Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-21, 07:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

42 minute outdoor walk

I walked with my friend yesterday who usually only walks 30 minutes so this was our compromise. I am planning another walk for today.

DIANE, I'm a big MR fan and I do enjoy the workouts on the streaming. I've just been in such a slump the past few months except for walking. I can't seem to get motivated for weight work. Glad yoga has helped you so much. I've never been able to get into yoga and I wish I could.

Hi DONNA, PAT and all the rest. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 07:38 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

It's a beautiful sunny day so life feels good! My workout today, so far:

Pushups - I do descending count pushups, every other day. Starting at 16, down to 1 a la Cathe Friedrich. I can't remember which dvd I saw this in but I've adopted it as a regular to my routine.

Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution - Upper Body & Abs

Linda Wooldridge's 100 Inner thighs - didn't do the full 1,000 reps, just 100. I need to walk today!

Yoga - a short practice. Going out for a bike ride while my husband runs in Saratoga Spa State Park.

More yoga in the afternoon (I've been doing it twice a day, some short practices, some longer).

SummerBreeze - I used to HATE yoga. Really, really, really. But this running injury, right at the start of the pandemic, made me realize I had to do something to try to correct it. It has made me a believer!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!! See ya tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 07:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! My day featured:

~ Office movement challenge - static lunges and back
~ LWR 7 Minute Belly Fat Workout
~ 5,500 steps

I didn't get a workout done after getting home, too worn out. But it's Friday!

{{{Summer Breeze}}} hugs, I'm sorry to hear you're having a stressful time. I hope you enjoyed lunch with your friend and you both had a nice walk.

Diane, I was worried about the streaming being wonky. I had purchased a streaming workout way back and the one episode wouldn't play right. Margaret was great about it though, she sent me a DVD instead. It looks like no more DVDs at all. I love those early sessions with the Body Electric Dancers, though, which is what makes it so tempting.

Happy Friday to Donna and anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 08:05 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Diane, I was worried about the streaming being wonky. I had purchased a streaming workout way back and the one episode wouldn't play right. Margaret was great about it though, she sent me a DVD instead. It looks like no more DVDs at all. I love those early sessions with the Body Electric Dancers, though, which is what makes it so tempting.
Today, her streaming is working seamlessly but that's not always the case. And, yes, no more DVDs. I just love the early sessions, the music, the dancers. I figured I would do the 6 month special deal ($80 something) and see if I'll continue.

Diane
Old 05-07-21, 10:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Quick check-in for me, today was:

Ellen - Walk w/ Weights - this is on her streaming site and the title says it all. I really enjoy the music on this workout, but it is otherwise unremarkable. Ellen shines more in her fusion style, but if you are looking for a lower key cardio workout this one is pleasant and does have Ellen's upbeat flavor to it.

Yesterday I walked my doggie - short walk.

I think I'm over the COVID-vaccines side effects - yay!

Diane - is Bad Yogi Erin Motz? I did a few of her You Tube challenges back in the day. I used to do yoga regularly, mostly w/ Yoga w/ Adriene, but I fell off the wagon some time in 2019 and haven't gone back to it yet, at least not regularly. Good point about using Body Electric as an add-on.

Nice work, Pat!

Good walk, Summer Breeze.

Happy Friday.....

I'm not sure what I want to focus on for May but I think the weekend will be some outdoor walks (weather permitting) and Ellen...and then I'll try to decide what is next!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 10:55 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Diane - is Bad Yogi Erin Motz?
Yes! I started with her free You Tube channel, then purchased her first Perfect Body Yoga program, which led to other programs and subscribing to her website. I'm hooked. She's inventive, unpretentious, and just perfect for me!

Diane
Old 05-08-21, 07:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

Not sure about today, they are forecasting rain. I'll see how it plays out.

DONNA, glad you're feeling better.

PAT, good job keeping up with your office challenge.

DIANE, is there a particular instructor or practice that you could recommend to someone to change their mind about yoga?

Waves to all. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 08:06 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning all!

Today was my cardio day so I did a 43 minute elliptical workout using iClimb (remember iTrain website?). I kept many of the workouts and I don't think they exist any longer. Once you purchased your workouts, you were supposed to keep them and be able to access them for life. Glad I downloaded them.

I followed up with Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution Chakra Tune Up practice. More yoga this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post

DIANE, is there a particular instructor or practice that you could recommend to someone to change their mind about yoga?
Summer Breeze - I've practiced using lots of different instructors when I got injured in Feb 2020. I started with Yoga with Adriene but (and this is personal preference) I find her too chatty. There are so many to choose from out there but I did the Bad Yogi free original challenge and found I like her a lot. Erin Motz is down to earth and not too "woo-woo". She is also very self-deprecating, which is something I like in a person. Don't take yourself too seriously. Straight and simple.

I pretty much do Erin's practices exclusively. I have bought several of her programs and subscribed to her site. There's a ton to choose from. HTH!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Diane
Old 05-08-21, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

it is dreary today - so I am thinking a walk may not happen, so I did:

Jenny Ford - Basic Step - Zion (this is from her You Tube Channel)

Ky Autumn/Blessful Body - Flowing Alignment - she offered a $1 for 21 day special for her streaming site, so I joined up. I have used her stuff before it is mostly Pilates/Yoga fusion blends. This was nice, nothing remarkable, but good beach scenery and a gentle routine.

Diana - I like Erin, too, for the reasons you stated! I did both of her free 30 day challenges back in the day.

Glad you got a walk, Summer Breeze!

I'm still mulling over the Body Electric special, i think it ends tomorrow. The big question - would I use it enough??? That is the eternal question, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 08:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had a very low key Friday. Should have gone out to walk on a perfect day for it, but I stayed in the office and got some stuff taken care of. After work I enjoyed Kassandra's 30 minute Yin Yoga with Affirmations for Self-Love and Healing which sounded perfect for how I was feeling.

Donna, yes - "will I use it enough?" is the eternal vidiot question! That's why I'm so picky about streaming services and only pick ones where I can come and go with no hassles. Though I am still tempted to try Margaret's streaming.

Diane, I forgot all about the iTrain workouts. I should check my old Walkman. Adriene is too chatty for me as well - SarahBeth and Kassandra are more my style. Thanks for the tip on Erin, I will check her out.

Summer Breeze, sending you some sunshine and hugs, if you need them. Catch!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx