Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-13, 10:00 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Do People Just Not Trade Anymore?

After months of posting a trade list with what I thought were some pretty desirable DVDS (some of which were new) and getting almost no responses, I gave up today and took everything on my trade list to Goodwill. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that trading at VF seems to have slowed down?

Someone at the Goodwill store is going to be happy because all of these just got sent there:

Rockin' Body Cardio Jam w/Michelle Dozois
Yin Yang Fusion w/Guillermo Gomez & Jessica Smith
Kickboxing Cardio Burn w/Guillermo Gomez
Burlesque: By Jazzercise
Self Trim and Tone Fast w/Kimberly Spreen
X-Tend Barre: Lean and Chiseled w/Andrea Rogers
Prevention Flat Belly Workout: Express Belly Blast w/Ellen Barrett
Zumba Activate
Wii My Fitness Coach (this is a Wii game, not a DVD)
10 Minute Solution: Carb Burner w/Michelle Dozois
10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat w/Suzanne Bowen
10 Minute Solution Quick Tummy Toners
3 in 1 Total Body Fitness w/Desi Bartlett
The Firm Cardio Dance Slim Down
The Firm Cardio Dance Express
Dance With Me: Cardio Fit w/Billy Blanks, Jr.
15 Minute Workouts For Dummies w/Gay Gasper
Burn & Firm w/Karen Voight

Lots of wasted money, but I desperately wanted to get rid of anything in my house that was gathering dust (a bunch of other things went as well). It's a shame, but I do feel glad to have gotten them on out of here. I'm much happier only having workouts that I really love.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:07 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I find that my trading goes in spurts. I can get no action on my list for months and suddenly I'll get requests. I think this in part can be traced to what's being discussed in general discussion. Right now TA/barre are popular so a lot of trade listings are wanting those items.Since that's not my interest my items aren't in demand at present.

And let's face it, most people want newer items. I trade older workouts so unless someone is in a retro phase I don't have a lot to offer.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:08 PM  
Irisg1

I've only posted a trade list maybe two times, and felt it was mostly a waste of time. Anything that didn't get noticed immediately, got buried within a couple days by more current posts, and I didn't feel it was worth the effort of putting a list together.
Old 06-30-13, 10:16 PM  
Sissy B

Usually even if someone has something that I want on their exchange list, I don't have what they're wanting in trade. And I haven't posted a trade list because there's just not that much that I'm looking for right now. I'm actually trying to get rid of my excess workouts so I tend to donate them to the library - my library takes both VHS and DVD.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Joan, as an Exchange Moderator, I have noticed that things have slowed down in general, and the summer tends to be slower as well. As a user, I find that I rarely am able to make a successful trade anymore--I often go the Yayas or SASE route.

Still, I'm surprised that you didn't have at least a few bites for your list, as you have some instructors on there who still seem to be pretty popular such as Jessica Smith and Ellen Barrett.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:24 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I find trading very daunting and off putting. The last time I responded to someone's trade list they said they decided not to trade with me, even though I had exactly what they wanted. I got the impression from the wording that I offended them recently. "I choose not to trade with you" seems pretty clear.

Basically I am done with trading.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:40 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
The last time I responded to someone's trade list they said they decided not to trade with me, even though I had exactly what they wanted. I got the impression from the wording that I offended them recently. "I choose not to trade with you" seems pretty clear.
This has happened to me as well a few times over the last few years. Just is odd to me, especially if they don't have any specifics about only trading certain items for certain items. I just don't make offers to those people anymore (when I can actually remember who they are, lol). Trading is a joy to me, and pretty much the only way I can try anything, so I continue to trade, even though I have had some very bad epxeriences in the last couple years. The good makes it worth it.
(From what I see in threads lately as well, people seem to have a much larger DVD buying budget than they did in years past and prefer to do that over trading maybe?)
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:48 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
I find trading very daunting and off putting. The last time I responded to someone's trade list they said they decided not to trade with me, even though I had exactly what they wanted. I got the impression from the wording that I offended them recently. "I choose not to trade with you" seems pretty clear.

Basically I am done with trading.
You know, I feel the same way. I did offer someone something on their trade list this week, and it was a good trade. I didn't even get a response!!

Some of these lists, too, are so darn complicated. Wow it didn't used to be that way. Double and triple starred items, super picky about certain items. Lists that are miles long. Crazy.

I find trading very off putting, also. Often times I have traded something and know that I'm sending them a more desireable item just to see it back on the exchange in a very short time. Many times I just gift things to people and that also irks me to see it on the exchange. I guess I should be more zen and let it go.

I'm so done with trading. I should just be very, very careful with purchases.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 11:02 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
........ goes in spurts. I can get no action on my lust for months and suddenly I'll get requests.....

Freudian funny

Sorry---apparently feeling very juvenile this evening
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 11:13 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Freudian funny

Sorry---apparently feeling very juvenile this evening
Damn you auto correct! LOL!!!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exchange, trade, trading