Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-06-21, 03:23 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - What were you thinking? 60 minutes with an instructor you don't like? But you powered through! There seems to be a ton of new instructors on Peloton, but maybe I need to visit more often.

9/6 - Monday=run day! Headed to the State Park with a wide trail (less chance of tripping) but the entrance was blocked! The flooding from the storm knocked the bridge up about a foot above the roadway! I headed to another parking area only to realize that I didn't have my park pass in my car! We took hubby's car on vacation and the pass was still in his car. Drove home and decided to just run from the house, did a modified reservoir run, 2.95 miles. Considering it's been 2 weeks since I've run, I was happy with my pace.
I'll walk the dogs after dinner.

We had very little rain at the beach, but up here there was some flooding, and in the Philadelphia area there was major flooding.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 05:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Lili: I honestly think (warped thinking though it may be!) that one of these times I'm going to enjoy her rides. I have a tough time with anything that isn't Power Zone or Tabata. Cuz I'm not sure what they expect of me. Their call outs for resistance and cadence is sometimes like?!? no rhyme or reason and I never feel like it's actually "training". I've often wondered if I would enjoy my Peloton if I didn't do all the power zone challenges. I have to be honest? I'm not sure!!! But anyway -- I went into it thinking, "I'm going to enjoy this ...." yeah. No. NEVER AGAIN!!! congrats on the run. Even though you had some obstacles and had to change your plan ~ you did it! so it sounds like we both had some challenges in our workout. There are a bunch of new instructors (or some!) and I tried Daniel. I'll have to try some as well, but for now? I'm happy with my favorites. Hate to waste a workout.

Waves to Helen and anyone lurking.

Yesterday?? Fun Day Monday!!!! I just did fun stuff. It was a holiday and I decided to just enjoy the bike.

9/6/2021: 5 mins. warm up ride with Bradley Rose, 15 mins. HIIT ride with Bradley, 20 mins. Pop Classical Ride with Bradley, 30 mins. Coldplay ride with Emma Lovewell (still my all time favorite ride!), 10 mins. Classical Cool Down Ride with Emma, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch with Bradley

Just a fun day of workouts!!!! I called it quits after that. Thought about doing some strength, but it never left the "thinking about" stage.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 04:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in before the day begins

And then I don't fall behind! Accountability is a good thing.

Waves to all.

9/7/2021: AM: 30 mins. Tread Bootcamp Upper Body
with Matty, 20 mins. 80s ride w/ Bradley Rose, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch. PM: Cathe's Boss Bands Dvd (whole thing), 10 mins. Happiness meditation (with back pod)

I did like the cloth bands that came with the dvd. But I still think they are a little short for those of us who are tall. It makes it a struggle to use the double bands for shoulder exercises and I do think there is a learning curve with this. Some of the exercises I really liked, others were just ok. I am glad I did this dvd though.

I'm going to try (4 days a week? Maybe 5 ... not sure yet) to do morning and evening workouts again. We'll see how it goes. That gives me time to get in some dvds that I'm otherwise? neglecting! Stay tuned.

I'm also getting a hankering to use my kettlebell dvds, my KCM dvds and believe it or not - some FIRMS. So ... we'll see. (this is until I get sidetracked, get too tired or too sore.) lol.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 09-08-21, 03:15 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

9/7 - gardening
Jessica's Total Body Training
1 Mile w/ Leslie
9/8 - more gardening
30 Min. Cold Play Ride
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch with Bradley Rose and it was to a Cold Play song!
Hoping for a dog walk after dinner.

Cleda - I tried the am & pm exercising back when I worked, but I don't think it lasted very long. I recently came across a list I made for each. I deleted it from the computer!
I liked the Cold Play ride, but it kicked my butt! I may be overestimating my resistance compared to Peloton, or I just need to ride more?
Waves to Helen and any one else!

Old 09-08-21, 06:48 PM  
Helen

My Boss Bands & Loops were supposed to arrive Tuesday but didn't and it's already 8pm Wednesday.

The one time that being short may be an advantage, with the loops!
I didn't order the equipment bits - have several strengths of long loops and booty bands in non-fabric & they're available here anyway.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 04:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Won't be left behind

So I need to check in .....

Helen: So glad your dvds arrived. I know you'll let us know how they are!!!

Lili: I can't help on the thoughts of resistance on the ColdPlay ride. I've done it 13x (probably the most of all the Peloton full length rides) and each time is different for me depending on how much I put in to it, what's going on in my life each time etc. It's ok to just pedal along to the music also!!! We'll see about the PM exercising. Last night? Didn't happen. I may aim for 3-5x per week. We'll see. I have to get in a groove. I think it will be easier next week when the rowing challenge begins and I have to do 4x 20 mins. each week for 4 weeks. I may just save that for night time. Add a cool down & warm up? and I'm there! we know I love a challenge.

On to me, me, me ....

9/8/2021: Jumprope 15 mins., Run on the tread for 20 mins. with a new instructor (Forget her name now - but she said ya'all about 1000x ~ drove me crazy. Maybe it was first premiere run jitters?? ) and then a 10 mins. cool down run and then 10 mins. abs with Hannah Corbin using tubing. (i'm getting so daring these days, aren't I?)

Ok, gotta run. Not sure what I'll do today. But something.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 09-09-21, 03:22 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

It's a low energy day, so just a dog walk. I may try and sneak in a meditation later.

Old 09-10-21, 03:55 AM  
Helen

Yesterday - got all the times/breakdowns for the workouts, chapters, premixes, ... Entered them all into the log, saved the digital version of the disc whilst they were brand new (if they get scratched/old, I can burn a replacement), and experimented with long loops, flat bands, & tubing; and various kinds of booty loops I have to see what matches Cathe's colours.

Basically took the day off work to get it done, but we ALL did as it was RUOK day - mental health.

Weather has decidedly turned spring-like - hit 82F today & the air smells of Jasmine & Wattle. Going to hit 86F tomorrow, followed by a thunderstorm to break it. DH has been working in the yard, digging trenches & laying cables before the storm hits - for solar panels going on the garage roof! At last!!

LILI
Those days happen - you know yourself well enough to do what's right for YOU.

CLEDA
You DO love a challenge! Do you mean by "Add a cool down & warm up? and I'm there!" that IF the 20min includes w/u & c/d - you're IN?

I'm off - to DO something - think I'll try the Booty Band one - Boss Loops Glutes & Core - seems a gentler introduction into these new workouts.

Business
7 Tue 63min, Cathe - Strong & Sweaty - Cardio Slam - Modification Mix 2
8 Wed 46min, Wai Lana - Firming Yoga
9 Thu 52min, CIA - Two Hours of Stepping - Michelle' Workout
10 Fri 52min, Cathe - Boss Loops Glutes & Core

Ok, Now that I've DONE the Boss Loops Glutes & Core, thoughts:
Intermediate level, definitely not Int/Adv. JUST hard enough NOT to tag it as Beg/Int.
Didn't get her fabric bands & loops as have plenty. Started with Cathe loops, but they're quite narrow & with the large range of movement in the first half, they rolled to be like a piece of tubing tight around my thighs, so switched to a much wider one, but since it was longer, set it just above my knees and worked well. Used the same one for the remainder of the workout, and kept it low towards knees.

I found the abs work in the core section the hardest, but none of it had me finishing a section with relief that it was over.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 04:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

and then have to get to my workout!!!

Helen: it's a 20 minute workout and I add the warm up and cool down, so it means 30 mins. total for rowing. The challenge is not super clear if it has to be 20 minutes at once on one day (one 20 mins. workout - which I think it probably is) or if we can string along some classes. I'm not taking any chances when it comes to earning a month long badge! All because of wording. Better safe than sorry.

Waves to Lili & all ...

9/10/2021: row 10 mins. with Sera, 15 mins. rowwith James and then a Reflection ride (20 mins) with Christine. Then it was off to play pickleball for 2 hours. I ended up with over 17k steps for the day (which has NOT happened in a long time!)

Make it a great day. Gotta go hit the bike.
Cleda
Old 09-11-21, 05:36 AM  
Helen

Saturday, 11th of September
Light: 43min, Leslie Sansone - Walk Your Belly Flat - Miles 2+3
Hard: 49min, Cathe - Intensity - Timesaver: Step + Max + Bootcamp Mix

Beaches were jam packed today!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun