Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-21, 09:28 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh goodness, FN1!!! What a rotten day and OUCH for your husband! Crossing my fingers, toes, and all paws he doesn't need surgery and he heals quickly. Poor guy! Do keep us posted.

I'm now waving my magic voodoo chicken bones over here so our Watulan group and our relations all may avoid any more future mishaps!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 10:17 AM  
horusosiris

Cataddict- I am so sorry about your husband's accident. I hope all goes well with his follow up appointments.

Chel- I have missed so much of March Madness due to my hectic schedule.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 12:29 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict thank you for the clarification on the different views for the Katami workouts. It really seemed odd to me but now it makes so much more sense. I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's fall too. I'm sending warm hugs and positive thoughts that he heals quickly.
Old 03-25-21, 04:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, cataddict! Yikes! More fingers crossed for no surgery. You definitely have an extra bit on your plate for a while! Hopefully Tank is ok too! It is a bummer that the ones who think about the questions can no longer tag along. I actually took hubby to the ER this morning. He has a hernia that he's had forever, but he's been in excruciating pain lately and from what he told me and the ER advice nurse, it sounded like he would need emergency surgery. Well, they did a cat scan and sent him home with a referral. I asked him if he asked why is he suddenly in so much more pain. Uh..... nope!

Chele, I also have trouble doing pushups at a quick clip. I just do at my own speed. I took your advice and did Caroline's Defiant Dumbbells this morning -- great workout! I decided I was going to push myself and try to do 12 pounds. Well, I had to drop to 10 for some things, and then on second sets I had to go to 8s for the lateral raises. Boy she had a lot of shoulder work in that!! I also did the -- what does she call it? -- the "signature move" (I know that's not right) without weights. Oh, as a warmup I did a low impact but high intensity body project workout. It was a great workout and boy they know how to do low impact and really get the heart rate going. At least for me it did! My right knee has been a little odd this week -- first time ever I've had that, so I'm trying to be careful with it.

Wow, so many of you are so busy with work! Hope it eases up soon for all of you!

On Fun Friday..... maybe we should pick the Party Rock that Kate did not do, in case she sees this and wants to join? I can't remember which one that was and I'm assuming she has both and I'm not sure that's correct either. At any rate, I think I've only done each of them once, maybe twice, so I honestly don't have a preference (because I don't know any better! ).

Waves all around!
Old 03-25-21, 05:34 PM  
ChelePA

Bee... I think Kate only has #2. There are two premixes that combine both.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Geezus, Bee, hernias are a tad scary too as they can become 'incarcerated' which means tissue gets stuck and it isn't good. I'm thinking if they did imaging and sent him home that's not the case. And WHAT IS IT with husbands not asking 'the right' questions, like, EVER??? Mine does the same.

I'm debating PRS1 for tomorrow if some of you are. I think I need something lighter after the week I've had. Patrick ground my bones into dust today with Extreme Calorie Burn, during which I got Extremely Confused in some parts (took me FOREVER to figure out that four-corners move) which was fine because I took those moments to catch my breath! He is a machine and his workouts make me feel terribly out of shape!

Note to self...do not attempt two 'new to you' Patrick workouts in one week. Just don't.

Gotta run, Watulans...more evil work and I'm so behind. Stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 06:40 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...also hoping your husband is ok. Please keep us updated on his appointment. I give my husband a list of questions since I don’t always go with him.
Old 03-25-21, 07:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Bee...also hoping your husband is ok. Please keep us updated on his appointment. I give my husband a list of questions since I don’t always go with him.
ChelePAyou're lucky!....I tried that ...but Mr. Stubborn shoved the list in his pocket, only asked the first one, said he forgot the list, and then only remembered half of the answer to the first question!! For.the.love.of.chocolate. fella!!

bee I hope your hubs gets taken care of quickly!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 09:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Thanks to all for your good thoughts! DH went to his appointment and they showed him the xray of his ankle. There is a chip of bone that "won't go anywhere" according to the doctor, so that will stay there. He has a soft cast and a boot but no surgery! It will be about 4 to 6 weeks of recovery time. He has a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to make sure everything is healing properly. All in all, it could have been much worse.

Today I did Warrior 2 from 4 x 4 followed by the Low Impact workout from FitSplit since I felt I needed some cardio. I did double Mixed Impact cardio from this series on Tuesday---forgot to mention it in my last post.

bee, I'm glad there wasn't anything too complicated in my husband's doctor visit, because I would have been very frustrated if I felt there were a lot of questions he didn't ask (and he's done this in the past, much to my dismay). I'm also puzzled why they sent your husband home when he was in so much pain. Sending best wishes that all goes well for your DH. Keep us updated!

FN1, I hope the magic voodoo chicken bones work for all of us! And yes, doing that Extreme Patrick the same week as LHB Patrick is just craaazy!!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 08:48 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...glad no surgery...the dreaded boot brings back memories. It actually caused some crazy hip issues afterwards because of the way I was compensating while walking. Hoping your husband heals quickly

Bee...how's your husband feeling today?

Fanofladyvols...I find it interesting how none of the husbands ask the important questions. My husband's doctor will now say any questions from your wife today

Kittybug...I decided to join you with PRS #1 for Fun Friday. I am in the last days of my March Challenge with Anna so I only did the timesaver premix that doesn't have the final product. It clocked in around 30 minutes. I love the combos and music! Perfect choice!

Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 26 challenge was labeled Freaky Friday HIIT, no equipment or repeat. Always my favorite! 30 exercises, 50 seconds on/10 off. A variety of very familiar moves with a few new ones added in. It was a total body workout. My legs felt very heavy today. I completed a higher intensity cycling class last evening (trying a new instructor) and was still feeling it this morning.

Happy Friday!

Tags
watulan check-in