Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-21, 07:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon as a break from my desk I did Lucy Wyndham Read's Summer Challenge Week # 2 - Day 1 - which was a 10 min cardio/tone plus an 8 min ab/waist routine. These are nice to add in as some extra activity during the day.

Today, so far, was Ellen - Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe.

Will try for a walk or more Lucy later.

This is my busiest time at work and I'm basically going crazy and sitting too much.

Carol - is the Caroline Sandry DVD called 30 Days Yoga & Pilates the same as the Chair Pilates program? Sometimes they get sneaky and re-name things, LOL! If it is, then I could just by the Chair Pilates program since I have the other 2 that are in the box set. I'm tempted by this b/c I like Caroline and there are so few DVD releases these days!! I still want to get Jenny's Walk Across America, too!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
No, Donna, this is a new DVD with new material.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 07:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

ePilates Half Hour Power - 31min. Intermediate and good!
JS 15 min Fat Burning Walk

I wanted to do Travis' Yoga Basics 3 this morning but he started in child's pose (which is great for my back) but then went into this story about "a wealthy but pompous man" blah, blah, blah and I just couldn't take it at 6am. Sometimes Travis gets really long winded with his stories and I just wish that he'd shut up already. I'll do this class for sure because his basic classes are really good but he talks too much!

Carol, thank you for your offer to send me Caroline's Flat Abs DVD to try. I've been looking at the clips and am contemplating buying her box set from Mary. I'm not familiar with her workouts but I do like the clips. Will probably pull the trigger this week. Thank you again for your generosity.

Waves to Donna, Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 05-18-21, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Carol!!

I get the feeling there may be a few 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates on the Share the Wealth!!

I have the 30 Day to Total Body tone digitally but I guess I could live w/ having a duplicate copy on DVD.

Dana - Oh my...I'm not sure I could handle all that either, and I have been known to workout w/ Pahla and Adriene!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 07:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am struggling a bit w/ my workouts - I just don't have the energy or motivation lately, I think it is b/c I just have a lot going on - work is busy/crazy and my mind is cluttered w/ a lot of items related to my DD going off to college - things to arrange, do, etc. which are mostly for her to do but as a parent you can't help but worry about it all, too. I know things will work themselves out, but just a lot of mind clutter about it.

Anyway as a result of those factors I just haven't been overly motivated to workout lately and w/ work being so busy right now I'm finding it hard to even carve out 20 min to do a short video or walk mid day.

Yesterday DD and I ended up taking a very short walk, so that was good. It is a darn shame I'm so busy b/c the weather this week has been perfect.

This morning, so far, I did:

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Upper Body Strength - this was tough - a lot of planks and push-ups! It was only 13 min so I wanted a little more and added on her 12 Min Core Conditioning which was also tough! I modified the Core work to move at a slower pace and even substituted some of the exercises.

Anyway it was nice to re-visit Adriene. I think I prefer her monthly calendars to her "challenges".

I looked at this playlist today:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qrciUPc9O6zkJG

She does a monthly playlist every month.

I hope to walk outdoors today or maybe get in another day of LWR's Summer Challenge.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-19-21, 07:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Pahla B - May #2 Belly Slimming Workout with Weights - 25 minutes; Caroline Sandry - Pilates for Posture - 10 minutes

Pahla's workout targeted strengthening the core area - lots of balance work - using weights. It was a little different from her regular weight workouts. I did some modifying for my poor hamstring. Caroline's workout targeted the upper back muscles - no modifications needed for sick hamstrings.

It's been raining all week here, which is nice. There's been some hail here and there, but we haven't had much at all at my house. It's the rainy season here - we will get all of our rain for the year, practically, in this 10 day period...

Back later - Donna - hang in there!

Carol
Old 05-19-21, 01:24 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

60 min. step

I haven't been brave enough to try the prednizone (yet!) but have been taking Aleve/Naproxen and can tell the difference, even when the meds wear off. Hopefully that will help enough that I won't need the heavy duty stuff.

Donna, hugs to you! Having adulting kids is hard!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 06:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout:

Caroline Jordan - Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain - 15 minutes;
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs: Standing Abs - 10 minutes
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

My hamstring is a little better. Having the cushion at work and at home to sit on has helped. Sitting in the car seat to get to work is a pain in the butt, literally.

Our idiotic Governor has issued an Executive Order prohibiting any city, town, public health authority or public school from requiring mask wearing. If you attempt to require mask wearing it's a $1,000 fine. Where is Mr. Roly Eyes when you need him? I think he's planning a run for President, or at least trying to get in good with the Trump voters here in Texas. For someone who supposedly believes in local control of government and hands-off governing, he's sure dictating from the top a lot...

Brenda - so glad your elbow is feeling better!

Donna - I hear you on crazy, busy workdays! It's been a madhouse at the School too. Give yourself a little grace - think of your workouts as just being mental health breaks - a little walking, yoga or pilates ought to be just fine.

Carol
Old 05-20-21, 07:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I started with Ellen's 7 Day DVD and wanted to do her 45m Fusion workout. I've had this set ever since it was released and I only did Mon & Tuesday so far because it's not my favorite. At the beginning of the DVD, Ellen went into this introduction and I couldn't get to the menu without listening to it all, so I stopped right there and put it back on the shelf. Then I thought that at least I can do Leslie and I randomly picked her 30 Day Walk DVD and lasted only 5 minutes before this one went back on the shelf.

I don't know why, but I feel so irritable nowadays with a very low tolerance for people and things. I own and/or subscribe to so many great workouts and nothing, but nothing appeals to me lately. I suspect that my irritation is partly due to 15+ hour days of daylight and hot weather. Starting today and for the next week we're looking at high 80s and I'm already miserable. So, I've done nothing today and just plan to wallow in my misery all day.

Thanks for listening. Waves to all!
Old 05-20-21, 10:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be brief today -it goes from bad to worse at work. I got notified at 8:00 a.m. about a presentation I needed to do at 1:00 p.m. and this is on top of my regular work.

And I worked until 9:00 p.m. last night.

Anyway - this morning I decided I needed to move a little bit and have a dose of positivity in my day so I did:

Pahla B - May Playlist - Day # 1- Happy Cardio Workout for Weight Loss - just a nice typical Pahla B cardio workout w/ a lot of positivity and encouragement.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Twist & Stretch

I think I want to add more yoga in - I haven't been consistent w/ yoga in a few years now...but I'm not sure which instructor I want to focus on or if I want to just bounce around....

I really enjoy Kassandra though! Adriene, I used to love, but lately I am not feeling it - I think I preferred her older videos...she seemed less serious or something back then.
And, I still want to go back to Erin Motz/Bad Yogi, too.

Dana - sorry your are irritable - I feel somewhat the same way - I think it is work and having a lot on my mind. I also feel like as much as I rebel against structure, I need some, so I probably need to figure out some sort of rotation/plan to follow.

Carol - yes - I agree - a little bit of a break from my normal exercise routine is not going to kill me - sometimes life gets unbalanced and you don't have the energy or time for everything. This is one of those times. Wow, on your governor. I mean, local jurisdictions should be able to make their own call on these things - and to FINE them?! Ridiculous. I'm so sick of the anti-maskers. I mean, masks aren't ideal, but I'm tired of hearing how they don't work - I mean - what about the decrease in flu this year? They must do something...I'm still going to wear mine when indoors/crowds, etc. even though MD has lifted the mask mandate for vaccinated people (although who knows who is and isn't vaccinated). At least our governor is not imposing finds on local jurisdictions who elect to have stricter requirements.

Brenda - I'm glad that you are seeing improvement. Those meds will take down the inflammation and maybe you won't need the big guns.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 05-21-21, 06:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were

Caroline Sandry - Total Body Tone: Core - 10 minutes;
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

Considering Caroline's workout was strictly core work, I didn't mind it one bit. I noticed that her Total Body Tone DVD - a part of the 3 DVD set - also has its own 30 Day rotation, with each day's scheduled routine accessible by clicking Day 1, Day 2, etc., much like her 30 Days to Flat Abs DVD does. I haven't noticed if the newest DVD in the set has its own self-contained 30 Day rotation like that.

My ex's nephew passed through town last night and it was awfully good to get to see him - first time in probably 18 months or so.

Dana - I never liked that 7 Day set from Ellen - her background exercisers looked bored to tears during the entire thing.
I'm sorry you are out of sorts these days. I wish I could prescribe a fix besides moving to a cave during the summer. How about some of Karen's short YouTube offerings?

Donna - Sorry work is being such a pain! You made a great choice if you were looking for exercise positivity - I can't think of anyone better than Pahla B for that. I am enjoying the simplicity of my workouts right now and I'm not feeling like I need to be doing more. I guess injuring oneself is good for something!

Carol