Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-11, 07:35 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I'm good for 6-8 weeks but I do don't 90 day stuff. I used to be an ardent non-rotator; but what I've learned is that if you stick with a rotation for even a couple weeks, you start to SEE RESULTS. By that I mean, you can do more reps or use heavier weights or do more intervals or whatever. And I learned that those results are SO REWARDING. When I'm doing my own thing I'm not repeating the same workouts enough to see that. I'm maintaining fitness, but there's nothing like the high that comes from seeing actual results.

This summer I used Jari Love's original Get Ripped for about 8 weeks and I went from using one increment below Jari (if she was using 8 lb, I was using 5, for instance, to using the same weight as Jari, to using one increment above for everything but biceps (I went from 8s to 12s for the squat track, from 5s to 10s for triceps, etc.) That is the kind of thing I don't see when I'm just picking on a whim.

Although picking on a whim is definitely my natural mode and I enjoy it and I do it a lot. But yeah, I can commit to a system and stick to it when I want to because I've LEARNED that! Experiencing that feeling of being able to do something you couldn't do before, seeing quantifiable improvements, is sort of addictive.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 08:08 AM  
Just_Jo

I love the old FIRMS and have tried desperately to do the 90 day rotation many times. I think the longest I made it was five weeks. Just couldn't stick with it, others were calling my name.

I was beginning to believe I was rotationally challenged and that I could never do a rotation. Until...

I bought The Skogg System. We're (hubby is doing it with me) starting our 8th week on Monday! I will definitely be finishing this rotation--I know that for certain, I love it that much. It's strange because I love The FIRM, but Skogg just clicks with me.

So I think those of us who can't do a rotation haven't found the perfect rotation yet.

When we finish Skogg, I plan to continue Skogg work and also do Navy Seal Workouts. I just bought all the Scott Helvenston workouts and am previewing them now. They're tough yet simplistic, if that makes sense, and just what I want. I won't start Navy Seal workouts for another 60 days, though, as I'm doing The Skogg Challenge.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 08:18 AM  
AKatF

Well I typically don't stick to a rotation that long- as other things come out and I want to switch to that workout or I get bored. I made it to day 38 of HIP meta but then life got crazy busy and I had a hard time getting backon the bandwagon. With that said, I am on week two of a barre rotation I created with all my fluidity and TBM workouts and am already seeing great results. I think this is a keeper

TBM & TA

Last edited by AKatF; 09-25-11 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
AKatF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 10:00 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

If I commit myself to doing a rotation, then I finish the entire rotation. It doesn't matter if it's a rotation like P90X or CLX, or if it's one that I created.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 10:08 AM  
Vee

In all my years of working out, I have been at my fittest when following rotations. Which is not to say that every rotation is good. Sometimes, I may experiment with a rotation and discover it does not feel effective or right for me. No point going through then.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 10:24 AM  
smissy

I will be finishing the first rotation I've EVER stuck with tomorrow (Cathe's "official" intermediate rotation). Now granted, I've been very careful with the "D" aspect, but I've seen results, both in strength and inches lost. I need to quickly decide what rotation to follow next as now I see doing a rotation as a challenge. When I'm picking out the workouts I will lean toward the easier or more favored choice. This time I decided that Cathe is the expert and I'd follow her advice
smissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 11:50 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I'm good for 6-8 weeks but I do don't 90 day stuff. I used to be an ardent non-rotator; but what I've learned is that if you stick with a rotation for even a couple weeks, you start to SEE RESULTS. By that I mean, you can do more reps or use heavier weights or do more intervals or whatever. And I learned that those results are SO REWARDING. When I'm doing my own thing I'm not repeating the same workouts enough to see that. I'm maintaining fitness, but there's nothing like the high that comes from seeing actual results.

This summer I used Jari Love's original Get Ripped for about 8 weeks and I went from using one increment below Jari (if she was using 8 lb, I was using 5, for instance, to using the same weight as Jari, to using one increment above for everything but biceps (I went from 8s to 12s for the squat track, from 5s to 10s for triceps, etc.) That is the kind of thing I don't see when I'm just picking on a whim.

Although picking on a whim is definitely my natural mode and I enjoy it and I do it a lot. But yeah, I can commit to a system and stick to it when I want to because I've LEARNED that! Experiencing that feeling of being able to do something you couldn't do before, seeing quantifiable improvements, is sort of addictive.
I am with Susan. I only completed two 90 day rotations, both Firm rotations. Each was broken up into three month cycles emphasizing different things. My preferred length of rotations is about 6 weeks.
Old 09-25-11, 12:43 PM  
MARIKA

Yes! Once I start I always finish. If I purchase something it's usually well thought out. I can't see spending over $100.00 for something & not doing it. Plus it makes me feel like I've reached a goal. Sometimes it gets hard [like the last week of Insanity]
Old 09-25-11, 12:57 PM  
afirmrose

I try to but if it is a long one I usually end up getting a cold and am unable to finish.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 01:01 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
I love the old FIRMS and have tried desperately to do the 90 day rotation many times. I think the longest I made it was five weeks. Just couldn't stick with it, others were calling my name.

I was beginning to believe I was rotationally challenged and that I could never do a rotation. Until...

I bought The Skogg System. We're (hubby is doing it with me) starting our 8th week on Monday! I will definitely be finishing this rotation--I know that for certain, I love it that much. It's strange because I love The FIRM, but Skogg just clicks with me.

So I think those of us who can't do a rotation haven't found the perfect rotation yet.

When we finish Skogg, I plan to continue Skogg work and also do Navy Seal Workouts. I just bought all the Scott Helvenston workouts and am previewing them now. They're tough yet simplistic, if that makes sense, and just what I want. I won't start Navy Seal workouts for another 60 days, though, as I'm doing The Skogg Challenge.
What are the Navy Seal workouts? Are there any previews?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotations, systems