Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-18, 04:52 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I saw this thread and checked out Sarah's YouTube workouts. I liked them, but found them a tad bit intense for me. I was fortunate to acquire this Prevention set in a trade. I have done most of the workouts and really like them! there are 6- 20 minute workouts and
4- 5 minutes ones (I think). Two workouts are bodyweight/ light weights and towel. I like her use of the towel! She incorporates nice moves to work your core. Two of the workouts are more weight oriented. Finally the last two have a bit of cardio and weights. I think this may be my favorite Prevention set. the 20 minutes fly by.
If you like her YouTube workouts but want something a little less intense, these are great!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 05:22 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks JulieL!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 06:38 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Found the instructor Sara Kusch on Youtube (she's on Grokker too, lots of HIIT workouts). Here's a free workout called "30 Minutes of Intensity":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_rx...m7YLoE5k1cBw5N
in which she says things like "I know I'm breathing hard - get over it!" followed by "If you're not, you're not working hard enough". (okayyy)

A little too Jillian Michaels for my current taste but I'm sure she'll suit many others. Enjoy!
Sara is in a lot of Paul Katami workouts posted on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9UxsP8Ww8
plus Paul's kettebell, also on youtube.
Old 10-03-18, 06:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I saw this thread and checked out Sarah's YouTube workouts. I liked them, but found them a tad bit intense for me. I was fortunate to acquire this Prevention set in a trade. I have done most of the workouts and really like them! there are 6- 20 minute workouts and
4- 5 minutes ones (I think). Two workouts are bodyweight/ light weights and towel. I like her use of the towel! She incorporates nice moves to work your core. Two of the workouts are more weight oriented. Finally the last two have a bit of cardio and weights. I think this may be my favorite Prevention set. the 20 minutes fly by.
If you like her YouTube workouts but want something a little less intense, these are great!
Could you list the names of the workouts?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 07:07 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

20 minute workouts:
Fit and Firm foundations
Tighten and Tone Basics
Total Body Tone
Sweat and Strengthen
Power Sculpt
Fat Burning Fix
5 minute: Standing core stability, Full Body recharge, Tension Tamer, Belly Burn

Old 10-03-18, 07:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
20 minute workouts:
Fit and Firm foundations
Tighten and Tone Basics
Total Body Tone
Sweat and Strengthen
Power Sculpt
Fat Burning Fix
5 minute: Standing core stability, Full Body recharge, Tension Tamer, Belly Burn
Thanks!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Juliel - thank you for your thoughts- I have been in a major workout rut and may think about purchasing this set - I feel that I need to try something new! I did watch some of her You tube clips and they do look a bit too high impact and jumpy for me - are these more reasonable in terms of impact?

Thanks!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 09:22 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

hi Donna! I felt these were like the YouTube exercises, but with less impact. I think you can really modify this set as needed. you can used no weights, lighter, or heavier. I also think her personality is more toned down in this set. I like her use of the towel too!

Old 10-05-18, 09:58 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Juliel - maybe I need something like this to spark my interest in working out again. I prefer shorter workouts these day - no longer than 45 minutes - and that is pushing it!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 11:24 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

the 20 minute length is nice. they go by quickly and you can easily do another workout or not! this set has been a nice spark for me. I hope you find something that works for you!

Tags
prevention, sarah kusch, toning transformation