Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-21, 07:09 AM  
Sollamyn

I know I'm late to this, but I started watching Queen's Gambit (Netflix) this week. I have two more episodes to watch. (Two thumbs up!)

I finished Death in Paradise, which had a major cliff-hanger at the end. I am hoping that means another season!?

Donna
Old 06-03-21, 07:10 AM  
Carol K

I'm sure it does.
Old 06-03-21, 09:35 AM  
MARIKA

The Affair is awesome watched it a few times. How about Big Little Lies on HBO? That was good.
Old 06-03-21, 08:03 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I’m way behind the rest of the world because I rely on DVDs. On the living room TV I’m watching Orange is the New Black. In the bedroom is Castle with Nathan Fillion who I think is cute as all get out. He is so good at being a smartass.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 12:26 PM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
We watched Billions and Californication on Showtime (it's only like $1 for two months now on Amazon Prime!!) but we're struggling to find other Showtime shows now that we have it until the end of June.

Any Showtime shows suggestions? I really don't care for heavy crime or tough to watch kinds of shows. I tried Ray Donovan but it was a bit too much for me in terms of grit (although he was quite delightful to watch!!).
Shameless! I was so reluctant to start this because I thought it would be heavy and depressing, but it is the best thing I've seen on television in years! And there's 11 seasons. I can't say enough good things about this show -- my husband and I just call it "Show," and speak in reverent and wistful tones about it now that we finished the entire series.
Old 06-04-21, 02:05 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I’m way behind the rest of the world because I rely on DVDs.
_____
YADeb
Same lol! Big Bubble watches his shows on Prime and Amazon downstairs, while Tiny Bubble watches Hulu upstairs. Since my shows are very adult based, I can't watch it in either location without Tiny Bubble wandering in. Hence, I stick to dvds with SATC, Girls, and Broad City. We do watch Hot in Cleveland together
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 02:28 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Diane, does "The Affair" pick up the pace after the first two episodes? The episodes seem very slow . Thanks!
I would say if you don't love it after the first 2 episodes it's not for you - I was completely entranced from the very beginning. I recently checked out Amazon reviews of the series and some people did find it too slow and the 2-POV take on the events bothered many people as they felt they didn't know what the "truth" was. I found it fun to compare the 2 POVs and try to figure out the true events. Others on Amazon complained that there was too much sex and nudity which I don't remember as being at all excessive and I really hate gratuitous sex or nudity - but the scenes I do remember seemed organic to the plot and the story.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 02:45 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Diane. I am going to give it more of a chance.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 03:24 PM  
zoegirl

If you want something light and fun, watch Chuck on Amazon. Loved it!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 09:29 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
If you want something light and fun, watch Chuck on Amazon. Loved it!
Chuck is one of my favorites I have the series on DVD and revisit it about once a year!

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows, off topic