Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-21, 08:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Well it's rainy, but we need it so ... here are my check-ins:

Monday:
~ One mile lunch walk
~ Office movement challenge - squats and calves
~ Back stretches
~ 6,000 steps

Tuesday:
~ Back PT
~ Two mile walk to the osprey nest and back
~ 8,169 steps

Diane, welcome! But - I am so sorry that you lost your cousin unnecessarily to COVID. I wonder if the people who exposed her even know or care what they did.

Donna I'm sorry to hear you had a bag go of it and hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Good morning Summer Breeze!

Waves to Christina and anyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 09:30 AM  
donnamp

Diane - I'm so sorry about your cousin, that is so unfair and downright criminal to expose people like that. The thing w/ COVID is you just don't know. Some people will get it and barely feel a thing, others will have a much worse outcome. It was definitely worth the discomfort to have some measure of peace of mind about it. And, I'll gladly get boosters if I need to.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 04:55 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post

DIANE, oh I'm so sorry about your cousin!
That's criminal what those maintenance workers did {hugs}

Thank you. It is criminal but my cousin's husband and children don't want to pursue it - and I get it. My cousin's daughter was hospitalized with Covid as well but pulled through. She's still dealing with the long lasting side effects.

I used to complain I was bored but I'm so happy to be safe at home (prior to my vaccinations) and will never complain again. Something good had to come out of all this insanity!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 04:58 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Diane - I'm so sorry about your cousin, that is so unfair and downright criminal to expose people like that. The thing w/ COVID is you just don't know. Some people will get it and barely feel a thing, others will have a much worse outcome. It was definitely worth the discomfort to have some measure of peace and mind about it. And, I'll gladly get boosters if I need to.

Donna
Thank you, Donna. Mary Ann had underlying conditions so when she texted me from the hospital telling me she had Covid, I freaked out. In her classic style, she yelled at me and said "Follow instructions! Do not worry!" That's an older cousin for you! I'm just thankful to have had her all these years.

Diane
Old 05-05-21, 05:02 PM  
amoodygirl

[QUOTE=Pat58;2924517]

Diane, welcome! But - I am so sorry that you lost your cousin unnecessarily to COVID. I wonder if the people who exposed her even know or care what they did.

Thank you, Pat for the warm welcome and the condolences. I'm the oldest in my family so Mary Ann was my unofficial "older sister" by 4 years. She was the rock of her family, caring for everyone, including my 96 year old uncle. I honestly don't think they cared about exposing anyone - selfish creeps.

I saw the title "Margaret Richard & Friends" and lately I've been so into Body Electric and just signed up for 6 months of streaming her shows from the 80s and 90s. So, here I am!

Diane
Old 05-06-21, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to feeling like my old self, I'm still going to take it easy on the workouts for a few days (not like I ever tax myself anyway!).

Today I did an Ellen mix:

- Quick Tone - which is 15 min of floorwork
- Stretch 360 - which is 15 min of flowy stretching - CS-ish

Diane - I was thinking about signing up for Body Electric too. It is a good deal! I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. I hope her daughter is ok. The thing w/ COVID is you just never know. I was talking to one of the other mom's at horseback riding the other day and she knows of a 19 year old who had to get a pacemaker after having COVID. I'm glad to have gotten the vaccine it was worth the side effects to have some peace of mind.

Pat - I need get back on the train w/ Lucy's workouts, too! She has done a lot of free challenges this year.

Summer Breeze - hope you are doing well...

Waves, Gypsy Rose and Christina

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 07:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR 7 Minute Feel Good Workout
~ Office movement challenge: plies and shoulders
~ Ellen's Shape Bikini Ready Fast
~ 7,000 steps for day

I forgot what a good workout BRF is. I received this in a Share the Wealth and it was the third time I've bought or traded or begged for it. Why did I ever get rid of the first two? Maybe I need to reacquire Ellen's Shape Slim & Sleek Fast, too.

{{{Diane}}} hugs. We are glad to have you here. I understand how cousins can take on "other roles" in our lives.

Donna, good news that you're all over the side effects.

Hello to all who visit!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Another crappy day yesterday. Rainy and just dealing with some stressful things. So no walk/workout. My friend who I haven't seen in awhile due to covid restrictions (she didn't have covid) is coming by in a bit for a walk and then lunch. She is fully vaccinated and I had one shot so far so with some masking and distance we should be fine

DIANE, I hope you are doing ok. {{hugs}} I have the MR streaming, I got the deal in December for a year but I've hardly used it. Maybe I can be motivated by you. How often do you use the streaming workouts?
Any favorite seasons or episodes?

DONNA, so glad you are feeling better. Ellen is the ticket for a few days I'm sure.

PAT, you're getting some nice workout activity in this week. Well done.

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 10:02 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Diane - I was thinking about signing up for Body Electric too. It is a good deal! I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. I hope her daughter is ok. The thing w/ COVID is you just never know. I was talking to one of the other mom's at horseback riding the other day and she knows of a 19 year old who had to get a pacemaker after having COVID. I'm glad to have gotten the vaccine it was worth the side effects to have some peace of mind.
It is a good deal but, here's the caveat - it's a tad wonky. I think Margaret has a hand in the programming of the streaming site and sometimes it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. It is a bit heavy to load at times. I'm guessing it has to do with the bandwidth and how many are accessing it. I signed up for the 6 month deal so we'll see what we see.

Thank you for your condolences. A 19 year old with a pacemaker because of Covid???? Dear God - there are so many things that can happen with this virus.

During this last year, I was in overdrive as far as safety measures. Only now that we are both fully vaccinated do I not freak out in the grocery store. I'm still uber-careful but I no longer have the "deer in headlights" look when someone gets too close!

Diane
Old 05-06-21, 10:08 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post

DIANE, I hope you are doing ok. {{hugs}} I have the MR streaming, I got the deal in December for a year but I've hardly used it. Maybe I can be motivated by you. How often do you use the streaming workouts?
Any favorite seasons or episodes?
Thank you - we're all doing OK. Mary Ann would want us all to just get on with it! She had such a strong personality.

I started working out with Margaret and Body Electric in the 80s. I love the earlier seasons - the music, the exercises. Her later seasons (Unplugged) I didn't care for but that's just me!

I try using the streaming workouts every day, even if I just want to add an outer thigh/inner thigh with leg weights as a finisher. I will keep track of my favorite seasons and/or episodes and report back. The simplicity of the exercises are what keeps bringing me back to Body Electric. Margaret's quirky personality makes me laugh as well!

Today my workout consisted of spin bike for cardio, followed by Bad Yogi's Zen Cardio yoga. I subscribed to Bad Yogi during the height of the pandemic as I was trying to nurse a badly injured piriformis injury from running. Yoga has made me stronger in ways I never have been. I never stuck with it but the practices really helped me heal. I think I will be doing yoga for the rest of my life.

Have a great day, everyone! It's sunny here in Upstate NY (Saratoga Springs)! Yeah!

Diane

Tags
jim fixx