Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-26-21, 09:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry, thanks for posting that article. I like to stay informed on any information related to Covid, the pandemic, and vaccine articles and news. I'm expecting some fatigue and I'll be perfectly okay with that. Good to know you're fine after 24-36 hours.

Donna, sorry about you having more stress and work without an extra employee. You seem very capable, but it's not fair that you would have more workload with the same amount of pay, etc.

wishiwasinahawaii, good luck with your 2nd shot and hope recovery time for you is easy going. Lee's workouts are perfect to gently stretch the body and feel good at the same time. Glad you're doing so well with the Total Gym. I'm torn between getting back on mine in May or starting another rotation with a different instructor.

Off to do a bit of a stretch! Good-night!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 10:27 PM  
Leonana

Pam, you’re welcome. I feel back to normal this evening. My shot was around 2:45 Saturday, and I was most fatigued Sunday evening and this morning. But even then it wasn’t severe, I was still cleaning the cat boxes lol.

My stomach seems to have settled down too, but I think that was due to nerves.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you are feeling well this evening.
Old 04-27-21, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I walked w/ my Golden. She is limping a little, so we kept it short. She is going to be 9 this year, but she still runs around like a crazy puppy and sometimes ends up limping later...I know the feeling....

Today, the Jessica Smith WS 1.0, Phase II rotation called for either 360 abs or one of the walks and standing abs from the 30 day set. I didn't feel like doing either one...so, instead I did:

Caroline Jordan - 10 Min Calorie Burning Interval Workout
Caroline Jordan - Best Exercise to Reduce Diabetes (10 min - basically another interval style workout)
Caroline Jordan - Abs for Bad Back

I have watched Caroline's workouts but never actually did one. I really enjoyed these - the time went by fast, Caroline is very positive. The Ab routine was nothing earth shattering in terms of the exercises she chose but they certainly did not irritate my back and I think may have helped a bit, too.

I am thinking of trying her Recovery Day workout for tomorrow.

The only downside is no music and the sound quality is a little echo-y - but hey, it is a free workout. There is also a paid advertisement at the beginning where Caroline is touting the benefits of this vitamin water she is drinking. At least it is at the beginning or end of the video not in the middle, so that is fine and again, free workout...can't complain too much!

I hope to walk today and do some more stretching or PT type work.

Sherry - you may like Caroline's ab routine. Remember, you can always modify by keeping one leg down w/ any exercise where both legs are raised and you can also always leave the curl out. How are you feeling now? I think fatigue is to be expected since your body is working on that virus...or spike protein. I am thinking next week may be a recovery week for me, I will have finished WS 1.0 Phase II (my way, version) more or less by then so it seems like a good time to take a break. I do like CocoLime, but sometimes it feels like it isn't enough. I think it is good for recovery type days or if you are doing a lot of other activities besides formal workouts. I like that she includes stretch breaks and some of her stuff is sneaky in that I will feel it later on. I don't like many of her cardio workouts but the strength ones are pretty good. Was your shot Moderna or Pfizer?

wishiwasinhawaii - how are you feeling? Did you get Moderna or Pfizer?

Waves, Pam - I'm thinking over what I may want to do in May as well.... Yea, I am not too happy w/ having a lot of extra stuff to do particularly at this time of year. And, not for anything but I don't think the person who is leaving is going to tie everything up in a neat package.

Waves, Liz!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 11:43 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Well, it's been about 20 hours since I had the second dose of Pfizer and I feel fine. My arm is a tiny bit sore, but I have no other side effects. My arm actually was more painful after the first shot than it is now! So I'm hoping this continues. I took a sick day today anyway because I was anticipating issues, so I'm just enjoying my day off.

No workout today but I'm going to go for a short walk outside. Have a good day!
Old 04-27-21, 12:20 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Had a bit of a neckache today (pillow?) so did Lee's Qi Gong Five Elements for Energy and Balance. Nice flow, spending some time with each movement. Very relaxing and beautiful mountain scenery!

wishiwasinhawaii, that's good new! Enjoy your day off!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Nice temps here at 57 degrees and sunny!

Current Rotation:
Old 04-27-21, 09:04 PM  
Leonana

I was still feeling a bit tired this morning, so just Goodwill today. I'm feeling more energetic this evening though. I think I'm going to take a recovery week this week, just to be safe and not over do it.

