Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-11, 09:27 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
Try Element: Yoga for Stress Relief and Flexibility by Ashley Turner. Filmed outdoors in a garden with lots of background flowering bushes and trees, lovely setting!

There are two segments -- one is more about stress, and the other is more about stretching (as you'd guess from the title!).
I was sure I didn't need any more yoga DVDs and then I saw your post and watched the video clip at Mary's. I wish it didn't look as good as it does!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 10:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Spotted, the Ashley Turner DVD does have two very nice practices, but if it's any help in the disenabling department, the stress one has awful music. I didn't notice it the first two times but for some reason the third time the music really aggravated me. It's techno, weird and not yoga appropriate in my mind, especially for a stress release practice.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 08:38 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Spotted, the Ashley Turner DVD does have two very nice practices, but if it's any help in the disenabling department, the stress one has awful music. I didn't notice it the first two times but for some reason the third time the music really aggravated me. It's techno, weird and not yoga appropriate in my mind, especially for a stress release practice.
Thank you Pat, that is a big help!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 08:59 PM  
Orlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I agree. Horrid. I bought it & regretted it immediately upon doing the Stress practice. Haven't tried the 2nd practice, though.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 09:29 PM  
evenstar

The Namaste series is visually stunning; just a pleasure to work out with:

http://www.amazon.com/NAMASTE-ULTIMA...1538552&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/NAMASTE-ULTIMA...1538552&sr=1-2
Old 03-30-11, 10:08 PM  
carres1973

I also enjoyed Tracey Staehle's Yoga Workout. It is filmed outside. The backdrop is beautiful fallish colored leaves. Gorgeous!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 07:30 AM  
sherry7899

How could I not mention Namaste yoga! Thanks, evenstar!

Tracey Staehle's yoga dvd has a really nice setting, but I had trouble with the sound on that dvd. Sometimes her voice would be muffled and I had to turn the volume up really loud to hear her. It got kind of annoying. It's a shame, because I loved the idea of all those shorter segments.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor settings, yoga