Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-13, 09:37 AM  
carres1973

I was at Target over the weekend and saw a walking DVD set with, I think, three different workouts on it but the same instructor (female, blonde hair...). I cannot remember the name of the DVD and didn't buy it, since I am REALLY trying to cut down. Does anyone know which set I am talking about?

Thanks,
Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 10:25 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
This doesn't count as outdoors, but I like how the daylight coming through the windows in some of KCM's workouts changes as the day progresses. I think it's dark outside for some of them. I also like the outdoor activity going on in the original Atletica. It just looks like a blustery October day.
It may not be outdoors per se, but workouts incorporating big windows with a genuine outside view just fall into the outdoor category in my book. But they have to be real, like KCM's, Ilaria's, and Jessica's YouTube segments. The fake windows The Firm and Cathe use do *not* count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
I was at Target over the weekend and saw a walking DVD set with, I think, three different workouts on it but the same instructor (female, blonde hair...). I cannot remember the name of the DVD and didn't buy it, since I am REALLY trying to cut down. Does anyone know which set I am talking about?
Yes, I think this is the set discussed here a while ago. See these threads:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...target+walking
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=tamilee+webb

ETA - I've decided to completely shelve or get rid of my indoor-based workouts (with a couple of exceptions) and concentrate on the great outdoors. Very happy with that decision!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 12:39 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
While I was really bummed that Fit TV folded, I am so glad I have a few episodes of Namaste Yoga taped. All those backdrops are gorgeous and makes me want to especially visit Vancouver. In fact, I think the scenic backdrops are like 80% of the reason I was so obsessed with that program, especially considering I am not in yoga otherwise.
OMG I used to just sit late at night and watch those episodes - also loved the exotic sets of Shimmy.

I remember Gilad's old TV workout where he and two men are exercising right on the edge of a cliff! I was so worried one of them would fall backward! That was a goofy episode with a skydiving plane flying around in the background.

There is also that Karen Voight workout where she and a famous model literally cavort in a meadow.

You know, this doesn't really count, but in Slim Series I often found myself looking out the big window into the "garden" which seemed like a very pretty but artificial set-up. Also, Petra has an old Reebok hi-lo workout where a big projection screen kept showing new-agey panoramic shots of scenery. Same with Cindy Crawford's Shape Your Body.

Tags
animals in background, beach workouts, outdoor workouts, walking on sunshine, workout sets