doctor too. Another lady in my facial pain FB group went to this practice, and didn't get any help from them either. But I figure it's worth it to get another mouth guard and give it a shot.

I'm sorry if I'm too depressing. I'm not sure if I should update you guys or not. If I don't, just know not much has changed.
Old 05-10-22, 06:21 PM  
donnamp

We're here for you, Sherry! I don't mind your updates....I just hope that things improve for you soon.
Old 05-11-22, 08:10 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I went on an outdoor hike yesterday, despite the windy weather. It was only three miles, on flat terrain but still enjoyable.

Sherry, yes please continue to post about whatever is going on. We care about how you're doing and only want the best for you! If there's anything you feel like sharing (in addition to exercise and health updates) we can chat about other stuff, too!

Today's a treadmill day, so will be back to post again later.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 10:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone!

This morning was:

CS 1304
15 Min Express Posture Workout

I was feeling stiff and sore in my lower back and hip and realized I hadn't been keeping up w/ my CS/Essentrics. Not to mentioning spending too much time sitting at my desk.

I was originally going to just do the one episode, but it felt so good I continued on.

I will see what else I am able to get done today!

Pam - sounds like a nice outdoor hike.

Waves,

Donna

Tags
tablet