Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-21, 02:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I haven't been on FaceBook for about two weeks.

I haven't lost any weight but I feel 100 pounds lighter!

LOL I like that! I rarely post (wish happy birthday/anniversary) but I do scan the posts daily. Very little interests me and I have a bunch of people snoozed since a) they post 1,000,000 pictures of each and every thing their kids do and describe every minutia of life ad nauseum, b) they share unverified crap, not just political but the dumb stories that periodically make the rounds on the internet that aren't true, c) they share allegedly deep insightful posts by some random person as if the thoughts are new discoveries, whilst ignoring the thoughts of RL friends and families who have said the same things to deaf ears, d) political slams against one side or the other.

So my feed is pretty quiet after banishing "offenders" to CatSnooze purgatory. Frankly, I don't get why people even post political things anyway. What's the intention? You don't change anyone's mind via a Facebook post, and honestly does anyone really care about what your political leanings are? I guess I see those kind of posts belonging in a Facebook group of some sort, not the "regular" feed. It's puzzling to me.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 04:36 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
LOL if only it were that simple. There are a few family members who do this consistently. I just snooze them rather than potentially create a rift by unfriending them.
I've unfriended half my family. It's just not worth the aggravation. I am not confrontational at all, but I'm not shy about letting them know why if asked about it. The only exempt ones are my brother and sisters, who are of a different political view than I am, but I always comment if they post something stupid so they tend not to LOL.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 04:59 PM  
Gams

I’ve unfriended quite a few. Some over political posts and some for their annoying daily selfies - not of them with their kids or in front of a historical monument, just their face...every...single...day...And I had to get rid of my cousin because all his posts are geared to get a rise out of people but he won’t tell them. What’s going on. He posted one time saying goodbye to everyone and saying how sad he was. Everyone jumps in of course, begging him not to harm himself, but it was just to get a rise out of people. It’s always some dramatic crap that’s all made up.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 07:42 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve unfriended quite a few. Some over political posts and some for their annoying daily selfies - not of them with their kids or in front of a historical monument, just their face...every...single...day...And I had to get rid of my cousin because all his posts are geared to get a rise out of people but he won’t tell them. What’s going on. He posted one time saying goodbye to everyone and saying how sad he was. Everyone jumps in of course, begging him not to harm himself, but it was just to get a rise out of people. It’s always some dramatic crap that’s all made up.
Don't you just hate all those cryptic silent "I'm going through a bad time but I'm not gonna tell yall what it is" posts? Why post? They are all for attention.

I took a two week break from Facebook back in January. I wanted to do a fast and decided instead of not eating I'll not do Facebook. I was off and didn't miss it. But when I got back on I was like a kid in a candy store.......ohmygosh I missed all of this! There are a lot of things I don't like about it but if I didn't have an account and check it often I wouldn't know whats going on with some of my friends and family.
Old 08-22-21, 07:53 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Frankly, I don't get why people even post political things anyway. What's the intention? You don't change anyone's mind via a Facebook post, and honestly does anyone really care about what your political leanings are? I guess I see those kind of posts belonging in a Facebook group of some sort, not the "regular" feed. It's puzzling to me.
I agree with this and I think people want validation and when they get "likes" it makes them feel good. I feel the same way about political signs in people's yards. That sign isn't going to influence someone's vote. There are a few folks in my neighborhood that still have signs from last year's presidential election. Is there really a point to that? What could it possibly be?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 08:31 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

For all the reasons stated throughout the this thread, I unfollow xs daughter . I unfriendly the political and I unfollow some exercise groups like “women over 50”. Good gravy. Not interested in fake before and after photos or photos of your sweaty face. Nope. Not happening. Lol. Just cleaned out my so called friends list two days ago.

Okay he ones who are are left don’t post. Lol.

The rain cracked me up about people posting their children’s life. I very day saying isn’t she beautiful? You don’t want me to say no then I’m bullying.

Wah-wah-wah. In Charlie Brown sound.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, social media