Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-13-21, 06:20 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

We've had non-stop rain the past couple of days so no outdoor walking for me, but I did walk inside. I was up early today for some reason and I did my Total Gym workout. It's sunny today so I will go out later.

Donna, I don't usually have trouble sleeping, but lately I've been waking up at weird times and it takes awhile to fall back to sleep. I think my mind is racing--there's just so much to be worried about these days, but I realized there's nothing I can do about any of it so just have to let it go. Not easy though. I also have to keep my workouts simple and low stress right now, so that's why I like the Total Gym stuff.

Pam, Hope everything goes well with the vaccine and you can relax.

Sherry, I think it's great you did 4 weeks of Lift & Shift! It sounds like it's tough so you should give yourself a huge pat on the back!
Old 04-13-21, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I finished up w/ Ellen's Moving Meditation. At lunch time I did Pahla B's Dumbbell Strength Workout from her 7 Day Playlist for April. This one was a good one - just strength - no cardio. 90 second intervals, no repeats.

Today, was back to Jessica....30 Day Walk Series - HIIT Walk. The WS 1.0 workout was Interval Mix and that one is not a favorite! I also did Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Release

I'm getting my vaccine this afternoon - first Pfizer shot, supposedly. Tomorrow is scheduled to be 360 Abs, which may or may not happen depending on the vaccine side effects. Pahla has a cardio ab workout in her playlist for this month and I was thinking of substituting that one anyway b/c I like mixing things up. It may sounds silly, but I learned from this rotation that I don't like to repeat workouts very often, so I'm glad this Phase II version offers a choice for each day - but I still sometimes find myself wanting to do something else.

wishiwasinhawaii - I guess we lucked out - we have had some clouds but the weekend cleared up nicely. Yesterday was cloudy w/ rain on and off. I hear you on needing something simple and low stress. I think that is why I end up gravitating to Pahla from time to time. Nothing fancy....

Pam - good luck today -what time is your appointment? We are going at 1:30.

Sherry - it sounds like you got some good results from L&S. You can always incorporate them into your workout routine in different ways....

waves, Liz!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 08:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, I only had a sore arm from the first Pfizer shot. That seems to be what most people experience. My second shot is April 26. Can't wait to get that over with!
Old 04-13-21, 04:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Pam - how did your shot go? Mine went pretty smoothly - it was actually less painful than the flu vaccine. So far, so good.

wishiwasinhawaii - my next one is 5/3....I'm also looking forward to getting this over with.

I'm also relieved I did not keep my J&J vaccine appointment - it was scheduled for Monday - and today the FDA recommended suspending it b/c of blood clotting issues.

Donna
Old 04-13-21, 05:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Last night I did Lee's Deeper Sleep Qi Gong workout and it was one of the best ones I've done in a while. It's a much younger Lee and the film quality isn't as good as his most recent workouts, but I'm happy to have it. It's long, at 45 minutes. So much for going to bed early.

Today I was up early so got in Cathe's Gym Style Back, Biceps, and Shoulders Timesaver premix. Didn't go heavy since vaccine appointment was today!

Donna, our appointments were at 1:05 pm and it went very smoothly. It was in a larger facility and wasn't crowded. There seemed to be more Army staff than people getting vaccines. I hardly felt a thing and got the shot in my dominant arm, since I have frozen shoulder on the left side and already have mild pain there. They had us wait the fifteen minutes, and in that time we scheduled our 2nd shots for May 4th. Kinda difficult to do on our phones. Feeling a bit tired, but no real side effects yet. Just sleepy from our interesting night last night.

Someone ran a stop sign at our corner, where we live. No one makes much effort to yield, much less stop. But, just after midnight a truck ran through the stop sign and knocked down some power poles. His truck was in the yard of the house at the bottom of the street, opposite our house on the corner. There were a number of police cars, fireman, ambulance, tow truck, and utility trucks there for quite some time. We lost power around 5am this morning, and when I got up there were still a number of utility vehicles coming and going trying to repair or recover electricity. Most of the houses were without power for some time. So, after we heard the crash we were awake for another hour afterwards. That's what we get for living in a college town.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On the vaccine front - so far so good. My arm is a little sore - actually less so than when I get the flu vaccine. Hopefully the 2nd shot will be just as uneventful. DD is doing fine as well.

We walked our Golden last night and this morning I did CS 1128. I am planning to do something else later. I had my usual trouble sleeping last night so I couldn't muster up the energy for anything else right away.

Pam - what a night you had!

Donna
Old 04-14-21, 01:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jenny's Walk Across America (Virginia.) She's standing in front of a beautiful home, and looks like it might be a nice area/neighborhood. I also added Marisa Cranfill's Qi Gong Purge and Tonify from YouTube. She's very lovely and the practice was wonderful. She has some interesting breathing exercises, that I'd like to investigate further. Basically making sounds with the breath as you exhale with the lips in different positions. I'd like to practice more of this, as I think it might help with my facial paralysis.

My arm is a bit sore around the injection site, but no big deal at all! I made sure to stay hydrated all day/night, and am doing well with water intake today, too! DH has some redness from the adhesive on the bandage, but he's not feeling sore, but I take that with a grain of salt because of his erp"s palsy. He has permanent numbness in that upper arm area, so would not feel anything anyway.

wishiwasinhawaii, so glad you're enjoying the Total Gym workouts. I find them relaxing, strengthening and stretching at the same time! A very good combo!

