Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-12, 12:36 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
duuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! you SO need to do body beast...... i have had ZERO...... let me repeat: ZERO dread factor!

this this time in p90x i was getting ready to be done (and always, always dreaded yogaX!)

STS, of course i hated.... ICK... but i finished...

insanity i loved but near the end i was ready to be done and move on!

hated tapoutXT.... bleck!

of course, you know i love/loved RKS.... but my rotations of that were always short since i doubled up the workouts....

but body beast is AWESOME! sagi is so funny and not tony horton annoying AT.ALL! i don't watch the screen so i don't see him preen.... i love and find it funny when he talks about the body beast in third person... again... not annoying like tony (or chalean) at.all!

you get a 90 day period to return it.... don't go on the short clips.... give it a try!!!!!!

(i am NOT, nor have i ever been a beach body coach! this i all my own love for the program!)
Oh dear...I had no interest in Body Beast and now I'm totally wanting it! Time to go check out the Body Beast thread!
Old 09-13-12, 02:07 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

I hadn't heard of JNL either. Looks interesting...she's certainly easy to look at. I'll have to find the thread on it and see what folks are saying. It's costly at $120.
I got this system and have just started using it. The one actual workout I did was good (a full body workout) but warmups and cooldowns aren't included, at least on this particular workout. I also did the stretch routine, which was very good. There is a lot of enthusiam in the "class" and I did enjoy both routines a lot, but the lack of warmup/cooldown frosted me.

Yeah, I can do my own warmup/cooldown, but why should the heck should I? For $120, these should have been included. However, then the makers of the system couldn't say that it only takes 30 minutes a day. With a decent warmup and cooldown/stretch, it's more like 45 minutes. Not a deal-breaker to me, and it is more honest than "30 minutes a day!"

Sorry to sound hissy, but this set cost as much as P90X, and you get warmups/cooldowns on P90X. Harumph.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 02:17 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I second (or third?) the suggestion on Body Beast. I'm loving it so far and I still laugh at Sagi's "beasty" comments. He's not over the top but just funny and amusing.

Another Beasty lover! I think Sagi is pretty funny. Some of the girls at check-in do not like that he calls one of the background exercisers "pretty boy" several times, but I think the name fits the guy! He IS pretty!
Finally a workout program with perfect scenery.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 03:06 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
Another Beasty lover! I think Sagi is pretty funny. Some of the girls at check-in do not like that he calls one of the background exercisers "pretty boy" several times, but I think the name fits the guy! He IS pretty!
Finally a workout program with perfect scenery.

i actually love that he calls him "pretty boy" and i love that he calls the bachelorette dude "barbie"....
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 03:27 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
i actually love that he calls him "pretty boy" and i love that he calls the bachelorette dude "barbie"....
LOL Me too! It fits.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 03:46 PM  
Getfit

I am using Met-Rx 180 now, which I like. It isn't the most exciting program but I love the materials and the workouts are solid. I am in phase 1 of a 90 day program. I find Frank very motivating and overall I am happy with the system so far and I am into week 2 of the program.

I also have Deltafit but have only used 2 workouts so far. It seems like a solid program and the cost can't be beat except for S90 which you can find at Big Lots for $4.

I did a partial JNL fusion rotation and I really enjoyed the program.
Old 09-13-12, 04:47 PM  
laurajhawk

And Now For Something Completely Different ...

How about Ultimate Yogi?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 05:12 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I also agree with the sentiment of creating your own rotation with individual DVDs. Are there any particular instructors you have clicked with in the past? Jillian? Tony's one-on-one collection? Jari Love? Ilaria? Jackie Warner? Just throwing out some names--obviously the ones I like, lol. Maybe creating your own rotation and rotating some various instructors will help.

For what it is worth, I am in love with JNL Fusion at the moment...and I am rotation challenged. The only negative is the lack of warm up and cool down, but this set has single handedly saved me from being rotationally challenged and got me back into exercising consistently.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 07:58 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, now I'm picturing a Monty Python skit

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 08:39 PM  
pattyd0319

I've had trouble finding something to click too. I can't run or do any jumping for while soooo.. I didn't click with Cardio Karate, Tapout or JNL. I've done P90x and STS in the past and don't feel like doing them. I do have Metrx 180 and it looks like a good fit but haven't had time to start the rotation yet so I've been squeezing in classes at work. I also bought Body Beast for dh for his bday in a couple weeks so I'll check that one out too.

Good luck and sometimes it is just fun to mix it up. Hopefully the weather will stay decent for you to continue to workout outside until you decide what to do.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jnl fusion, met-rx, met-rx 180, systems, workouts for men