Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-21, 04:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone - it's an absolutely gorgeous Sunday here! The sky is pure blue, no clouds, and it's in the low 70s! I had a perfect few hours browsing at a local outdoor festival, where I pet the alpacas and goats, ate a blueberry pie bar, bought a bottle of wine, and picked up a few other little things too. Also had a great last outdoor Mind-Body-Brew class yesterday, with 13 attending despite the threat of rain and then the sun shining just as we came out of shavasana!

I had a few pretty light days this week but I still managed to do something every day.

Monday
30MTF Build & Burn - Kickbox Kettlebell Fusion
Ekhart 7 Daily Yoga Practices - Yin Yoga for Lower Back Health

Tuesday
HDM (YT) - Classic Arms & Shoulders
TAUGHT yoga at studio

Wednesday
Jessica Valent Pilates (YT) - 10m Core Workout
30MTF Your Best Body - Workout #2 (did kettlebells during core rests)
Anita Goa (YT) - Upper Body Foam Roller

Thursday
Yoga with Olga (YT) - Short Workout for Biking
Body Barre (YT) - Lower Body Barre with Ally
Belinda Yan (YT) - Weighted Glutes with Kettlebell
Live Zoom yoga class - Midday Stretch & Balance

Friday
TAUGHT yoga at college
Kimberly Spreen-Glick (YT) - Core Cuts Med Ball #2
Heather Robertson (YT) - At Home Arm Toning with Weights
Fit30 (YT) - Kate McKenzie Pilates for Lower Back Pain

Saturday
TAUGHT Mind-Body-Brew yoga class
HDM (YT) - Armatics Taster

Sunday
100 KB swings
Empower Swing Yourself Fit (new, all)*

This was one of the DVD I bought this past week. Gin Miller uses an adjustable KB that goes up to 8# at its highest weight, so that didn't really work with my 8kg and 12kg kettlebells! However, I found that if I altered between using a 10# DB and my KBs, I got a good strength workout. I don't think I'm even going to try the BOSU workout I bought though. For one thing, it looks super-dated and cheesy, and for another, I don't think the surface of my Firm Balance Trainer is large enough for the kinds of things they do on the BOSU. Oh well, I'm only out $1 there.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 05:00 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went for a neighborhood walk today.

Beth, we are having a gorgeous day here too. It's 73 degrees and sunny. It will range from 72 to 76 here the rest of the week with everyday being sunny and that is fine with me.
That outdoor festival you went to sounds like a lot of fun!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 05:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, it's called the Purple Painted Lady Festival, and I first attended 2 years ago. My friend Tracy who wrote a book sells her book at local festivals, and I went to see her. It was such a nice day then that I thought today might be disappointing in comparison, but it was another perfect day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 10:07 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Very pretty weather here today as well -- air clear and fresh, with highs in the 70s. I enjoyed a one-hour walk this morning.

No workout Friday as it is my rest day, and I somehow didn't get around to a workout on Saturday either.

Today's Workout: Upper Body Strength from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Yogapam: Hope your area got a nice soaky rain. We were hoping that same system would bring us rain here, but it didn't quite make it.

Margot: There's definitely lots of wild turkeys where I live in California! They get *huge* and when there's a big flock of them it can be a little intimidating. They are fun to watch, though. In my head I love a big garden, but realistically my large patio is all the outdoor space I can comfortably manage.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 12:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s Strength Interval Walk from her 30 Day set
~PT exercises & I added on 3 sets of 10 pelvic drops
~MELT: pelvic, spine, hip focus….followed by gentle yin stretches on my own.

Beth - Sounds like you had a lovely weekend!

Sandra - Yes we got a good solid rainfall & we welcomed it! Some areas got too much of a good thing & had some minor flooding, but we were fine here. Hopefully you’ll get some rain soon!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 05:27 AM  
Twigs

Good morning everyone!

The weather was pretty nice here this weekend too, although we did get a few showers late in the afternoon.

Saturday's workouts:
- Karen Voight & Elle McPherson's Body Workout. This was a blast from the past. I did a few of the segments ~ 30 mins. I liked Karen's seated upper body work the best.
- Body Groove Groovy Booty #1
-HealthBarre Quick Tips Butt & Thighs & 10 minute Ab Flow

Sunday was:
- John Garey Standing Pilates Mat Workout and Standing Pilates with Resistance Band
- Bellyfit Blossom & Glow Easy-going and relaxing
- Katy Bowman Stabilising your Step Up on the Bosu (9 min)

This morning:
- HealthBarre Zoom class
- Kendra Fitzgerald Strengthen Upper Back & Improve Your Posture. I found this really great for isolating the upper back muscles. It felt effective, even though we weren't using weights.

Pam - Glad you weren't affected by the flooding. I think our climate is similar to yours, except we haven't had a shortage of rainfall this summer like you have had.

Sandra - I can imagine how intimidating the turkeys would be when there are a lot of them. I feel the same way about geese. They can be quite aggressive. Fun to watch though from a distance! I dream of a patio or very small garden. DH and I have put in around 20 hours a week between us every couple of weeks or so since March. I love the veggie and herb gardens but I wouldn't mind the rest of it being just left to nature.

Beth - I love outdoor festivals. It sounds as though you had the perfect day. I've never heard of a blueberry pie bar but I'm sure I'd like it.

Cyana - I guess you must be snowed under, as I didn't see you post this weekend. ((Hugs)). Hope this week isn't so busy.

A big wave to Paine, Pat, Garrie, Carolyn and Karen Jo.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

GRRRRR I wrote out a big long post with my weekend workouts and responding to everyone and got the 500 internal server error!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Saturday:
~ Lee Holden Qigong for Digestion
~ Kassandra 5 Minute Morning Affirmations Meditation~ Pre-walk PT, stretch and 20 butt bridges
~ One mile walk at river boardwalk
~ One mile hike at osprey trail
~ GYM for 15/10 recumbent bike and arc trainer; 50 steps ups
~ 9,750 steps for the day

Sunday:
~ GYM for 15 recumbent bike, incline chest presses, high rows, leg presses, calf raises, 50 step ups and some barre-ish plie stuff on the step
~ Walk around the neighborhood
~ OBE Bed Time Stretch
~ 7,375 steps for day

Pam, I'll report back if I spring for the chair yoga routine. The thought of Sadie Nardini leading something doable for me is very tempting.

Margot, thank you for sharing those links. I've been looking for a short standing Pilates routine on YT. I also like the looks of the Kendra Fitzgerald upper back one.

I had written nice personals to everyone and am just too aggravated to try recreating it all.

Have a great day!
Old 09-20-21, 09:58 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Give Me Strength (full Strength workout)
Calves (heel lifts)
Essentrics

Beth, how nice that you went to the Festival to see your friend. Her book sounds spooky!

Sandra, Margot, Beth and Pat, I have never seen a wild turkey in Southern California! Are wild turkeys ever aggressive and will they attack you? I agree that geese can be aggressive. Swans can be aggressive too.

Pat, I hate that 500 internal server error! That is so frustrating.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Paine, wild turkeys can be aggressive. They can get freaked out, run at you and peck. One of my grandnieces was on a soccer team. The turkeys that owned the woods on one side of the field would come running out on defensive whenever the girls got close to the trees. We had a celebrity turkey in another town that had to be removed by the DEEP. When his hormones kicked in, seeing his reflection in a car caused him to chase and attack vehicles.