Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-21, 08:58 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 8 Back + Bicep - 37 min

I liked how this was more back than bis. And how she superset the 2 at the end.
Old 09-16-21, 09:08 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I liked how this was more back than bis. .
I like this about many of her workouts too. I hate spending a lot of time on biceps.

Kaleigh spin today and Epic III chest/shoulders/triceps. CST was really tough. I'm scheduled for foot surgery in six weeks and am kind of wondering why I'm working so hard to build strength/muscle when it's all going to be lost anyway. I feel like I should at least maintain until then but it seems pointless to try to build. Very long recovery time - longest I've ever had and I've had a lot of surgeries. I burst into tears when DH said he really thinks I should schedule the surgery. I'm going to lose all of my muscle.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 07:02 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Heat Day 9 Conditioned Calisthenics FB

I like Caroline's calisthenics workouts. Tough and interesting but doable. And yes, I modified - elevated pushups (not declined), from knees on the floor with push backs, and ab work I short the levers of arms and legs.

Erica you have got to reframe your narrative. There is always something you can do even if it's not your first (second or third...) choice. You can only do what you can do. Find a challenge. Work on pull ups? Maybe something like yin or restorative yoga can give you some stress management. Try some things you've never tried - Essentrics? Only you have some of these answers, I'm just trying to present some questions. The purpose of the surgery is to make you stronger and able to do more in the long term. Focus on that. Repeat it like a mantra. The rest you can figure out.
Old 09-17-21, 07:36 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
EPIC

Erica you have got to reframe your narrative. There is always something you can do even if it's not your first (second or third...) choice. You can only do what you can do. Find a challenge. Work on pull ups? Maybe something like yin or restorative yoga can give you some stress management. Try some things you've never tried - Essentrics? Only you have some of these answers, I'm just trying to present some questions. The purpose of the surgery is to make you stronger and able to do more in the long term. Focus on that. Repeat it like a mantra. The rest you can figure out.
I will be non weightbearing for a very long time so I can't even get to my pull up bar (it's in the basement). Everything has to be seated and for the first several weeks, with my foot elevated. I have been good about accepting giving up running, but this level of being sedentary is hard to deal with. I've had several surgeries in the past year, but have always been able to at least walk and then get back to activity gradually at 6 weeks. I've never experienced anything like this. I have resistance bands so can do some upper body work seated and I have a playlist of seated workouts that I'll have to go through.

Kaleigh spin and Epic III leg complexes today (I did this earlier in the week).

Erica
Old 09-18-21, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

Erica - There has to be a bright side here. I'm going to keep thinking. Caroline Jordan is definitely a good place to look.

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 10 DB FB HIIT - 33 min
This really got my heart rate up. I was still sweating after she completed her stretch - and I was still walking around!
Old 09-18-21, 08:20 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica - There has to be a bright side here. I'm going to keep thinking. Caroline Jordan is definitely a good place to look.

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 10 DB FB HIIT - 33 min
This really got my heart rate up. I was still sweating after she completed her stretch - and I was still walking around!
Caroline's HIIT are tough. She is really in amazing shape. I am in awe of her.

I do subscribe to Caroline Jordan and have her ready for recovery (if I go through with the surgery - keep going back and forth about it).

Kaleigh spin this morning and Sydney's strong arms and abs workout that she posted this morning. It was back/biceps/abs. I liked it but don't think I'll do it again. With so many amazing workouts to choose from I've found that I've gotten a lot more picky.

Erica
Old 09-19-21, 08:43 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 11 Glutes & Hamstrings - 39min

Oh my. I used 30lbx1 and 20lbsx2. For the sumo squats to DL I used one 20lb. I thought my 30 was a 25 or I would have probably lowered that.
Old 09-19-21, 08:56 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
I thought my 30 was a 25 or I would have probably lowered that.
LOL

Kaleigh spin and Sydney's Strong Legs that she posted a couple of days ago. It was okay. Once again, I thought it was good but not one I'll do again when I like so many of hers better than this one. How lucky we are too have so many choices!

Erica
Old 09-19-21, 09:00 AM  
buffmama

Erica - Do you notice any difference between Strong and Sydney's other heavy lifting programs?
Old 09-19-21, 09:24 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica - Do you notice any difference between Strong and Sydney's other heavy lifting programs?
I don't know...I get everything mixed up. I've only done a few from Strong so far and haven't clicked with any of them. I really like Fit and Strong - that's my favorite of her actual programs, although there are specific workouts I like from all of them. I was really excited about Strong so it's been disappointing for me to not like the workouts much so far.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle