Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-16, 10:17 AM  
leigh1673

That's so cool - thank you for sharing!

It's like you were giving your body exactly what it needed, and it showed its gratitude with those great results!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 10:34 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I hurt my knee/leg 5 weeks ago and really was not able to walk without limping. I went to a regular md who gave me pain meds and a acupressure and message therapist who had a long list of what was wrong, and went for 5 treatments. anyway, for the last 5 weeks I only could do a seated workout and even. seated cardio workouts were painful,and I was a retired person who dedicated the morning to working out. so I did The Firm Upper body sculpt with janet Brooks ( the pose! the glamour!) every other day.seated on my high step. if they went to the floor I did something seated. I stuck with this because I memorized it, and could do the whole 35 minutes seated,and it seemed like a workout .I did add in Liz Gillies 10 minute pilates arms and I also did stretches.
not bragging-kind of amazed-My upper body looks amazing. Like the Firm-you have a swimmers body. I never worked my upper body so much, and I have gone down a size or 2! in bras and shirt. and My waist has returned. at 65!
well every cloud has a silver lining. I Never would do the same workout over and over. but I am so pleased with the results!
That's great! I had a similar experience a few years ago. I was having lower body issues so I focused on upper. I did the Firm Parts: Upper Body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Is there a preview for this any where? I go back in for more foot surgery next Thursday and need to stay on top of things this time
I don't know if you have Margaret Richards' Getting Better. It is a strength workout she made right after having foot surgery. I would recommend it highly:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2289

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 10:42 AM  
donnamp

flamingoo - I'm sorry you have to have more surgery, I hope you recover quickly!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 11:00 AM  
gladgirl

Wow...those are impressive results you are getting! Congratulations!
I also hope you get impressive results with your surgery and recover swiftly!
Best wishes to you!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 11:20 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
That's great! I had a similar experience a few years ago. I was having lower body issues so I focused on upper. I did the Firm Parts: Upper Body.

I don't know if you have Margaret Richards' Getting Better. It is a strength workout she made right after having foot surgery. I would recommend it highly:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2289

Funny you should mention this! I actually got it last time and forgot about it

Thanks Donna!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 12:26 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

dnna, that's great news.
Do we have a thread of seated/or "legless" workouts? If so, I or someone else can start one.

I have Baker's cyst, though since I'm just beginning PT, they want me to follow their program with no variation.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 02:58 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
dnna, that's great news.
Do we have a thread of seated/or "legless" workouts? If so, I or someone else can start one.

I have Baker's cyst, though since I'm just beginning PT, they want me to follow their program with no variation.
I'd love to see a list, too, if it exists. I can't bend my right knee yet, and I certainly can't get down on the floor. I'd love upper body or stetch workouts that can be done seated or standing (no leg movement require).
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 07:59 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Donna, thanks to your inspirational post I've pulled out this (and other BSS-1 and -2 workouts) to play with this snowy weekend. Fun!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 10:21 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
dnna, that's great news.

I'd be interested as well!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 10:29 AM  
sherry7899

This is the one I started when I badly sprained my ankle in 2014:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=seated

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote