Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-21, 07:26 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - In spring, you can count 136 kinds of weather in 24 hours. May 16

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 07:38 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm not sure where this weekend has gone. Yesterday was the family birthday celebration. We went over to Mom and Dad's for Mexican food and strawberry shortcake. It was a nice afternoon.

Today will be catch-up day around the house. I need to put things away and change the sheets on our bed.

Anita - We don't really get pottery to sit around. We have some that we have gotten over the years - most of it gifts - but we use a high percentage of our pottery. We got a soap dispenser, two spoon rests, and a long plate/dish that we'll likely use as bread tray. An anti-mask, anti-vaccine nephew posted on Facebook that he "identifies as vaccinated". A lot of people who haven't cooperated want to live like they're vaccinated. Like you said, it's a reason to continue to carry masks and we will.

Paula - We committed to come to LA for the wedding, so I'll let you know the details once we have them. I'd love to meet up with you, if it works out. We want to come and spend enough time to vacation around the wedding. We are in such a habit with hand washing and distancing and will probably continue a lot of those habits. This was the first year I didn't have something that turned into a sinus infection and I had the same thoughts about hygiene.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-16-21, 07:56 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We are going to be gone a couple of weekends at the end of May / beginning of June for a visit to DH's family in WV. I thought this might be a good time to store up some more themes. Here are the last couple of themes I've already listed that haven't been used and a few more:

Crone Cronies - It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up. 5/xx

Crone Cronies - We owe a debt to our fallen heroes that we cannot fully repay. May 30

Crone Cronies wish that Beach Therapy was covered by Health Insurance. June xx

Crone Cronies - Summer's defining scent is definitely the smell of barbecue. June xx

Crone Cronies - You can retire, but you can’t retire from being great! June xx

Crone Cronies - What do you call someone who’s happy on Mondays? Retired! June xx

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-16-21, 07:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura!

I'll be doing some more garden work and entertaining Gus in a park walk today - nothing formally scheduled for today. I've finished the beds on the ground in my back yard now and can start on the raised beds with weeding - some areas need it badly . I don't know if it's the weather, my garden work, or my hormones calming down, but my sleep the last several days has been wonderful!

Laura, glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration with your family . I should wash my sheets also - Gus has been doing a lot of rolling in my grass, then comes in and rolls in my bed - in the sheets! Laundry on my list today also.

Paula, I don't understand why my SIL is such a protestor for this vaccine - she used to be a nurse! She's not limiting her social contact either as I see pictures posted on FB of parties with 20+ people in the house. Sigh... I just hope her elderly father either got vaccinated or is in limited contact with her. I had gotten the flu vaccine last fall also - just glad the masks and less contact made the flu less of a hazard this year.

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 08:19 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Groceries and packing made up the day. We leave tomorrow, I'll be back Wednesday or Thurday depending upon how tired I am.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. I'd like to see you too. Do you know where you will be - in LA proper or in the environs? I live south of LA in Orange County, about 35 + miles outside downtown LA. If you have access to a car, maybe we could meet somewhere outside the city center? Do you know what you want to do while you are here? Your nephew and Anita's SIL show why the honor system on stating who is vaccinated isn't going to work.

Anita, I don't understand why so many people protest this vacine either. At the moment CA hasn't adopted the CDC guidelines but I suspect they will soon. Cal Occupational Safety & Health (Cal OSHA) will be meeting 5/20 to discuss worker safety and will make a recommendation to the Govenor after that. So for the immediate future CA is supposed to continue masking and social distancing. From what I say today grocery shopping it seemed as though everyone was complying but my community has been remarkedly commpliant all along - I know that is not true throughout CA. We're definately taking masks when we leave tomorrow and we have photocopies of our vaccination record in our wallets.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 07:19 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, meeting with the lady placing kids from Europe here for the school year, working in the garden distributing mulch and doing more weeding, and playing Spades this evening.

Laura, I didn't see your note regarding future titles till this morning - thanks!

Paula, enjoy your trip! Our city and Minneapolis still have mask requirements, which makes sense considering the density of people and how many haven't gotten vaccinated yet. I hope the countryside is less of a hazard for the Covid so maybe that's why they can go maskless. I've got my vaccination card in my car in case it's ever needed anywhere, but I'm not seeing showing your card as a requirement anywhere.

Anita
Old 05-17-21, 08:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had a training session this morning with someone I hadn't seen in a while. Her mother had a critical health issue and is now recuperating, so my student is back. This afternoon, I went to the chiropractor, Whole Foods, and picked up prescriptions. This evening, I started packing (one box) for the WV trip next week. It was less wanting to get started packing and more I already had something out I want to take and, instead of putting it up, I packed it in a box.

Guess what I did yesterday! If you guess booking a trip - airline, hotel, and rental car - to the Los Angeles area, you'd be right! I'm so excited. We'll be there from July 20 - 28. Paula, we will be staying in the Pasadena area, not in the downtown area. Yesterday, I finally figured out the geography of the trip. The wedding will be in Azusa.

The state government lifted the mask mandate here, but most businesses still require masks. At least in this area. People in the suburbs are pretty good. It's probably not like that out in the countryside.

Anita - You're welcome for the themes. Oh, why bother with washing the sheets? Gus will just roll on the clean ones, too, and they won't be clean any more.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-18-21, 07:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'll be taking Gus for a nice long walk today - yesterday was a short one, but I saw lots of ducks, geese, birds (an oriole for the first time!), and Gus got to see two muskrats! He's happy about that . I did talk with the leader of the international student housing and got some good info about that. Also finished putting out the mulch - yay! Even remembered to play Spades last night (luckily finished mulching twelve minutes before 5:00 and checked my computer!)! It was a good day. Today I'll take Gus to a longer path in the parks and just putz around - do some weeding in two beds I haven't gotten to so far - it might rain this afternoon. Otherwise putzing.

Laura, yay on getting your trip booked! Yeah, it's confusing on the masks - Saint Paul is requiring them, I shop in the suburb north of here at Target, which isn't requiring them - I'll still have the mask in my pocket just in case its needed. Glad you were able to teach your client again!

Anita
Old 05-18-21, 07:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. I had two Excel training sessions, one at 9:00 a.m. and one at 4:00 p.m. In between, I did some cooking for DH and took him to a chiropractor appointment. I seem to have a lot of training sessions this week.

Anita - I hope Gus enjoyed his long walk. It's good you remembered your game.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-19-21, 06:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on working with ducklings this morning, may stop by the grocery store on the way home, and planning a walk with Gus - it's supposed to be a rainy morning then getting drier this afternoon. I've got two big buckets of weeds to take to the compost site also - got a lot done yesterday!

Laura, hope you're enjoying teaching your lessons - still Zooming for those? Hope today is a good day for you!

Anita