Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-19, 08:55 PM  
daisyduke

Favorite rotation? Most effective rotation? Worst rotation?

I love talking about different rotations so I thought it would be interesting to answer a few of these questions:
Favorite rotation:
Most effective rotation:
Worst:
Least effective:

I’ll go first
Favorite: I have enjoyed a lot of rotations. I always enjoy yoga the most.
Most effective: For building muscle I would say body beast but I got huge and did not like the look. For slimming down I would say running or yoga.
Worst: insanity... hated every minute and no results
Least effective: hmmm I feel like some rotations were Effective first time through but then not again — Tracy Anderson and slim series specifically.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 09:01 PM  
bubbles76

This is a thinker! Will have to get back to you
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 05:32 AM  
PhyllisG

Firm 90 Day FeFit. TA Meta Omni. Cathe STS for strength. BB 21 Day with container portion control. Yoga always. Probably forgetting something but these come to mind first. The worst was CLX..did it finished it and hated it. Awkward with weight I often thought was inappropriate for the exercise
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 07:49 AM  
deineira

This is a great question! I look forward to reading the other responses. For me, it's...
Favorite rotation: STS - loved seeing the progress I made and how strong I got. I was so impressed with my own body's capabilities!

Most effective rotation: STS - for putting on muscle, but I got huge and this was not my goal. Most effective for slimming down lower half, which is always my objective, was Cathe's LIS rotation.

Worst: Unfortunately it's the Hamelin MELT series. I LOVE Hamelin, but I hate these workouts so much.

Least effective: Maybe the Peak rotation. I liked the workouts, I love Michelle, but I didn't really get any results here. I even followed the meal plan.

I'd like to add to thread, and share rotation I'd like to try next:
bodyweight/yoga only - I've never done a rotation focused on these and I think I'll try this year and see what happens.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 10:28 AM  
prettyinpink

Most effective for me depends on what I’m looking for and what sort of condition I started out in. I also guess you mean rotations as laid out by someone else, like a system. What I enjoy most is making up my own, and in that case favorite and most effective is a combination of barre, heavier weights, and Pilates, with short HIIT or interval workouts thrown in here and there.

For me, favorites have been the Ballet Body Periodization systems. I also enjoyed Cathe Ripped With HIIT

Most effective: I got so much stronger doing STS, and I didn’t even finish it. I didn’t enjoy it much after Meso 1, though. Edge Booty 2 is super effective for the lower body.
Ripped With HIIT also effective. Insanity increased cardio capacity for me when I did it eons ago.

Worst: Tonique. So there’s no Tonique program or official rotation, but when I tried to do one I burned out fast and developed such a dread. Also hated Insanity before I was finished.

Just okay rotation but kept me working out at the time: 21DayFix and 21DayFix Extreme, Piyo, Zumba
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 10:31 AM  
Taiga

Favorite rotation: I have loved so many!!! My first rotations of STS, P90X, Rushfit were so fun and I had good results to add to the fun.

Most effective rotation: STS, Rushfit Looked and felt my best after these rotations

Worst: APY60 (Kurt Johnsen) --went out of my way to get this set and ended up hating it because the instructor was relentlessly "preachy",
Xfowsion (Eric Paskel)--lot of VF Buzz and then the instructor was so corny I felt like I was in an SNL skit. Blood type workout Kit---I never notice music and yet the music in this set was so irritating I couldn't concentrate on the mediocre workouts. Shimmy- Apparently I will never be a belly dancer. On the bright side, I traded this expensive bomb for Body Beast so it ended well. Dream Body--not the truly worst but if they had slowed down/talked less relentlessly, these workouts had some true potential. I don't pull them out as much because I have to turn them down/modify the speed so much.

Least effective: Anything focused on cardio---esp prolonged or intense. I learned that early on so didn't waste too much time on this.

Essentrics--esp with Miranda. Pulled muscles on top of irritating instruction and yet so many Vfers reported good results. I tried so many different Essentric sets to no avail. I can say that my last attempt (Stretch Series Volume 1) was the best instructed and did not injure me so that's a start. I just don't enjoy the movements enough to do them regularly.
Old 01-09-19, 12:32 PM  
cjh
VF Supporter

Cathe workout

What is Cathe 'STS'?
cjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 12:43 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh View Post
What is Cathe 'STS'?
Shock Training System

Good general summary

summary with clips/rotation
Old 01-09-19, 12:51 PM  
Sharaz

Using workout DVDs

Favorite rotation:
3 High Intensity/Volume Lower Body / 2 Low Intensity Upper Body which is the EBE2 rotation set up. I have many workout DVDs that I use for this type of rotation. However, The EBE2 original rotation is the most intense and effective. I just LOVE working Legs!!!!

Most effective rotation:

Muscle/Pump/Lean:
My 2017 Hard Body Rotation http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221218This is my most advanced rotation yet. Muscles are worked back to back using difference methods. This rotation is my most recent “best shape of my life” LOL Sooner or later I want to follow the plan again with some new workouts here and there.

Fat Loss Focus:
3 Full Body PHA, 2 HIIT, 1 Aerobic Cardio
Weight come off FAST with this rotation due to the afterburn effect which creates a greater calorie deficit to an already established deficit meal plan.

Worst and Least effective:
Anytime I do too much cardio and neglect weight training which result in strength loss and my body does not look as I like.
Old 01-09-19, 01:49 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Favorite: Brazilian Butt Lift. It was the first formal rotation I ever completed, and it was flat-out fun. You have to get into Leandro's cheesiness, but I liked the music, his goofiness and the workouts (Bum Bum in particular is a deceptively hard short cardio workout).

Most effective: Body Beast. I got massively strong.

Least effective is (really) my least favorite: Cathe STS. All the one-rep max fussing, too much equipment, endless worksheets and recording weights on every exercise, I got SO FED UP and abandoned it.

Tags
blood type workouts, effective workouts, peripheral heart action, rotations, unplugged