Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-18-21, 05:33 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

So before getting down to business, some "good" news regarding my cat, Riley. Tests came back from Texas A&M and it doesn't look like there's anything wrong with her pancreas. That's great and means no change of diet or an enzyme protocol added to her food. Her B12 was low. So first step is to give her B12 shots weekly for 4 weeks then once a month. Should this not help, we will pursue more tests to hopefully get to the bottom. Luckily, I have plenty of experience giving shots, meds, etc. to animals so I will be administering the B12 to her.

The bad news from yesterday was we were outside doing yard work, my husband was laying down ant blocks and came running to the front to tell me there were 3 dead "rats" along the back edge of the house. He is very, very squeamish. I came around and it was actually 3 baby bunnies that were obviously attacked by an animal. There are 2 cats I've seen wandering my back yard and yesterday at 6am I saw a huge tuxedo cat meandering around. I'm assuming it was he/she because the babies had puncture wounds that looked like cat teeth. I took care of laying them to rest. This is why my cats are indoor only with a screen porch. I want them safe and the wildlife safe.

On to the fun stuff!
Morning:
Pushups
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution Full Body Strength and abs
Yoga (Kassandra)

In the afternoon, I was feeling energetic so I gave a new DVD a shot - Linda Wooldridge. I think it was a 50 rep workout and sadly, I have to say she is not for me. I then did another Yoga with Kassandra.

Answers to comments:
donnamp - Yes! That's the first program she sold. It's 16 weeks (with the Tier2 add on, which I believe was included) and it's really a great practice. I credit that program for bringing me back from my piriformis injury last year. I'm semi-following it again now. Usually, when I say I did yoga, it's either Erin's or Fightmaster yoga.

SummerBreeze - Thanks! I try to be super consistent because I can very easily fall off the wagon. Now as I'm getting older, I realize it's even more important.

Have a great day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 07:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon as a break from my desk I did Lucy Wyndham Read's Summer Challenge Week # 2 - Day 1 - which was a 10 min cardio/tone plus an 8 min ab/waist routine. These are nice to add in as some extra activity during the day.

Today, so far, was Ellen - Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe.

Will try for a walk or more Lucy later...this is my busiest time at work and I'm just basically going crazy and sitting too much.

Diane - thanks for the info on Erin's program. You know, I have had this nagging thing going on w/ my hip - I'm not 100% sure what it is - could be SI, could be piriformis, could be sciatica...could be hip flexor...I wonder if Erin's program would be the ticket to helping it heal. I just need to do one practice, right LOL?! That program looks good - is it 5 days per week w/ 2 days off? I'm glad your cat is ok - and I hope she improves w/ the B12. The poor bunnies - I have two dogs - a Lab (who is quite elderly now) and a Golden (who is getting up there in years but still plenty active) - and I'm always afraid they will catch something in our yard. When my Golden was younger she did catch a bird right out of the air - I ended up having to take the bird to a wildlife center to rehab. The squirrels manage to climb trees to get away from her but I do worry about bunnies as I have seen a few of them lately in our yard....

Pat - I hope you are healing well!

Summer Breeze - yes, the weather is nice!! It is going to get to be "summer" here by the end of the week w/ 90 degree weather....

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

47 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today, big surprise . I keep hoping I'll add on some MR, no reason not to, she's so non-dread and I enjoy her workouts. I don't know what the problem is.

DIANE, I hope the B12 shots are helpful and solve the problem for Riley. Poor bunnies. I've tried so many times to like Linda Wooldridge's workouts and I just can't.

DONNA, hang in there through this busy work time. Ugh.

PAT, thinking of you. Sending good healing thoughts.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 12:32 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hi, and do some reading at VF to motivate me to get moving again. I'm going to get out there and enjoy some of this glorious day! I'm following the doc's restrictions but seriously need to get out for some walks and a little yoga on my back. Hmm, maybe some beginner level barre?

Donna, was your Kathy Smith yoga the one with Rod Stryker? He is such a yoga hunk. I love those old classics and will never get rid of my Kathy Smith, Jane Fonda, etc. DVDs.

Diane, I'm a Kassandra fan too, and SarahBeth Yoga too. She has lots of short offerings. I've never been able to take a shine to Linda W., either. Good luck giving Riley her shots and I hope they are just the ticket. The poor bunnies.

I hope you had a wonderful walk today Summer Breeze. Fingers crossed your "Margaret block" disappears soon.

Sigh, today is my last day of freedom - back to the office tomorrow.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am struggling a bit w/ my workouts - I just don't have the energy or motivation lately, I think it is b/c I just have a lot going on - work is busy/crazy and my mind is cluttered w/ a lot of items related to my DD going off to college - things to arrange, do, etc. which are mostly for her to do but as a parent you can't help but worry about it all, too. I know things will work themselves out, but just a lot of mind clutter about it.

Anyway as a result of those factors I just haven't been overly motivated to workout lately and w/ work being so busy right now I'm finding it hard to even carve out 20 min to do a short video or walk mid day.

Yesterday DD and I ended up taking a very short walk, so that was good. It is a darn shame I'm so busy b/c the weather this week has been perfect.

This morning, so far, I did:

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Upper Body Strength - this was tough - a lot of planks and push-ups! It was only 13 min so I wanted a little more and added on her 12 Min Core Conditioning which was also tough! I modified the Core work to move at a slower pace and even substituted some of the exercises.

Anyway it was nice to re-visit Adriene. I think I prefer her monthly calendars to her "challenges".

I looked at this playlist today:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qrciUPc9O6zkJG

She does a monthly playlist every month.

I also like Kassandra and Sarah Beth -and I do like Adriene as well even though she is hit or miss for a lot of people.

Pat - I'm sorry today is your "Moan" day - how are your eyes doing? I agree I really like those "classic" workouts!!! Rod did a voiceover in the one I did on Sunday - I think he is on-screen in the New Yoga Challenge practice, which is really a tough one!!

Waves, Summer Breeze, Diane, Gypsy Rose and Christina!

I hope to walk outdoors today or maybe get in another day of LWR's Summer Challenge.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 08:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm back at the office so it's a Double Moan Day. However, I had a very nice little walk at the beach yesterday evening. The weather was perfect and I rested on benches here and there to observe the egrets, cormorants, osprey flying overhead, etc.

Amazing how fast the pants get tight though! Admittedly, I indulged in some comfort food. It will be good to be back on a schedule. Knock on wood, my new eye is doing well!

Donna - Rod has a really nice meditation on one of Kathy's yoga DVDs. In addition to being a hunk - that voice! You're tempting me to reactivate my Glo subscription, he has some practices there.

Waves to everyone!
Old 05-19-21, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

Planning the same for today. I'm going to have to start transitioning my walks to the morning because it's been getting pretty warm by the afternoon lately. I'm not complaining though that's for sure!

PAT, so glad the eye is doing well (knock wood) and you got out for a lovely beach walk. Continued well wishes for your recovery.

DONNA, I'm sure you'll find your motivation again soon when things settle in your mind a little. You're doing fine with yoga and walks for now.

Now you all have me wanting to look up Rod Stryker. I've heard the name but I need to see for myself now

Waves to DIANE, ROSE & CHRISTINA!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 09:45 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Well, as usual for Upstate NY weather, we go from winter straight into summer. Today will be 85 degrees and I actually turned on the A/C last night. We cannot keep our windows widely opened because I'm always afraid the cats will push into the screen and fall out. It happened at our townhouse in downstate NY.

Yesterday's workout - Cardio day:
40 minute Elliptical
Short Kassandra practice
10 mile bike ride along the Hudson.
Short Kassandra practice in the afternoon to stretch out those biking muscles.

Today's workout:
Pushups
Margaret Richard's Beauty to the Bone - Workout A & B I think - upper and lower body
Bad Yogi's Newest Yoga practice (releases on Wednesdays) - Hip flexors and psoas. It was yummy!
More yoga this afternoon.

Donna - I'm wondering if it's your piriformis because that's what I had and brought me to Bad Yogi consistently. I was running, felt some burning pain, stopped far later than I should have. I basically couldn't do anything but yoga. Erin's yoga practices are so balanced and if something doesn't work, you do what's comfortable. As for Riley, we're picking up her Vit B12 today plus a gastric antibiotic as her white blood cell count was on the high side. We should know in about a month before we take any more steps. She's 14.... Yes - the bunnies. Late yesterday afternoon, there was a lone bunny sitting in my yard, just looking towards the side of the house where we found them. Broke my heart to think it could be the mom. Nature is nature and sometimes cruel I guess.

Summer Breeze - Thanks for your words on Riley and the bunnies. Going to go pick up her meds in a bit and get her started. We should know in a month.

Pat I'm actually really liking Kassandra too! I haven't done too much Sarah Beth but I am subscribed to a million yoga channels and I'll get there! Riley has been a difficult cat since we adopted her 12 years ago. She's so not mellowing with age but thankfully she's easy to medicate. I'm so hoping the B12 works and we don't have to think about the next steps, which could be extremely costly and, at her age, I'm just not anxious to put her through more tests, etc. My poor husband is freaked out because the bunnies have been wrapped up (triple wrapped) and in the trash can as we couldn't bury them (no shovel!). We both despise gardening so the less tools we have, the less we have to do. He says he's weirded out going in the garage! Squeamish man!

With all that said, have a wonderful day everyone. Waves and lots of smiles to everybody!

Diane
Old 05-20-21, 07:35 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

Quick update on my cat, Riley - started her on an antibiotic for her possible GI infection (flagyl). Because it's nasty tasting, my vet suggested to lightly coat it in margarine and make sure I place it as far back in her throat so it goes down. Also, I gave her the first of 6 B-12 injections - one per week for 6 weeks. I'm thankful that's she an easy going cat when it comes to doing things like this. Otherwise, she's a wild banshee!

Workout for today:
Cardio day so did a Jenny Ford 42 minute step workout
Short yoga with Kassandra

Depending on how I feel this afternoon, may add another short, quick cardio plus yoga.

Have a great day, everyone! We're headed to the Berkshires today for a little sightseeing and walking!

Diane
Old 05-20-21, 07:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! I had an awful headache after work - brain on overload adjusting to my new vision. I took a nap and made myself go for a walk around the 'hood. It was worth it - stopped to enjoy three different mockingbird serenades, and saw a sweet bunny rabbit. Almost 7,000 steps for the day.

I picked up a pair of readers so that should help with the small print things.

Diane, you must have a magic touch with giving meds to Riley. i saw a funny meme on Facebook - several statues of Hercules wrestling with the lion, and it's captioned "Hercules gives his cat a pill." Good workouts for you and nice yoga.

Summer Breeze, I hope you see some fun things on your summer morning walks. That's the best time for bird sightings. Plus, you got it done!

Good morning to Donna and anyone else who visits today.

Tags
jim fixx