Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-20, 01:16 PM  
kat999

This is partly why 9 times out of 10 when I do Leslie or Jessica, I mute them and play what I want. I keep watching carefully in order to keep the correct pace (although sometimes I amp it up and jog when they're walking), but if I've done the same walking workout a bunch, I don't actually need the cueing or the bland music.
Old 10-24-20, 03:26 PM  
JessicaW

Thanks for all these great suggestions, Alta! I can't wait to try. I am always looking for ways to get my 10,000 steps a day and get tired of the same ole - that is, the treadmill and Leslie. I love the music in these youtube finds. I wonder how they get away with using music like that? Anyway, I particularly look forward to trying Keoni Tamayo. He is new to me
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 05:03 AM  
Venus

Thank you for the suggestions! I plan to do a walking and yoga rotation next month and was going to use Leslie, Jessica Smith, and Up to the Beat walking workouts. Now I'll have more choices to include
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 11:18 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
. I subscribe off & on to Walking Online Workouts. I love her music and no talking. She adds new material often & has some fun Halloween themed walks lately. I’m maxed out on chatty instructors these days!
These are great with the outdoor settings and no talking but I do think her subscription is too expensive for what you get.
Old 10-25-20, 11:31 AM  
sherry7899

I think WOW posts a new workout every week and has over 100 workouts. It is $9.99 a month.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 11:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
These are great with the outdoor settings and no talking but I do think her subscription is too expensive for what you get.
I wouldn’t pay any more than $9.99, but as Sherry said, there’s a new walk every week. I tend to pause my sub every couple of months, it’s very easy to do. I’m on the fence about doing a year for $99. Waiting to see if she does a Black Friday discount, but I think that’s unlikely.

I do like Reps to the Rhythm on YT, but find the commercial interruptions mid workout quite annoying. I think that is becoming more & more common as they push you to pay for YT premium.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:20 AM  
Rhonda

I have moved from Leslie this year. I was doing a lot of Jessica but found Keoni and like him, new moves also. No talking is a plus.

I have found Leslie's walks boring as you do the same moves over and over and I can't stand Nick.

Jessica's are still good but it seems I am doing the same ones over and over on youtube and they are getting a bit boring. I also am seeing more advertisements in hers.

Keoni is a breath of fresh air and I just recently found him.

Have done WOW in a while and I won't subscribe as I don't need to pay $9.99 a month for just walking workouts.

I do use my rebounder to help get steps in, actually just start back on the rebounder a couple weeks ago.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:40 PM  
horsemom2

I have been doing mostly Kyra Pro on a rebounder.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnl...0Oz2kddSXDH66Q

I love her music and moves and have also subscribed to her private content for $3 a month, even though she has plenty of free videos.

I still do WOW about every 3 months for a month with pausing but am finding it repetitive since she travels less than she used to and seems less creative than she used to be.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 10:46 AM  
adrien_73

I want to thank those who referenced Rick Bhullar's walking workouts in this thread! He recently posted a short one that I love! I've been using it as a warmup every day. I haven't had much motivation lately but this one gets me going!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hzc30Z-TSo

This one was just posted but I have not had a chance to try it yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhBKPKdrIcc
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 10:53 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I want to thank those who referenced Rick Bhullar's walking workouts in this thread! He recently posted a short one that I love! I've been using it as a warmup every day. I haven't had much motivation lately but this one gets me going!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hzc30Z-TSo

This one was just posted but I have not had a chance to try it yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhBKPKdrIcc
I posted about him. I need to try the ones you posted. Glad you like him

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
good music, leslie sansone, music, walking workouts, youtube workouts