Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-11, 11:16 AM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirmrose View Post
I try to but if it is a long one I usually end up getting a cold and am unable to finish.
Me, too! Or I get so fatigued for such long periods of time, that continuing with a rotation is out of the question. OR I get injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
I love the old FIRMS and have tried desperately to do the 90 day rotation many times. I think the longest I made it was five weeks. Just couldn't stick with it, others were calling my name.

I was beginning to believe I was rotationally challenged and that I could never do a rotation. Until...

I bought The Skogg System. We're (hubby is doing it with me) starting our 8th week on Monday! I will definitely be finishing this rotation--I know that for certain, I love it that much. It's strange because I love The FIRM, but Skogg just clicks with me.

So I think those of us who can't do a rotation haven't found the perfect rotation yet.

When we finish Skogg, I plan to continue Skogg work and also do Navy Seal Workouts. I just bought all the Scott Helvenston workouts and am previewing them now. They're tough yet simplistic, if that makes sense, and just what I want. I won't start Navy Seal workouts for another 60 days, though, as I'm doing The Skogg Challenge.
Your posts are what make me want Skogg!! I'm excited for you
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 07:46 PM  
buffmama

I don't seem to have the rotation gene. If I do one part of a video I like to do the rest of it before shelving it again (like a Kelly 30 min to fitness if I do one workout). I can also usually handle doing one round of an instructors workouts. Much beyond that I'm just kidding myself. I think I did 3 weeks of Barry's boot camp before boredom set in. I'm better at templates and plugging workouts in but of course days do get switched as needed.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 01:54 AM  
nubiennelady

8 Weeks is about all my attention span can handle I did do a complete round of P90X recently but that was because I was doing it with my husband. Otherwise, I was ready to stop at week 8. Glad I stuck with it though because in the end I dropped 2 sizes.

I completed the Look Great in Eight program years ago and had good results from it. I stuck with this one because I was given a free gym membership for 3 months and I wanted to take advantage of it. But typically, I'm good for about 3-4 weeks before "new shiny toy" syndrome kicks in and I'm onto other things.
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 05:43 PM  
KathAL79

I find I'm most regular and motivated when I have a rotation.

Even when I'm doing long rotations (the longest I've done was NROL for Women, which goes for something like 7 months, give or take), things switch up after 3-6 weeks (usually 4). I can't imagine doing the same exact workouts for longer than that.

I try to stick with a rotation unless I feel it's actually hurting more than it's helping and/or something else comes up (medical or other "life happens" moments I can't avoid).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotations, systems