Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-21, 12:48 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I'm debating on buying in early too. It looks awesome. However I am cheap and think I should just wait. I've never bought VIP access for any BB stuff as of yet.
I did VIP early access for MBF and MBFA. I loved that program but the jumping rope got boring.

This is the second program I did early access for. The only reason I did it was because I was in such a slump and this sounded like exactly what I needed. It turned out to be worth it for me. It is challenging and I'm pushing myself but not over the top and it builds. I'm very encouraged by the program and the "spirit" of the workouts, talk, etc.

I just started week 4 which is a deload week for Stage 1. Deload does not mean easy, he just reduces the volume.

I've gone from planks on my knees to full planks, including when you reach one arm in front and to the side and for DB pull planks. The focus on form and the doability of 45 minute workouts has helped me immensely. Now I need to cut out sweets and late night snacking and I might actually SEE some results.
Old 08-08-21, 06:53 PM  
gigi

So now that I've competed Stage 1 (minus two workouts...I missed a mobility workout and a cardio workout) I have some pros and cons:

Cons:
Music often sounds like the background to a Halloween flick (like old school halloween flick) but it is not overpowering.
In Stage1, Cesar talks a lot. Sometimes it is very helpful and sometimes I wanted to scream, "shut up already" so we could get on with the workout.
Stage 1 felt upper body heavy to me. You may want to add in the bonus lower body workouts.
If trying to lose weight, you may want to find time to add in short cardio, though I believe if my nutrition/food intake was better, I'd still see physical changes.
Using a DB for KB based moves...meh.
Depending on how much Cesar talks, the rounds can seem rushed.
When I'm doing a program, I feel a lot of pressure to stay on schedule but life happens. I'm doing better with that.

Pros:
Often what Cesar said is helpful and quite motivating.
The workouts focus on form. This has been eye opening to why I have been injured in the past. For example, my deadlifts have totally changed, I can do various planks off my knees, and some of my left shoulder issues are being corrected.
He moves you in all planes of motion and focuses on the back chain of the body, which is often ignored or not worked enough.
Once I finish the program, I feel that I will be stronger and I could go through the program again, starting with heavier weights for Stage 1. Still, I will most likely do something else for variety.
I feel this program will help me with whatever I do after 645.
Following a scheduled program is keeping me consistent at this sage in my life and I love the 45 minute workout. It is hard to talk myself out of 45 minutes which includes a great mobility warm up.

Stage 2:
I just finished Lower Body Challenge of week 5, the first workout in stage 2. It felt very rushed and I think they should have re-filmed this one. Overall, it was a great workout with a high cardio factor for me. He takes the exercises from stage 1 and adds in complexity and more range of motion. There are still ways to modify which is great and still tough.

Last edited by gigi; 08-08-21 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typos
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 08:13 PM  
momofcha

Thank you Angela. Very helpful feedback

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 08:58 AM  
LoveVA

Do you feel like it is worth early access?

Also, has the intensity ramped up noticeably at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
So now that I've competed Stage 1 (minus two workouts...I missed a mobility workout and a cardio workout) I have some pros and cons:

Cons:
Music often sounds like the background to a Halloween flick (like old school halloween flick) but it is not overpowering.
In Stage1, Cesar talks a lot. Sometimes it is very helpful and sometimes I wanted to scream, "shut up already" so we could get on with the workout.
Stage 1 felt upper body heavy to me. You may want to add in the bonus lower body workouts.
If trying to lose weight, you may want to find time to add in short cardio, though I believe if my nutrition/food intake was better, I'd still see physical changes.
Using a DB for KB based moves...meh.
Depending on how much Cesar talks, the rounds can seem rushed.
When I'm doing a program, I feel a lot of pressure to stay on schedule but life happens. I'm doing better with that.

Pros:
Often what Cesar said is helpful and quite motivating.
The workouts focus on form. This has been eye opening to why I have been injured in the past. For example, my deadlifts have totally changed, I can do various planks off my knees, and some of my left shoulder issues are being corrected.
He moves you in all planes of motion and focuses on the back chain of the body, which is often ignored or not worked enough.
Once I finish the program, I feel that I will be stronger and I could go through the program again, starting with heavier weights for Stage 1. Still, I will most likely do something else for variety.
I feel this program will help me with whatever I do after 645.
Following a scheduled program is keeping me consistent at this sage in my life and I love the 45 minute workout. It is hard to talk myself out of 45 minutes which includes a great mobility warm up.

Stage 2:
I just finished Lower Body Challenge of week 5, the first workout in stage 2. It felt very rushed and I think they should have re-filmed this one. Overall, it was a great workout with a high cardio factor for me. He takes the exercises from stage 1 and adds in complexity and more range of motion. There are still ways to modify which is great and still tough.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 10:22 AM  
rhbrand

This does sound interesting. I'm not going to pay extra for it, but I'll probably check it out when its free on BOD.
Old 08-09-21, 05:50 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Do you feel like it is worth early access?

Also, has the intensity ramped up noticeably at all?
The first two workouts in stage 2 have definitely ramped up in intensity. I think stage 1 was necessary for me as I'm able to do some moves I've previously been unable to do before. So far for me, it is worth the early access. I needed a plan, a doable plan, and 45 minutes is perfect for me. I think each stage will get much more difficult.
Old 08-27-21, 09:37 AM  
LoveVA

Any more updates/reviews on 645?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 02:46 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Any more updates/reviews on 645?
I took a teaching job, leaving a toxic work environment, that is a long drive. I spend about two hours or a little more in the car daily. In addition to learning "all the things" and the drive, I've been exhausted. My last workout was Sunday.

I will pick up where I left off. For me the positives are the focus on shoulder stability and the back chain. Some days Cesar is motivating and other days I want him to shut up already....LOL! The exercises increase in complexity each week.

I'm not the best at "reviews." But I don't regret the purchase. I'm going to finish the program, but unfortunately, it's going to take me longer.

Week 6 starts some unilateral movements.

Mu personal benefits: My left shoulder has healed a lot. I can do planks and bear movements (sometimes not as fast or for as long as I'd like) but before those types of movements were hindered by my left shoulder). I can also (not pretty and not on tempo) do under switches from and to beast and crab.

Last edited by gigi; 08-28-21 at 02:59 PM. Reason: to add my personal benefits
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 05:22 PM  
gigi

I just finished Stage 2, Week 6, Total Body Tempo and I loved it. Even after 5 days of no workouts, my left shoulder is pain free. I did ALL the switchunders and leg outs from beast to crab. He moved at a slower pace and it was tough but these are moves I've NEVER been able to do. My left shoulder is much more stable than it's ever been.
Old 10-18-21, 03:20 PM  
laurajhawk

OLD THREAD ALERT
I just saw a post from Amoila on Facebook saying that "645 will officially be available for everyone on Beachbody On Demand Member Library November 19th!"

That should be good timing for me to try it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
645, 645 amoila cesar, amoila cesar, bbod, beachbody