Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-11, 11:15 AM  
runnergirl

Are you tempted by "systems"?

I have to admit even though I rarely use them as they are written I am tempted whenever I see a new system introduced. With all the new systems coming out lately I was wondering if any of you are interested in them? I am currently wishing for Skogg, Rip:60, Peak 10, Asylum and Rushfit. Of course I can't afford all of them! What are your thoughts on these or any of the others out there?
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:43 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Systems generally don't tempt me because I get easily bored by doing so many similar workouts in a rotation. Beachbody used to allow purchases of individual workouts within a system - that way you could pick exactly what you want.

But if you're happy sticking to a rotation they can actually provide decent value and results.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:46 AM  
Cassy

I'm currently interested in Rip 60 and Asylum but I'm not caving yet. I've been using TF and CLX lately and have been very much enjoying those. I like the fact you can mix and match workouts but I don't like following rotations. I also have Insanity on it's way.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:47 AM  
adrien_73

I admit...I fall on a lot of the 'system' bandwagons. Problem is, I am a very random exerciser, in the sense that I just do what I feel like doing on a particular day and like to mix things up a lot. Now that I have some overuse injuries I also have to adjust my workouts to how I feel on a given day.

That being said...I do own

P90 Masters
P90 X
RevAbs
Insanity
Asylum
SiS
SiS (new version)
SS
Skogg
RushFit
STS
STS cardio
4-day Split (Cathe)

...and I'm sure there are some others! Truth be told, I rarely use ANY of them. (Except for Slim in 6-pack from the old and new SiS)

So obviously the CONCEPT of a system is very appealing, but not very realistic given my workout habits!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:52 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I haven't bought a lot of them, but of the ones I have bought only two have been used the 'right' way. P90X, and Slim Series.

I have:
P90 Masters
Turbo Fire, plus the extras
BBL, plus extras
S90
and have only done a few of the dvds at all from the bottom 3 sets. there may be more around here, but that's all I can think of now. Unless Eoin Finn's Blissology counts - because I sure haven't done that the way he planned it, either

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:52 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think rotations are nice--you don't have to think and they are balanced workout regimes. I go through seasons that I like those "systems". I think if a person knows what kinds of workouts they prefer and are more likely to use, the BB or similar workout packages are a good value.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:54 AM  
bubbles76

Yep . It's hard for me to conceive of working out without some type of system or rotation.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 11:57 AM  
KellyMarie65

I don't do well with systems etiher. I have STS (too much equipment changing), Chalean Extreme (never got past the first part). I like change and I like certain types of workouts I guess and I like to switch it up all the time.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 12:05 PM  
Nairobinicole

I wouldn't be a vidiot if I weren't tempted by systems. Lol. My only saving grace is that I have more cheap genes than vidiot genes and the price of most systems is enough to cool my jets long enough for reason (or for me to remember the fact that I don't like fixed rotations too well)to set in.

I thought about STS for a long time before I bought it and when I did it was because the price came down to what I thought was reasonable during the customer appreciation sale. I am also waiting for Zumba Exhilaration to come QVC.

The bottom line for me is price. If systems on avgerage cost what S90 does, I would have them all.
Nairobinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 12:06 PM  
counterclockwise

Although I don't follow them to the letter, I love systems, or plans. I feel much more balanced when I work from a system, because I am not good at picking from random workouts and still making sure I'm still balanced through the week.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, p90x, rotations, systems