Sherry, I would like to pal around with you on your trips to Goodwill and such! That would be so fun! Tracie Long is my favorite FIRM instructor!

Enjoy this beautiful day!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 03:06 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was walking in three Goodwills for about three hours. I found The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix with Tracie Long on the cover. It's the 2003 release from Good Times. I previewed it, and it looks like something I can do. Not all 67 minutes though! I'll skip the abs and the low impact cardio. I'm not sure about their definition of low impact, lol, it looks like some jumping in it. I saw a lot of Leslies, but I have two that I don't use, so passed on them.

Today was the WS1 Fusion Sculpt. I always love the Tai Chi at the end of this one. I have noticed the count down clock in WS1. I remember at the time people saying they didn't like it. Now I read that people want a countdown clock. I'm glad I don't make workout videos, lol. I am enjoying WS1, the workouts relieve my stress. I am tweaking the schedule, as Tuesday is my rest day, and I need a lighter workout on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Pam, it is fun going with a friend! It's funny, but I always buy more when I'm with my friend, and hardly buy anything when I go by myself. I'm sorry to hear about your interesting night and loss of power. Hopefully, the driver of the truck learned a lesson about stop signs. I'm glad your vaccine appointment was uneventful.

wishiwasinhawaii, thanks for the encouragement, I patted myself on the back, lol. My second shot is April 23, so we should both be done around the same time.

Donna, I'm glad your vaccine went well, and that it was less painful than your flu vaccine. From what I understand, there is no proof the J&J causes blood clots, but I'm glad they are being careful. Of course, people are using that to be afraid of vaccines, instead of recognizing the caution.
Old 04-15-21, 12:53 AM  
lizh

Hi all,
Sorry to be missing in action. I have had a few very busy weeks at work. I am looking forward to the weekend when the worst will be behind me!

I just read through the thread and glad to see everyone was able to score a vaccine appointment! I had my second shot last week and had some side effects. Fever and chills and very tired. It lasted about a day and a half and then I slept great for several nights in a row and now I feel like a million bucks! So nice to have it behind me. About one more week until all those immunities are fully kicked in. I had the moderna and I think the side effects may be more frequent than pfizer, so don't let me scare you! It wasn't that bad.

On the workout front, I've missed a few days here and there but I am continuing on with Pahla's 30 day from 2021. I think I am on day 8. It is fun, but I think I may shift over to WS1/WS2 when I am done with this for a break. I still haven't tried a Jenny Ford, but I received the DVDs, so I'm looking forward to starting. Even though it is against Pahla's philosophy, I'd like to add a little something more than just Pahla. Either Jenny Ford or Classical Stretch.

wishiwasinhawaii - sounds like you are in a good groove with the Total Gym. I'm jealous of your rain! I keep reading in the news how dry California is and the danger of fires this summer. Talk about anxiety!! Eeek!

Donna- glad to hear that you and your daughter are getting COVID shots at the same time! You can celebrate together when it is all behind you!

Pam- I hope your shot goes without issue. I'm sure the Tai Chi and Qi Gong are helping you in many ways! I have a friend who had Bell's Palsey. It went away as quickly as it arrived but not after driving her crazy for several months.

Sherry - Congrats on 4 weeks of Lift and Shift! I had a thought to return them since 50 minutes seems like an eternity after Pahla but I'll probably hold on to them and see if I can add a little muscle. Maybe later this summer.

Ok, I'm off! Waves to all!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up!

So far no real ill effects from my first vaccine other than a sore arm - which was actually less sore than I usually get from the flu shot. It is a tad itchy now, but nothing bad. Yesterday afternoon I started to feel some fatigue but it is hard to know if that was from it being a rainy/dreary day....

Yesterday afternoon at lunch I did:

Pahla B - April Play List - Cardio Abs

And, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - Sciatica Practice and 1st half of the herniated disc practice - both of these are very good for me to do after a long day of sitting.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent - Barre Pilates Full Body Workout - this was the 40 min version of the practice she posted on You Tube while wearing the light green tights. It was not much different from what she usually does in barre workouts but it was still enjoyable. While she may not be the most exciting instructor around, I find that I always feel better after doing her workouts - sometimes with other instructors I end up tweaking something....but w/ Jessica it seems to work fine for me.

Jesscia Valent - 10 Min routine for back strength - this has similar exercises as in her other back care practices, but it at least provides a little bit of variety and change of outfit to look at, LOL!

It was Leg day on Jessica Smith's WS 1.0 Phase II rotation, but I think I have morped this into Phase III - as I'm following the template, but not necessarily the workout suggestions! LOL!

I hope to walk today...the weather looks better.

Sherry - on the J&J front, I still think you probably face more risk driving to get your vaccine than you do from the vaccine itself, but I'm still relieved i didn't get it b/c I'm sure every little twinge I felt would send me into a spiral of panic!

Liz - glad you are done w/ vaccines - I have heard the same thing that people get more reactions to the 2nd shot than the first, I will just wait and see! Pahla posted a video today about how she gained weight doing more cardio - but i think you have to take that w/ a grain of salt as she was not adding on a 30 min walk but training for an ultra marathon!!!

Pam glad you and DH have made it through the first round!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy