Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-16, 11:20 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I totally agree. I have new neighbors (6 months or so) next to us who we rarely see because we keep different hours (work etc). Couple of days ago, my DH and I happened to be getting into our car while the young woman pulled into her driveway that's fairly close to us. She saw us, and rather than just nod and get out of her car, she sat there motionless with her head turned the other way until we pulled away. No, she was not looking at her phone, she just deliberately seemed to be avoiding acknowledging us in any way. Her husband is the same way. This was so awkward and strange to us. We are private people who keep to ourselves, but even we will nod and acknowledge our neighbors. Very weird.
I begin to think it's all the "social media" that's making us lose our social skills.
Usia, exactly our situation! We have a couple new neighbors and the one couple acts just like you described, and it is strange and awkward; the other neighbors do a very casual wave while burying their heads in a iphone, ipad or whatever it is, they don't even look up.
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data mining, fitbit, id theft, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, privacy, social media, tracking