Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-12, 09:34 AM  
bayportsmom

"I hadn't heard of JNL either. Looks interesting...she's certainly easy to look at. I'll have to find the thread on it and see what folks are saying. It's costly at $120."

Hmmmm.....hadn't thought about the "easy to look" at part....could that be why the 15 year old boy likes it so well? No, they are really good workouts. They are "splits" with weight/cardio intervals. If I remember right, it is 30 seconds of each. You can always go heavier and jump higher to make it more challenging. Her ab workouts didn't do much for me, but it is a really fun program.
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 09:41 AM  
orion

Have you looked at be fit in 90 (http://www.youtube.com/user/befitin9...results_main)? it's a youtube system so it's free, has 2 leads (male and female), they use clips of about 10 mins they combine to create 30-40 mins w/os and they replace the w/u, c/d and yoga monthly. I haven't tried it and I can't say if it's good or not, but it does look good (and it's free...)
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 09:44 AM  
orion

If no one mentions JM's Body Revolution, I'll do it later.....
<I crack me up>
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 09:59 AM  
boukilisa

What it you gave yourself the freedom to not do a system for a while? Maybe doing some random workouts would shake things up and make you feel refreshed enough to commit to something before winter comes. Just a thought. Good luck.
Old 09-13-12, 10:04 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Hadn't heard of DeltaFit. This one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iH1JaSp70A

That dude is goofy!
That's him, and yes he can be goofy, but he's not all the time.
I've only just started the rotation, but love the workouts, and the fact that they're only about 30 minutes long. They fly by!

There's a discount code for 25% off, too, and it was good about a week ago when I ordered mine. If you're interested in them, I'll try and hunt it down and post it for you.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 11:10 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It might be time to design your own rotation. Don't rely on the rotations of others for long term fitness. By now you know your own body and what your strengths and weaknesses are. You know what you need to work on. You can use the dvds you already own and mix and match them, making sure you get a mixture of cardio, strength and flexibility over time.
Old 09-13-12, 11:43 AM  
JumpingJane

Quote:
I'm right with ya. I have a number of the "real" BodyPump disks - not the BeachBody set - and I worked out to one this morning. Yeah, I like those. The only problem I have with Pump is that no matter the disk, it's essentially the *exact* same workout. There's not much variety in any of the disks I have.
Well, Les Mills Combat should be out by the end of the year. Maybe you can combine Combat (or the Cardio Add-ons to Les Mills Pump), your BodyPump disks and some yoga (stretch, pilates, BodyBalance?) to counteract the "sameness". I can see that as a possible problem with Pump although a lot of VFers are happy with it.

You didn't mention (or I forgot ) whether you want to focus on something specific: Cardio, strength, flexibility?
JumpingJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 11:50 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
What it you gave yourself the freedom to not do a system for a while? Maybe doing some random workouts would shake things up and make you feel refreshed enough to commit to something before winter comes. Just a thought. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
It might be time to design your own rotation. Don't rely on the rotations of others for long term fitness. By now you know your own body and what your strengths and weaknesses are. You know what you need to work on. You can use the dvds you already own and mix and match them, making sure you get a mixture of cardio, strength and flexibility over time.
ITA. (Incidentally, Blackadar, I agree with most of your system observations.) ... Have you tried purchasing individual workouts and creating your own rotation yet? If I had to rely on systems to achieve fitness, I would have given up on exercise a long time ago.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 11:51 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
I've looked at Body Beast. Not sure if I could take 30 days (never mind 90) of the host preening and talking about being "the Beast".

duuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! you SO need to do body beast...... i have had ZERO...... let me repeat: ZERO dread factor!

this this time in p90x i was getting ready to be done (and always, always dreaded yogaX!)

STS, of course i hated.... ICK... but i finished...

insanity i loved but near the end i was ready to be done and move on!

hated tapoutXT.... bleck!

of course, you know i love/loved RKS.... but my rotations of that were always short since i doubled up the workouts....

but body beast is AWESOME! sagi is so funny and not tony horton annoying AT.ALL! i don't watch the screen so i don't see him preen.... i love and find it funny when he talks about the body beast in third person... again... not annoying like tony (or chalean) at.all!

you get a 90 day period to return it.... don't go on the short clips.... give it a try!!!!!!

(i am NOT, nor have i ever been a beach body coach! this i all my own love for the program!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 12:02 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I second (or third?) the suggestion on Body Beast. I'm loving it so far and I still laugh at Sagi's "beasty" comments. He's not over the top but just funny and amusing.

Another suggestion is the MetRX 180 set. It's a little like STS in that it has phases and the weightlifting exercises that are traditional but it also moves at a nice pace and the instructor is motivating and good with form pointers. Not very exciting but a good solid program.

Deltafit is also a very good program but I've only previewed a few of the discs and done a couple. But from those, I can say that BJ is entertaining and the workouts fly by.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jnl fusion, met-rx, met-rx 180, systems, workouts for men