Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-23-21, 11:04 AM  
Vantreesta

September 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 11:06 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's September goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

1. Get up at 7:00 AM (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
2. In bed by 11:00 PM or right after post-game show (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
3. Stay within calorie allowance on MyFitnessPal
4. Stay within sugar allowance on MyFitnessPal
5. Meet minimum protein goal on MyFitnessPal
6. No seconds at supper 5 nights/week
7. Take all supplements
8. Fruit smoothie 3 days/week
9. Eat veggies daily
10. Drink chamomile/herbal tea before bed
11. Train Cyric 5 days/week
12. Listen to a dog training podcast 3 days/week
13. Brush Cyric 2 days/week
14. Brush Cyric's teeth 5 days/week
15. Workout 5 days/week
16. Glute activation/hamstring rehab 3 days/week
17. Calf/shin rehab 3 days/week
18. Foam roll 3 days/week
19. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)
20. No watching YouTube till after workouts and chores (doing YT workouts is fine, just no sitting and watching)
21. Spend at least 10 minutes a day learning Helen's database
22. Go to church when home--must rebuild this habit!

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Start AM walk by 9:00

Max possible points: ( avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): ( avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

June 1-6 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
June 7-13 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
June 14-20 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
June 21-27 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
June 28-30 pts (out of avg ) ~ %

total for the month: / ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-26-21, 09:47 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's September Goals

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk
4. dvd or youtube
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Declutter
7. Gratitude Journal
8. 25/5 computer rule. 25 minutes on/5 minutes stretch/walk

extra credit for 1 pt each:
1. extra walk
2. extra dvd/youtube.

Total Points Available: 240 pts Goal: 216

Total points: 204. Missed by 12 points

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 10:04 AM  
Vantreesta

I don't think I will have time to get my goals set and everything before Dad gets here so probably starting my September challenge next Tuesday, day after Labor Day. Crazy it's this time of year already! My village will be going up next week!! Yay!

Old 08-30-21, 05:20 PM  
MathTeacher

One goal.

Better than August
Old 09-01-21, 12:40 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I was not even close to making my goals for August so I'm with you, MT, "Better than August".

Vannie, glad you made it home safely through that storm. It sounded pretty intense. Have fun with your dad!

Sherry any modifications you can do with Lift and Shift? Fewer reps or lighter weights?

I decided to unsubscribe to Citizen Athletics youtube channel even though it had become my fav. He's changed his format and is trying to be funny and entertaining to the point that it's a distraction from the content. Oh well. E3 Rehab and Redefining Strength are still pretty good.

I got a good walk in this morning and am using my YTU balls a lot for myofascial release. Probably my most used prop.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-06-21, 11:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Had a good few days with my dad, just not long enough. I wasn't ready for him to leave. Saturday we spent 9 1/2 hours at the MN Ren Fest, most of it with friends, and yesterday we drove down to Des Moines for that fest. Yesterday was beastly hot from the moment we stepped out of the car at 10 AM. Today we're just bumming around. I wanted to go hiking but all the driving and the heat have drained us and feels good to be lazy. I can't get Cyric till this afternoon though and I miss him so much! I had booked the kennel a while back bc I assumed we would be going to my father-in-law's, but it did give us the freedom to stay at the fests longer (cancelling would have still cost me nights on the boarding package bc it was a holiday wknd).

I'm looking forward to getting myself back on track this week. Lots of good stuff has been happening the last couple weeks with camping and time with Dad and friends and everything but I am missing my routine and starting to feel ungrounded again. I'm also excited that I will be putting up my Halloween village this week! Huzzah!

Old 09-06-21, 12:54 PM  
Leonana

I've had a bad cold the past three weeks, so haven't worked out much. It was in my chest with lots of coughing. I was mostly over it after two weeks. Last Wednesday, I cleaned house, then did a Justina Ercole Endurance Strength workout, then a 15 minute Jessica Smith Abs walk. I over did it and had a relapse. Anyway, I'm starting to feel normal today. Still a bit low on energy. I'm going to skip workouts this week, but maybe some yoga later in the week.

My husband's high school friend is in the hospital dying of Covid, so along with feelings about sadness, my pandemic anxiety is increasing.

MT, I hope September is better than August, but so far, I'm not seeing a change. But I'm trying to be positive!

Katie, I've lost my mojo for Lift and Shift after getting sick. I'll probably do one L&S strength workout per week, and other moderate to light workouts the rest of the week.

Vannie, yay for the Halloween Village! The holidays are officially here, lol. I'm glad you had a good time with your dad.
Old 09-06-21, 06:32 PM  
MathTeacher

Weeeelllllllllllllllll, I did not start September very well. Hopefully I can get myself pulled together.

Vannie, I went to Lowe's to buy new Halloween inflatables yesterday. They were picked over already. Everyone is finally figuring out what you and I have known since birth.

Leona, I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Katie, I am glad you have gotten walks in. I hope that means your weather is improving.
Old 09-07-21, 10:57 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, hope you are feeling better and won't relapse again. Sounds like a tough one. I'm so sorry about your DH's friend. I hope for a miracle to pull through. We lost a neighbor recently to C. He was in his 60's/70's. His whole family, wife, kids, grandkid, got it. Most were very mild but not him.

Vannie, so glad you had such a great time with DD and got to get in a couple Renfests too!

MT, I got my weight back. Oh well. We have company this week so I don't expect to lose it for the time being.

Do The Next Thing!