Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-21, 11:41 PM  
JENILU

Reading all this made the tears flow. Bless y'all. I love being part of such a loving place. Thankyou!!

Bunnyhop. I considered CS, but the thought of her long reaches scare me to death right now. i am doing a little light weights and band work right now along with walking, and she increased my allowed weight limit. I tried that yoga I said I'd found today and its similar to a PT after Csection video I did several years ago. Trying to lie down with pelvic tilts and some knee bends, etc.. til week 3, which i didn't realize, I am ending my 2nd week soon, goodness its all been so fast.

Love y'all and bless y'all xoxoxoxo

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 12:23 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
i am doing a little light weights and band work right now along with walking, and she increased my allowed weight limit.
Was your surgery open or laparoscopic? I've had two open abdominal surgeries recently and didn't start light weights until after 6 weeks. I think I did barre type exercises at first, then moved to light weight/high rep for a few weeks and then gradually increased weights. I used this as a guide for cardio (I had two bowel resections): https://4afsfit.com/exercising-after...ect-your-guts/

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 12:42 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Was your surgery open or laparoscopic? I've had two open abdominal surgeries recently and didn't start light weights until after 6 weeks. I think I did barre type exercises at first, then moved to light weight/high rep for a few weeks and then gradually increased weights. I used this as a guide for cardio (I had two bowel resections): https://4afsfit.com/exercising-after...ect-your-guts/

Erica
Hi! It was laparascopic. I don't know why I've been healing faster than the videos on these surgeries that I watched, but she gave me the ok to lift today. Everything has gone so smoothly that I know it was God. I did have an adrenal crisis during the surgery (had to put the Addison's or Dysautonomia diagnosis on hold for now), and BP just wanted to quit, but she was prepared with steroids since I'd warned her ahead. I had read before about it happening but wasn't sure. That kept me in surgery and recovery for 7 hours (once they gave me enough to get BP stable, they couldn't get blood sugars down which is just a side effect for me). That is the only problem I have really had the whole time so far. - and catching myself doing things I shouldn't just because I am not thinking.
(i did the yoga on a bed. When I am comfortable getting on the floor more, maybe I could try some gentler ballet beautiful sections. Just can't find my original 2 and the pregnancy one that was gentle that I loved, is cracked and I can't get another, but of what I can find, I probably have some gentle. I don't own a lot of barre.)
PS: I wear a brace that came highly recoemmended on videos I watched and I do think somehow that is helping the healing and pain level as well)

Should I even ask what all you had going on? That sounds awful to have to go thru.Good gracious I am so sorry. Bless you!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 01:41 AM  
Demeris

This is wonderful news, and I rejoice with you in your regained health. May God bless you with great health going forward.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 04:17 AM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=JENILU;2940553 I can't get another, but of what I can find, I probably have some gentle. I don't own a lot of barre.)
PS: I wear a brace that came highly recoemmended on videos I watched and I do think somehow that is helping the healing and pain level as well)

Should I even ask what all you had going on? That sounds awful to have to go thru.Good gracious I am so sorry. Bless you![/QUOTE]

There's a lot of barre available on youtube. I was also able to get Ballet Beautiful from our library - I don't know if that's an option for you.

I've had a lot of intestinal obstructions. I'm okay and am grateful to be here.

Glad you are recovering so well and feeling so positive!!!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 08:26 AM  
buffmama

Glad you're feeling better and healing. Always happy to read positive stories. If you like pilates Jessica Valant has a post hysterectomy video about expectations.
Old 09-11-21, 08:39 AM  
sherry7899

I am so very happy to read this. Please let me know if you need anything.

Hugs,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 11:01 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
... Bunnyhop. I considered CS, but the thought of her long reaches scare me to death right now. i am doing a little light weights and band work right now along with walking, and she increased my allowed weight limit. ...
I know what you mean about CS, but I guess since I always modify I didn't mention it. Have you seen some of the Aging Backwards dvds, and the times she talks about how to work within the limits of your own range. If a particular position is too intense, back it off some, make the move or your range of motion smaller, and move more slowly if a quick pace is too much.

My dvd player has a speed adjustment thing where you can slow it down, that's really handy on the ones where it seems she's just flying along.

Sounds like you're making great choices, though. Just take care of yourself.

I kept working too hard, then backing off completely. Ugh. Gentler, slower, more consistent workouts are where it's at for me, always within the limits of my range of motion and discomfort.
Old 09-11-21, 05:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Thank you so much for sharing a little of your journey. You've been through so much! Prayers for continued healing.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 05:48 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Happy for you! Early detection is the key. Continued recovery.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hysterectomy