Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-02-04, 06:08 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I'll add to the diversity of jobs...I'm a housekeeper at a research facility/grad school. Now it's not a really stressful job and it doesn't usually tax my brain that much, but we have a boss with some really old-fashioned ideas (not the nice kind either) and he makes it more stressful and requires us to do more thinking than the job really demands. Clear as mud, right???

I guess I'm not a choreo hound, as I could never quite get Christi; but I hate cardio w/o's that are so basic I get bored to distraction. So I guess I like some complexity, but not too much. I hate chaos and too many things going on at the same time...equipment changes can make me crazy. But it's nice when I start getting the hang of a step routine or something like TLP...then I can focus on throwing myself into the workout, without worrying about what I'm supposed to do next!

I also like to lose myself in the workouts. They're my time to sweat out the stresses of the day along with the toxins of cleaning chemicals, not always perfect eating, pollens that don't like me....and fat But learning a new workout and building on it is nice as it engages my brain and keeps the gray matter nimble
Old 11-02-04, 07:11 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

See, I don't like step at all but I like YBB. If I'm going to get the stress out with cardio, I'm going to do it in my own "creative" manner. Are any of you familiar with Gabrielle Roth? She has The Wave tape? Now that is fun, fun, fun for me cuz I can express myself as I see fit. Lexy
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 07:29 PM  
scrapngail

Wow, who knew us bean counters liked to work out so much :)

I'm also an accountant and although I love Cathe, I prefer simplier workouts most of the time. Last night I did Step Reebok's, The Video, because I wanted to workout but I didn't want to do anything that required too much thought.

Tags
career, complex choreography, getting to know you, mindless workouts