Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-21, 10:02 PM  
bfit

Is there anything else like Pahla B low impact aerobics?

I'm just getting back into aerobics after a long time with a broken foot. I have to do low impact -- probably forever at this point. For some reason I am not able to do Leslie Sansone "walking" with much confidence, and moving side to side is also kind of hard for me. I like the Pahla B You Tube workouts where she stands in one place and does big arm and leg movements like "toy soldier" kicks and can can kicks and things like that. Are there other workouts like that?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Maybe try Lucy Wyndham Read....also on You Tube. She offers modifications for low impact on a split screen and her workouts remind me of both Pahla's and Slim Series/Slim in 6.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 03:09 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Maybe try Lucy Wyndham Read....also on You Tube. She offers modifications for low impact on a split screen and her workouts remind me of both Pahla's and Slim Series/Slim in 6.
Donna, I've only recently been learning about Pahla B and plan on soon starting her Weight Loss Challenge/Program/whatever it's called. Her e-books make so much sense to me. I've also been listening to her Q&A.

I never got around to trying out Slim Series/Slim in 6, and have often hesitated - not sure if I'll like it or not. I have so much to choose from already. The older that I get, the harder it is for me to lose weight. It's mostly diet anyway, or, should I say, at my age (53), all diet.

Thank you for posting about Lucy Wyndham Read. It's the first time I've heard about her.
Old 02-18-21, 04:00 PM  
Gams

I just checked out a Pahla B workout- does she ever use music? She sure can talk!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 04:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I just checked out a Pahla B workout- does she ever use music? She sure can talk!
I want to like her, but the constant talking and lack of music is a deal breaker for me.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 04:36 PM  
bfit

She never uses music, and she does talk - although I get the sense that her talk is "sincere" if that makes sense. I found her a few months ago when all I could do was chair exercise because I had a broken foot, and her chair workouts were a life saver. I guess I got used to the lack of music and her chatter. I plan on using her non-chair workouts as sort of a transition back into "regular" aerobics although I am supposed to stick with low impact from now on and it's going to be hard to find things that get my heart rate up.
Old 02-18-21, 04:50 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I want to like her, but the constant talking and lack of music is a deal breaker for me.
When I first found her, I didn't care much for endless chatter either, but she has grown on me. I love her free e-books and have found them to be so encouraging. This recent thread is what got me into Pahla B. Donna and Carol's posts resonated with me.
Old 02-18-21, 05:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Honestly, I expected the constant chatter and the lack of music would be total deal breakers for me, but they have not been. I have found the workouts enjoyable and efficient; when I go too long without doing one of Pahla's workouts, I start to miss her. All very surprising to me.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 05:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
She never uses music, and she does talk - although I get the sense that her talk is "sincere" if that makes sense. I found her a few months ago when all I could do was chair exercise because I had a broken foot, and her chair workouts were a life saver. I guess I got used to the lack of music and her chatter. I plan on using her non-chair workouts as sort of a transition back into "regular" aerobics although I am supposed to stick with low impact from now on and it's going to be hard to find things that get my heart rate up.
Oh, I think Pahla's low impact stuff can get your heart rate up. She does a lot of stuff while holding your hands over your head.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 06:20 PM  
bfit

Yes, I think Pahla's workouts do get my heart rate up, especially if you do the big arm movements the way she does and do everything with good form. I'm just hoping that as I recover I can branch out and do more than that, but I'm not sure what it will be. Just about all of the DVDs I have are "mixed impact".

Tags
low impact aerobics, pahla bowers