Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-03, 01:56 PM  
lsp
VF Supporter

A lot of Gilad's videos (step & hi-lo) are filmed on the beach in Hawaii. He also has one that was filmed in Jerusalem. I haven't watched this one, but I've seen a couple VFer's write that the scenery is great.
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-03, 02:05 PM  
Theotoks
VF Supporter

Gilad's sets

are all the beautiful beach in Hawaii (Oahu, I think). Of course, Gilad is pretty easy to look at too!

Tamilee Webb's Stretch for Beginners tape is set in a beautiful outdoor setting. Her Upper Body of Steel is set indoors but with a picture window through which you can see a beautiful Japanese garden,

Edited to add Charlene Prickett's Less Intensity, More Results - the Canadian Rockies,

ALWAYS have a Plan B.
Old 01-11-03, 03:00 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Patricia!

OMGosh! You look so much like Mindy Mylrea! At first I thought I was looking at a photo of Mindy, and then I realized it must be your own photo! Have you ever met her? She's such a sweetheart .
Old 01-11-03, 03:49 PM  
Theotoks
VF Supporter

I WISH!

I have the hair, but the body . . .

I haven't met her but she is one of my favorite instructors. I wish I had her energy - or stamina - or strength.

Ooops - not down on myself or my body. I am tall, too. Mindy is just 5' and I've got 8" on her!

ALWAYS have a Plan B.
Old 01-11-03, 04:19 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Denise Austin's Sizzler tape is shot on some rocks with beach houses and pounding surf in the background. It's an intermediate level circuit workout, and pretty much the only Denise workout I can stand

If you can get it, the Health Network has a pretty decent show called Carribbean Workout that's on about 3 times a day. The same channel also has Gilad, but not as often.
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-03, 04:31 PM  
countrygirl
VF Supporter

I agree with you that outdoor sets are so much nicer. As Sharon recommended, Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough is a great one - filmed outside in a beautiful park in LA. I have had this video for a while and do it over and over because of the scenery. It does require a step and weights.

You might also like Suzanne Deason's Lower Body Yoga which is filmed at the Haleakala volcano on Maui.

Hopefully we will see more outdoor videos. I have owned some videos with great instructors and great combinations, but viewing a plain, uninspired studio for an hour really detracts from the overall enjoyment of the workout.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-03, 04:43 PM  
TMoch

Hi,

The MTV video, which I can't remember the name of. At the end of the workout there's a yoga section and the scenery is magnificent! Lots of greenery and blue sky.

Terri
TMoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-03, 08:06 PM  
SassyGirl
VF Supporter

"Your Personal Best" with Karen Voight and Elle MacPherson is an excellent video shot outdoors (I think in Hawaii) and has great music too! Circuit-style workout with strength training segments and aerobic segments. It's a fun workout.

Gaiam "Pilates for Weight Loss" is also filmed outdoors (I think Hawaii?) - beautiful scenery and beautiful music....great workout.

SassyGirl
SassyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-03, 05:13 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Charlene Prickett's Low Impact, High Intensity is shot outside, in the mountains. Intermediate hi/lo.
Kathy

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-03, 08:53 PM  
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally posted by TMoch
Hi,

The MTV video, which I can't remember the name of. At the end of the workout there's a yoga section and the scenery is magnificent! Lots of greenery and blue sky.

Terri

It's called MTV Advanced Total Body workout.

I also suggest Margaret Richard High Voltage, is shot in front of a bay with ships etc.

She also has a stretching tape that is shot in Mexico with a beach like background. Very good tape!!

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor settings, sizzler