Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-12-21, 07:23 AM  
Helen

popping by with
ugh
DH left for the farm today
gym all nice and clean, setup with the new squat rack - DH edited the one he made me so the bar height is now on adjustable vertical arms - 5 different heights with peg holes
Went to do first workout tonight, and the TV won't work. Perhaps as it was moved - very gently - on the wheeled stand.

Now that all my vids HAVE been saved to iso file on external HDDs, thinking TV is old enough that even that gentle move could have been the nail in it's coffin.

So my mission whilst he's away is to find a new TV, doesn't need to be Smart as have ChromeCast, but would be very nice if it could play .iso files straight from the external, so no needing to burn any more. Still have DVD player for any NEW vids I get (like Cathe's that are coming).

Was all set ready to go with Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Strength with the unfortunate discovery was made - that was 3 hours ago.

Searched for error code, found instruction manual, been online......
IN the meantime, the old iMac that's been on my side desk can be moved up to the gym - not liking to play discs but happily plays the .iso files.

sigh.....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 07:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I'm here! I'm here!

Helen: Oh ... I'm so sorry. Nothing more frustrating than tech. My tv volume is stuck where it's at as the remote stopped working (not the battery) and I have not taken the time to fix it/investigate as I know it will take too long. I know you'll figure it out. I'm in awe of your tech skills!!!! Does make it a bummer though when you're all set to do a workout and must detour.

Lili: Thanks for always holding the fort down and checking in. Power Zone has a few different things to it. Right now they have reset everything and there are 2 Power Zone training plans. They are designed to be done in a specific order and they get unlocked as we go. THEN when it's over, we're supposed to get a badge. I'm working on Emma's "Crush Your Core" this time around and hope to earn the badge. Thinking about maybe doing a running one, for fun. We'll see. But there is also a theory to the PZ training (mostly endurance and in zones 2 & 3. ) but it also mixes it up with one MAX ride a week and one that goes between zones 3-5 or 6. I think if they're talking about the order, it's probably the programs. They also added a second program. So it's not just "Discover Your Power Zones" but an additional one. I am the crazy person who gets the most out of Power Zone rides. The other ones? Seem too willy nilly and much like spin classes. (which is what most people like.) Don't get me wrong - I enjoy them for "fun" or "get me moving" rides, but they are not like "Training" like the PZ rides are. But to each their own! They've added Ben Alldis as an instructor and I like him! Power zone rides remind me most of my beloved Spinervals. So it's a win/win.

To further the PZ topic - our group that branched out designs their own. Incorporating the same type of training plans but using 2 pz rides a week and then introducing us to other instructors. TBH, I hung in there as long as I could (5 weeks) but bagged the last week as the rides didn't give me joy. This next challenge (which starts on Monday) is designed as mostly power zone rides and we can substitute a ride or two should we want variety. AT least that's how it was presented. I'll find out for sure on Monday. LOVE My group and the time & effort the admins put in to making it so much fun and successful.

Ok, back to the comments and check in.

Waves to Pam, SusanP, Kay and anyone else who may be lurking.

On to my favorite topic: ME, ME and ALL ME:

5/9/2021: 15 mins. country ride w/Ally, 45 minutes 2 for 1 ride - Mother's Day ride (Jenn Sherman and Alex), 15 mins. Low Impact Ride w/Brad, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

5/10/2021: 60 mins. tread bootcamp w/Matty, 20 mins. Reflection ride with CDE, 10 mins. core

5/11/2021: AM.: 20 minutes Cardio Intervals Row with Mike PM: 45 mins. PZ Ride with CDE, 5 mins. Post ride stretch, 5 mins. Crush your Core with Emma

That's it. Have to get chores done.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 10:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello, I’m just not doing a good job of keeping up with two check-ins these days....

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 02:10 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/12 - Gina B's Boy Bands Mash Up, Youtube
Peloton: 30 Min. Classic Rock Ride w/ Denis
10 Min. Yoga Focus: Hips (this felt really good!)

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 04:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Pam: Love the new avatar! so peaceful. I can barely keep up with one check in - let alone 2. Good to see you!

Lili: Boy Band Mash up? Was this a walking video? For some reason the title made me smile.

Waves to Helen and all lurkers.

My low(er) energy week continues! Go figure. That's alright though as the new challenge with my group starts on Monday. They are mixing it up with 3 teams this time. and they are (after taking a poll) doing all power zone rides and they will have some swaps should we want a little variety (I doubt I do.) I figure I'll get busy then.

My mood is reflected in my workouts. 'nuff said!

5/12/2021: 20 mins. Run/Walk program with Becs Gentry (started the Running program - it's 2x a week for 8 weeks. Can we say badge?) 10 mins. Emma's Crush your Core. 20 minutes all about Mom Row and 5 mins. Hip flexor stretch

5/13/2021: 20 mins. reflection ride
with Christine. (A new "gentle" series she's doing - no badge involvement, just quiet reflection ride.)

That's it for me. Off to get something in before work.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 05-14-21, 07:37 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/13 - dog walk
Cathe's Bodyweight & Bands, but I skipped the Cardio Crush on the rotation. This was the first time I've done this workout and I really liked it! Glad I pre-ordered the new bands and workouts.
rebounding on my own.

Cleda - yes, the Boy Bands was a walking/dance workout. I'll have to look into the walk/run program. I was advised by my orthopedist to only run once a week, but if they are short, I think I can handle twice a week. I'm not a badge person, but I do like structure. A lot of the time I pick my ride by intensity (8 or lower) and playlist. The PZ rides I've tried are more to my liking, but I don't have a way to measure output, so I often feel like I'm missing something. Like I said, I like structure!
Pam - thanks for stopping by and I also love the new Avatar!
Helen - sending you positive vibes to make up for hubby heading to the farm! Good luck with the new TV.

Old 05-15-21, 06:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Still low energy

And only doing a.m. workouts and not leaving enough time for them. Not sure what is going on. This too shall pass. And a new challenge starts on Monday, so I'll at least up my game a little bit for the challenge if nothing else!!

5/14/2021: 20 mins. row, 5 mins. Emma's crush your core.

Lots on the docket today. I have to complete a couple of workouts for the badge requirements for this week. So at least I have structure!

Lili:
Part of the reason I LOVE the peloton is the metrics you speak of. When I do the power zone rides, I'm in my glory. Anything else? Kinda willy nilly. But that's my style. Hard to justify $1800 if one is not going to do Power zone Training! AND ... was that band workout of Cathe's on dvd? I think I've gotten most of her sets, never opened 1/2 of them and am curious if I own it. I have and have done her travel fit one (which uses a long band) and from what I remember? It was good. this is also the reason I probably will never buy a Hydrow. It needs to be connected to the internet to work and even though I sort of have my metrics on my computer (that I can't really totally figure out?) I'm happy with it.

Waves to all ....
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 05-15-21, 11:05 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - we all have low energy days, be kind to yourself. The Cathe workout was from the LITE series, fairly recent. Even though this is my second time trying the rotation for this series, the band workout doesn't show up until day 14 and I didn't make it that far before. I have the Travel Fit, but never tried it. I may have to pull that out. Your Peloton bike has definitely been a worthwhile investment for you!

5/14 - 2.5 mile dog walk
Day 1 Run/Walk program
KCM's Stepboxing (this kicked my butt, but I enjoyed it)

Old 05-15-21, 08:15 PM  
Helen

Sunday, mid-morning.

LILI
KCM's Stepboxing is FAST - buddy tried it once and quit very shortly into it - due to the pace.
____
Your new Cathe's have ARRIVED?!?! (oops - reread it, and it was Bodyweight & Bands) - but it did prompt me to contact Nancy as my order doesn't appear on my account, even though I have received the confirmation email.
____
What's the Run/Walk programme?
____

CLEDA
Hope nothing in your life is awry to be causing the low energy - it's so unusual for you. ((hugs))
_____
Cathe's Body Weight & Bands is from LITE - linked for you.

PAM
Know the feeling of not keeping up - thanks for popping in though - good to see you.

So....
Moved the old iMac up to the gym with a spare tiny/slim USB DVD drive that the computer can play from. Blue-Tooth mouse serves as remote & the volume is plenty loud enough without adding a boom speaker, though we have a rarely used one of those too. Shall see how it goes whilst DH is away, and maybe not bother replacing the TV, give the old iMac a new purpose in life.

Haven't done much - schlumped without DH & the TV dying, AAAnnd we've had a cold snap but the A/C also isn't working - the house is very needy and things seem to happen when DH goes away.

Saturday
51min, Cathe - Hardcore - Kick Max - Cardio Leg Sculpt Mix
which was hard.

As mentioned above, weather turned decidedly wintery, but it's clear & sunny - just cold with a breezy chill factor. Nothing a jacket won't fix.

Sunday
60min, Alice walk, to the beach, there's a surfing competition on this weekend - people everywhere, and also because it's such a lovely day out, just a bit crisp.
45min, Cathe - Body Max 2 - Upper Body Weights Chptr Mix, with buddy
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 08:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: Thanks for the link. I have to organize my videos and my life. I found one of the LITE series, so I'm guessing i have that one. Just don't know where. Eeee gads. (organization is NOT my strong suit!) but now I know what i'm looking for. My low energy will pass. I think it's life/covid weary. This too shall pass! (and a new challenge begins on Monday. Routines always help me.)

Sounds like the IMac will get new life and you solved your tech problem! Good for you!

Lili: I loved KCM's different dvds and your chatter about them (with Helen of course!) makes me want to pull them out. Maybe I need to mix things up? Who knows. Thank you for your kind words. Yes. we all are entitled to have low energy times and mine will come back.

After looking through some of the dvds looking for the Lite series? I need to do some dvds. Good grief. AND NOT BUY ANY MORE. Which honestly? i've been really good about (except for Cathe's pre order). Too many workouts, not enough time. It's a great battle cry to have.

5/15/2021: 20 mins. Hydrow Breathe row (with Nick), then decided to revisit Shane Farmer from Dark Horse Rowing on you tube. I learned to row with him and it's kinda like going home, so I did a 20 minute "Chill Row" with him. Which is kinda weird, since it was at a stroke rate of 18 for the WHOLE workout. although it's CHILL, it's NOT easy. But it's great for form and focus. So I was glad to do it. It was all to classical music and Shane did not talk AT ALL. Not an intro, not an ending. Zero, zip ... classical music, words on the screen saying "18 stroke rate" and THAT WAS IT ..... I followed it up with : 20 mins. run/walk with Jess King (part of that program I'm doing) and then followed that with 30 mins. Kendall's Mental Health Ride. (that had a section of arms in it). 5 minutes Emma Stretch (to fulfill the week's program.)

This is about the make it or break it time during 4 week programs. The 2 week mark when I feel like, "Eh ... I'm tired of doing this." NOT THIS TIME. I will continue. The core workouts ramp up this week (but none more than 15 mins. - most are 10 mins.) and I'm ready for it. The running program? Only 2 runs a week and I can squeeze that in. I knew if I stopped my mile a day (which I did .... ) that my running would drop off. So 2x a week is the BARE minimum to keep me going. I can do this. Oh and of course! there's badges involved (thank goodness).

New challenge with my break away group starts tomorrow. The list is posted, so technically? I can do a ride today if I want. Not sure I want to. I like riding with my friends! And again, it's only 4 rides with a bonus ride. That's easy peasy. And they are all Power Zone rides this time. (one substitute should I choose to do so -- and I might.) but anyway ... it's all good and I need to stay focused. These challenges help me do that.

My days of willy nilly workouts are done for now. They will be (even more) structured. I have the challenge, my core program, my running program and my rowing. I'll decide in 2 weeks what I'm going to do for June.

Ok, off to exercise.
Make it a great day.
Cleda