Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-18, 04:00 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Is the Versa waterproof? IIRC, the Iconic is waterproof?
Yes. it is as waterproof as the Ionic. Water resistant to 50m & it will track laps, duration & calories burned during swim workouts.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 06:04 PM  
carly

If you are a serious swimmer 50 m may be cutting it close for long term use. https://www.active.com/triathlon/art...ch-really-mean
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 09:17 PM  
Thenu

I like Apple Watch for the aesthetic looks, for the apps and smooth integration with iPhone. Still I couldn’t let go my Fitbit for the sleep tracking, silent alarm , Aria, batter power and Fitbit app features. So I use both , Apple Watch during the day and Fitbit in the night and use sync solver to sync data between Fitbit and Apple health.

The new Fitbit Versa looks interesting. I really like that they are incorporating features for females - tracking periods and how it affects your sleep etc. I am looking forward to getting one and see if I can wear only one watch and ditch all these syncing stuff.
Thenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 09:54 PM  
ncl

I had a Fitbit Charge 2. The place where the band connected was defective. Until the warranty ran out, they kept replacing the band but would not replace the fitbit itself and would not give me any advice about this product which was defective. Despite just routine use, the band would eventually quit holding on to the fitbit and eventually would just start falling off of my arm. I probably had 6 replacement bands, then after rate warranty was up they wouldn't replace anymore. I thought this whole thing was ridiculous. They basically sold a defective product and would not do anything to ameliorate the situation in a lasting sort of way. I will never buy another Fitbit. They lost me forever. This was a known and common issue with the Charge 2.

I did get an Apple Watch for Christmas and have been very pleased. Much more solid construction. I also got the Fitbit for christmas the year before. By this time with the Fitbit, the band had already been replaced just once at least, possibly twice.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 11:02 PM  
Vantreesta

I've been lucky so far, I guess. I haven't had any problems with my Charge 2 after almost a year and a half. That stinks that you had such bad luck with yours! My family has all had issues with the Flex, my nephews had bad luck with the original Charge and my brother has had problems with his Blaze. We all like the Fitbits and have been happy with the customer service, but I keep thinking a product with fewer bugs would require less frequent customer service!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-18, 12:34 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I also got the promo for the Versa and have been considering it. I tend to prefer a smaller device since I have small wrists, which made me pass on the blaze. I like the idea of water resistance so I would be able to use it to swim laps, but not sure I swim enough to make it worth the change. I have had my charge 2 for almost 3 years without any problems and it has the features I use the most at this point. I think I bought it close to when itcame out to replace the Charge which had a terrible design so I couldn’t wait to dump it. I don’t expect a fitness tracker to be 100% accurate, I use the stats as a gauge.

I’d love to hear opinions on the Versa once it’s out and people have had a chance to try it out. I’m afraid my device may be running on borrowed time and I’ll have to replace it with something, maybe an updated tracker. How long are they supposed to last anyway or do they just become obsolete?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 08:23 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I got an email from Fitbit yesterday. I guess they have a new Fitbit up for preorder. It's called the Versa, & it's a replacement for the Blaze (which I have now, along with 2 Fitbit ones.) It is priced at $199--& it does everything the new Ionic does except it doesn't have an independent GPS, it has a connected GPS.

I have read several articles that say Fitbit's sales of its fitness trackers are down, which is why they are releasing trackers that are more like a smart watch.
CNET review of Versa Part I. I'm waiting for Part II which will review the exercise features in comparison to the apple watch.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit