Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-11, 12:26 PM  
topfitmama

I NEED the set, just because it is a set!

Is that you?

I have yet to do a rotation as specified and I need variety to keep me going, so why is it that when I have a workout or two from a set, I feel the urge to get them all?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 12:29 PM  
bubbles76

Raises hand sheepishly....

Oh yea, this is me. I got STS last year, because I KNEW that I was going to do it 3 months after the baby was born. Well, little man is 16 months old, and I have YET to crack open the set.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 01:00 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh yea, this is me. I got STS last year, because I KNEW that I was going to do it 3 months after the baby was born. Well, little man is 16 months old, and I have YET to crack open the set.
I bought STS and began it but there was too much equipment changing and I had CLX and never finished that rotation either. I like to pick and choose and mix it up depending on mood so I will never be good at scheduled rotations. I do okay with a set if I can use the dvds individually. I am thinking RKS can be used as add-ons and individually, for example.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 02:02 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have a tendency to gravatite towards sets....I don't know why, I rarely finish them they way the rotation is designed. I have had several beachbody sets. The only one I have loved and will never get rid of is SI6/SS. I did do CLX completely through one time I just got Firm Express, and I actually think I will finish this. I am in the 3rd cycle. I think because I only have to do each workout once, it will be easy to finish this rotation. I just don't have the attention span for anything longer

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 02:10 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Not only do I like and purchase sets, but when I like an instructor I feel the need to get every workout they have released. I guess I take the notion of 'go big or go home' a bit too literally.

That said, I rarely do rotations. I've been doing individual weeks from systems/rotations and then moving on to something else. It's been a lot of fun and now I'm actually using more my workouts.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 02:37 PM  
kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Is that you?

I have yet to do a rotation as specified and I need variety to keep me going, so why is it that when I have a workout or two from a set, I feel the urge to get them all?
Are you talking about me? I'm the exact same way. My DH laughs at my exercise DVD collection.
kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 03:21 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Title of this thread says it all. Yep. Me. To a tee.
Old 08-08-11, 03:30 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Luckily, I'm immune. I've only gotten 2 or 3 sets, and have never liked all of them enough to keep them all, much less do a rotation. Guess I should consider myself lucky.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 03:35 PM  
upperwside

I get them all if they look good to me... but i do not use them as set. I did CTX and
P90X as is... and i did the Firm thin in 30 for a month but did 2 a day. I like the workouts in set.. but i cannot do them in a rotation of just the set.

Right now i am doing the Aero set.. but mixing it with some of his other stuff from before. Lots of fun...
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 03:41 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I have SI6 on VHS and have never gotten beyond day 2 of Ramp It Up! before I start screaming from boredom, yet I was in 7th heaven when I snagged the set on DVD at Half Price Books last week for $3. All those "SI6/SS is the best thing ever" threads really caught my attention and I lusted after this set for years!

That said, I do like Slim & Limber and it's well worth $3 to me to have it on DVD instead of VHS.

That's my only set. Wanting every workout made by my favorite instructors isn't a set, it's....something else. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
systems