Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-20, 04:36 PM  
Gams

Has the virus affected your relationships with friends?

I am just about ready to unfriend some people from Facebook and hopefully never deal with them again. One friend keeps posting these videos about how the virus is just an excuse for the government to try to create a police state or how the virus is just a hoax and everyone has the “vaccine” to fight off the virus - “it’s called your f***ing immune system”. Other friends won’t stop traveling and are so angry when they’ve been inconvenienced by a cancelled or changed flight. I realize I’m not in the best of humor these days, but I’m really, really tired of all these people.
Old 04-11-20, 05:06 PM  
sherry7899

I get it. A friend of my husband 's from high school was complaining about needing to stay home. She traveled into NYC and thought nothing of it. She said there is too big a deal being made over the virus . She also texted photos of the home improvements they made on.the house they are moving to, and an invite to a housewarming party in June. What planet is she on? She and her husband have medical conditions and she is shrugging this off as hysteria.

In mid March she asked us to get together and seemed to think we were neurotic for saying no.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-11-20, 05:09 PM  
BunnyHop

Apparently all my friends are sensible enough to share my opinions, so we talk on the phone about how we're losing track of the days, new tips for sewing face masks, and what to cook with whatever's in the pantry. Looking forward to the day when we can see each other more normally.
Old 04-11-20, 05:13 PM  
Gams

There was also a video with a woman saying that there really aren’t many virus deaths because most of the death certificates have been forged and the causes of death are really something else. How can people really believe that?
Old 04-11-20, 05:17 PM  
Kitten

I haven't personally lost any friends over the virus.

I weeded out all the toxic people in my left during my divorce.

As far as the how can people believe that, there are conspiracy theorists out there saying stuff like that.

Until my state was shut down, I saw a lot of people with their heads in the sand. I worked in a non essential business and people were just popping in to buy things.
Old 04-11-20, 05:55 PM  
suzannaerin

It’s all a hoax, over hyped or a conspiracy until one of them or a family member gets sick or dies.
Old 04-11-20, 06:05 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
There was also a video with a woman saying that there really aren’t many virus deaths because most of the death certificates have been forged and the causes of death are really something else. How can people really believe that?
There are people who think Sandy Hook and 9/11 were faked.
Old 04-11-20, 06:17 PM  
Izzy

I am not on social media at all. But my daughter called the other day. She is 29 and said she was done with social media. I didn't ask why, but she offered she was tired of it all. She said it was making her (more) depressed. I told her I thought it was a good decision then. She said she feels better already.
Old 04-11-20, 06:30 PM  
Daffie

I’m included in a group text almost everyday. A few people I barely know. I absolutely know the intent is good but it’s annoying the responses go on most of the day. Usually ends up with someone getting their feelings hurt. Sometimes the responses are just DITTO and ditto the ditto. If someone doesn’t know who a number belongs to they text the whole group to see who it is. Private conversations between two or three get started but still in the group.

Anyway.....
Old 04-11-20, 09:00 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Most of my "friends" on Facebook are family members. I think I mentioned in the "keep positive" thread that I am snoozing the people on Facebook that annoy me in my current somewhat stressed out mood. In the early stages of the virus, one cousin kept posting conspiracy/media issue type things, but thankfully he has stopped doing so. The more that time goes on, it seems harder for the conspiracy theorists to support their positions. Sorry, but I just don't think any conspirators could be THAT good at creating this kind of hoax. People in general just aren't that smart or clever.

I haven't lost any friendships. But I have contacted and been contacted by friends that I haven't been in touch with as often as any of us have wanted. So that is a good thing to come out of a bad situation.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, social media