Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-21, 08:23 PM  
Gams

I like these walks but they are not very fast and you will not get anywhere near 3900 steps.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 12:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did the first workout (Utah) and the mountains in the background are breathtaking! While this is very much a beginner workout, I still enjoyed it and used it as a warmup to Lift and Shift. In this one there was about a dozen (mostly young folks) marching/walking with Jenny. I enjoyed watching everyone and Jenny is very enthusiastic and bubbly. Such a wonderful instructor. There is a bit of boosted exercises to get the HR up a bit more (squat, jogging) so there is some variety. I've looked at a few of the other walks and some are more challenging than this one was. I think she just wanted the people she was with to have fun and enjoy themselves and it put a smile on my face, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 03:42 PM  
amery

I did several of them when they were free on Youtube. They're definitely beginner, but very enjoyable. I wear a weighted vest and hand weights to add a little intensity. Absolutely NO dread factor with these. You can zone out, enjoy the scenery, and get some steps in.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 04:31 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I think the workouts are also intermediate. I guess everyone has a different opinion on what is beginner! I got a good workout with the one I tried. I am an intermediate exerciser who no longer feels the need to kill myself during a workout! It was fun and I liked it better than JS or Leslie. I wish she had a DVD with weights added.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:49 PM  
Gams

Gemini, Jenny’s Checkout Workout has multiple workouts and one of them uses weights. You can get it on eBay or Total Fitness DVDs for only $12.95. It’s a great deal - I think there are 5 workouts included.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 06:35 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Gemini, Jenny’s Checkout Workout has multiple workouts and one of them uses weights. You can get it on eBay or Total Fitness DVDs for only $12.95. It’s a great deal - I think there are 5 workouts included.
Thanks, Gams!!!! Just bought it!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-21, 08:31 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 06:18 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I ordered my set today!
Nice!!! Am I the only one excited to build the country with the magnetic states? I need to grow up!!!! hahaha
Old 03-26-21, 06:55 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Nice!!! Am I the only one excited to build the country with the magnetic states? I need to grow up!!!! hahaha
I’m looking forward to this too! 😂😂😂. Just need to figure out where to put the map up at. 😉
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 07:17 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jenny ford, mindless workouts, outdoor settings, outdoor workouts, walk across america, walking workouts