I got really lucky today. I found Essentrics Forever Painless Workouts, 8 Workouts on 2 DVDs, with Miranda. Practically brand new, and with my discount it was 97 cents. I will try it out this week. I didn't click much with the you tube workouts, but I will give it my best. This gives me something new to do this week!

Donna, I will check out Caroline's channel. Thanks for the info on the ab workout. I had Pfizer. My impression is that Pfizer has less side effects. I'm feeling better, but I do feel that my immune system is working. I feel hotter than usual. When I mentioned feeling hotter when I had a virus, my doctor told me that meant my immune system was working. Regarding my stomach, I think I figured out the culprit - kombucha. I love the stuff, but I don't think my stomach does! It might be the caffeine, since it's made from fermented tea.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad you are feeling okay. My arm was more sore the second time around, but it's fine today.

Pam, I'm glad you are having a sunny day. We had rain yesterday. It cooled it down today to a mere 72. I'm enjoying the cooler evening.
Old 04-28-21, 06:12 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Well, I spoke too soon. I started feeling very fatigued not long after I posted yesterday. I was having trouble staying awake so I went to bed very early. I also was feeling warm, like Sherry mentioned. I'm still feeling tired, but not as bad as last night. We'll see what today brings. No workout today.
Old 04-28-21, 09:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was an active recovery day on the WS 1.0 calendar.

I started w/ Low Impact Cardio - from Caroline Jordan's Diabetes playlist. It was a good routine to get moving. She did it interval style 45 seconds on/ 15 seconds off - a mix of cardio and body weight strength.

I finished w/ Caroline Jordan's Recovery Day workout. It was a nice full body stretch/mobility session.

I hope to walk later today!

wishiwasinhawaii - hope you feel a bit more like yourself today. If fatigue is the worst it gets, that's not too bad. I'm still wondering if the way I felt last week was related to my first shot or just a coincidence.....

Sherry - I hope you enjoy the DVDs - 97 cents is a good deal! I hope you are also feeling better.

Pam - sorry about your neck ache....

I think for next week I will plan a recovery week - I'm getting my 2nd Pfizer on Monday....even if I don't feel bad, it may not be a bad thing to just take it easy and let my body do its thing. If I recall moderate exercise helps the immune system but over-doing it weakens it.

Forgot to mention, Sherry - did you watch Dr. Dray's video about the discontinuance of hydroquinone as an OTC purchase in the US? I promptly went on Amazon and purchased two tubes of Ambi Fade cream I am using it on my hands to get rid of my "freckles" (aka age spots).

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 12:02 PM  
Leonana

Haven’t done the Essentrics yet, will update later.

wishiwasinhawaii, that’s what happened to me. Fine until about 30 hours after, then I became fatigued. I feel pretty normal today, almost three days later.

Donna, I saw the video in my feed but haven’t watched it. I think the EU won’t allow hydroquinone. The cynical side says this is just another way for drug companies to make a buck. But I never bought OTC, because it had fragrance. I did buy 4% from India, but didn’t really stick with it. Since you have to take breaks periodically, then the spots come back again, it seemed like too much effort for the results.

I think you were wise about turning back. I’ve heard they used to be sweet, but drug dealers and gang members started breeding them for attack, so that’s what we have now. They are the number one dog at shelters. Breeders are irresponsible and people are idiots. My Chica was a bigger dog, around 45 pounds, but once she was charged by a German shepherd. He was walked by preteen boy who lost control, no parents with him. I yelled No out of fear, and the dog stopped and went back to the boy, who was futilely trying to grab him. Fortunately, the dog responded to adult commands. After my experience with losing my chihuahua, it unnerved me. Chica left us a year ago, at age 13.
Old 04-28-21, 12:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I got really lucky today. I found Essentrics Forever Painless Workouts, 8 Workouts on 2 DVDs, with Miranda.
Is this the one with the blue cover with Miranda wearing a blue top? I have this one and a few other "forever painless", "age recovery" and "connective tissue workouts from another set, too!

Generally, the painless and recovery workout tend to move slower than some of the Seasons. Miranda also talks a bit more, especially on the subject of Connective Tissue.

She's had a few different DVDs, with the release of her new book and PBS pledge workouts.

Sounds like you got a great bargain, either way! Nice find!

Current Rotation:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy