Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-21, 06:28 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Does anyone do Cathe spin digital downloads?

Hi everyone, I have been repeating the same 4 spin DVDs that Cathe has created and love them all , but I am desperate for more variety. I'm keen to buy some digital downloads of her other spin workouts. Very keen to hear your favourites in terms of most challenging and fun music 🙂. Thank you
Old 09-04-21, 09:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

kirsty,

I plan on trying some of the Cathe Live spin workouts on my next visit to the gym after Labor Day. I'll report back after I've done one!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 11:54 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

That would be awesome. Thanks cataddict 😃
Old 09-08-21, 08:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Reporting back as promised. Today I did Cathe Live #206 Cycle Mania. It's 43 minutes long and I wanted to start with one that wasn't too long since I haven't done any of Cathe's cycle workouts. It was tough for me, partly because it was tricky for me to figure out what setting on the bike I should use to corresponded to what Cathe was using and partly because the gym isn't cool enough for my liking, and partly because I am not an experienced cyclist/spinner. The music had a beat to it, and Cathe mostly followed the tempo but not always. That didn't bother me. I didn't recognize any songs and didn't hear any lyrics, so it really was background. I'm not sure of the format of her other cycle workouts, but this one started with a warmup as usual, followed by a gradual hill climb and descent. She also included a steeper climb with a steeper hill and descent. She alternated sitting and rising from the seat in a series of "drills." The finisher was two four-round sets of "tabatas", with 20 seconds "going all out" and 10 seconds rest. There was a brief cooldown on the bike followed by some stretching off the bike. She also inserted some "posture stretches" for the shoulders and chest periodically during the ride which I appreciated.

So, what did I think? I liked it, the music was as fun as instrumental music can be (no pina colada or buttercup ), but it suited the workouts. It challenged me, and I know it can be more challenging by adjusting the tension. I don't have a basis of comparison to anything else yet, so I don't know that I've helped you make any decision? Are there any of the Live cycles in particular that you would like me to try and report back?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 07:27 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i used to do Cathe Spinning but have switched over to Studio Sweat On Demand and i'm loving it. i enjoy doing their workouts more because of the music. i signed up while they are having a sale for $10 a month.

you can buy individual classes so if you want to check them out you can do the 3 month membership for $30 than you can buy the classes you like if you don't like to pay for streaming.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 11:51 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Reporting back as promised. Today I did Cathe Live #206 Cycle Mania. It's 43 minutes long and I wanted to start with one that wasn't too long since I haven't done any of Cathe's cycle workouts. It was tough for me, partly because it was tricky for me to figure out what setting on the bike I should use to corresponded to what Cathe was using and partly because the gym isn't cool enough for my liking, and partly because I am not an experienced cyclist/spinner. The music had a beat to it, and Cathe mostly followed the tempo but not always. That didn't bother me. I didn't recognize any songs and didn't hear any lyrics, so it really was background. I'm not sure of the format of her other cycle workouts, but this one started with a warmup as usual, followed by a gradual hill climb and descent. She also included a steeper climb with a steeper hill and descent. She alternated sitting and rising from the seat in a series of "drills." The finisher was two four-round sets of "tabatas", with 20 seconds "going all out" and 10 seconds rest. There was a brief cooldown on the bike followed by some stretching off the bike. She also inserted some "posture stretches" for the shoulders and chest periodically during the ride which I appreciated.

So, what did I think? I liked it, the music was as fun as instrumental music can be (no pina colada or buttercup ), but it suited the workouts. It challenged me, and I know it can be more challenging by adjusting the tension. I don't have a basis of comparison to anything else yet, so I don't know that I've helped you make any decision? Are there any of the Live cycles in particular that you would like me to try and report back?
Thank your so much for your detailed review. The price of the downloads is pretty reasonable really and your review convinced me that I should just bite the bullet and purchase them. I’m now the owner of all of Cathe’s cycle workouts. 😂😃

I’m working back from her most recent and so far have done two. The latest one I liked slightly less as it was just Cathe and me. But the second one I really liked as it was the whole class. It was cool to see such diversity of ages and sizes too.
Old 09-10-21, 11:52 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
i used to do Cathe Spinning but have switched over to Studio Sweat On Demand and i'm loving it. i enjoy doing their workouts more because of the music. i signed up while they are having a sale for $10 a month.

you can buy individual classes so if you want to check them out you can do the 3 month membership for $30 than you can buy the classes you like if you don't like to pay for streaming.
Ooh these sound good also! Thank you, I will check them out! 😃

Tags
cathe, cathe live, cathe spin