Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-21, 10:53 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Thank you for that information. I would have not known. The tweet is not surprisingly deceptive and of course is very political stating he looks like this because of not wanting to get the vax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Well, one should heed one's own advice. I wasn't making this political whatsoever but you just did. This virus has nothing to do with politics whatsoever.
Sadly, it is political.

My mom is in the hospital, in critical condition with encephalitis. Her doctors have brought up the possibility that it is a reaction to "the shot".

There are risks and benefits with all our health decisions. Be kind.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 08-26-21, 11:14 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Can we please just stop bickering about the politics and express empathy for the souls who are impacted by the virus? Why does every single thread have to go downhill in a matter of a few posts pushing an agenda with nothing to gain since no minds are changed and civilized discussion is cut off. Can’t we reign it in?

Thoughts and prayers for Bill Phillips and his family.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 08-26-21, 11:16 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Well, one should heed one's own advice. I wasn't making this political whatsoever but you just did. This virus has nothing to do with politics whatsoever.
Agree.

Then throw in some nonsense about doctors and boom!
Old 08-26-21, 11:42 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Sadly, it is political.

My mom is in the hospital, in critical condition with encephalitis. Her doctors have brought up the possibility that it is a reaction to "the shot".

So very sorry to hear this, Jackie. So frightening! How long ago did she get the shot for them to think this may be a reaction to it.

And, yes, "Be Kind" should be our first thought no matter what your politics.
Old 08-26-21, 11:56 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
So very sorry to hear this, Jackie. So frightening! How long ago did she get the shot for them to think this may be a reaction to it.

And, yes, "Be Kind" should be our first thought no matter what your politics.
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all .

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 08-26-21, 11:58 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Can we please just stop bickering about the politics and express empathy for the souls who are impacted by the virus? Why does every single thread have to go downhill in a matter of a few posts pushing an agenda with nothing to gain since no minds are changed and civilized discussion is cut off. Can’t we reign it in?

Thoughts and prayers for Bill Phillips and his family.
Thank you. It is always the same. Have some empathy. It is inappropriate to finger point at someone who was very sick or accuse them of having an agenda.

The whole point is that even with best intentions and habits, anyone can suffer a setback.
Old 08-26-21, 12:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.
Jackie I'm so sorry Sending you and yours prayers 🙏

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 08-26-21, 12:17 PM  
mamaste

It’s only political we choose to make it political. I posted this because Bill Phillips is “one of us”. His book was once popular with the VF crowd. I’m sorry if someone you know and love got COVID got sick and/or died. I really really am. I would appreciate if everyone ignored comments about vaccinations and masks since that isn’t why I posted this. COVID took a serious toll on him. I’m shocked how a virus took away so much from him. I hope we can all appreciate out health a strength a little more after seeing this. Thanks.
Old 08-26-21, 12:18 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html
Quote:
I didn't start this thread. We have so many people that no longer post here in this forum because of these types of threads. There aren't many regular posters left.

When you stated that your cousin died because the maintenance people in her building didn't wear masks, you should have expected a negative reaction. You can't falsely accuse people of murder/negligent homicide because they didn't wear a mask.

I'm saying the Covid threads are better discussed in other forums if we don't want to lose even more members. The virus has been highly politicized, to think otherwise is naïve. The tentacles of politics has wound its way through the government's response to the virus and of the treatments for the virus.
Old 08-26-21, 12:26 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I just looked up the picture because Bill looked older than the BFL days and it turns out that the poc they used is not that old. The full pic says he is 50 years old.when he was taken. You can see by his face and hair it is not from 20 years ago.
https://billphillipsnews.com/2015/12...ore-to-afters/

It was promotional material from a newer book.
I didn't realize that. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Sadly, it is political.

I'm so sorry about your mother.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19