Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-11, 01:04 PM  
KellyMarie65

I could never do a complete rotation. I work too much I think (usually 7 days a week) and if I get in a workout at least 4 days out of 7 and I try for more then I think I'm doing good for myself. I am leaning towards working my core more as I get older and bodyweight functional exercises. I want to be able to be mobile/functional as long as possible as I get older. So, I am happy if I just keep exercising regularly, whatever it is.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 01:28 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
What are the Navy Seal workouts? Are there any previews?
This is the link to their homepage. I bought through them because it supports Scott Helveston's children. (He was killed in Iraq.)

You can see a clip of one of the DVDs at collage video here.

He was a Navy Seal for 12 years and then was a Navy Seal trainer for a few years after that. They are tough workouts. I bought one other used on Amazon that you cannot find new anywhere. Very military, counting one, two, tha-ree. I love them, though.

I think once I finish The Skogg Challenge, I'll incorporate both Skogg and the Navy Seal workouts as my regular routine for awhile.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 01:35 PM  
jenn38

I'm trying. I usually start and then get bored. Or miss my other workouts. I like having a template of a rotation to follow more than a rotation itself. I am trying to up my exercise from four days to five or six. That being said I have been working on Cathes August rotation for two months. I have four workouts left to go. Hopefully by October I can start a new rotation.
Old 09-25-11, 03:23 PM  
steakhousegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Yes! Once I start I always finish. If I purchase something it's usually well thought out. I can't see spending over $100.00 for something & not doing it. Plus it makes me feel like I've reached a goal. Sometimes it gets hard [like the last week of Insanity]
I agree 100%! I always a complete a rotation. I can't get a good feel for results, possible injuries or effectiveness if I don't.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 04:31 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
If I commit myself to doing a rotation, then I finish the entire rotation. It doesn't matter if it's a rotation like P90X or CLX, or if it's one that I created.
I am the same, if I commit myself to something, I finish it, DVD rotations or race training. I also like pre-determined rotations from sets, as it is less thinking on my part. When I make my own rotations, they are often unbalanced.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 06:20 PM  
moviegrl1737

I just finished my first ever and the difference between having a plan and sort of flailing about are staggering, for me anyway.
I'm three quarters of the way through my second and am really struggling to stay on track, but that might be the craziness of my life right now.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 09:03 AM  
Kesal

I flounder without a rotation, but I don't always do it to completion. I feel no shame about that, either!

I would say that I complete 1, maybe 2, rotations each year. So far this year I've completed an S90 rotation (90 days) and a Blissology rotation (60 days -- I liked it so much that I kept going for an "extra" month before I started getting bored). I've started and bailed on 2 or 3 other rotations. I think I may try a BBL rotation. I did that one successfully last year.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 09:14 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

No.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 09:43 AM  
turbo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
In all my years of working out, I have been at my fittest when following rotations. Which is not to say that every rotation is good. Sometimes, I may experiment with a rotation and discover it does not feel effective or right for me. No point going through then.
Same here, but I my rotations are usually 4-6 week rotations (with the exception of STS) By the 6th week I"m usually antsy for something "different". I have found if I don't have a rotation (DVD's, paper workouts, or w/o's I create myself) I just flounder around not really accomplishing good, solid workouts. I don't really like that feeling of not having a "plan".
Old 09-26-11, 09:52 AM  
beatchica

Wow! It is interesting to see so many varied answers to this question.
This past year I have been trying to complete my rotations, mostly to economize. I will not purchase another system until I complete the last one I bought. This has kept me pretty honest, if not a bit bored, uninspired and unmotivated during the last couple of weeks of a rotation. I am a bit of a variety junkie when it come to working out, so it is not a bad thing for me to practice a little discipline.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotations, systems