Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-15-21, 06:02 AM  
IceQueen07

This morning I did one of the new KCM Raw Workouts - Heavy weight bootcamp. I really liked this one. It is over an hour and I will probably only do occasionally, but a really great one. It is upper, lower and abs. You can go heavy because it is only 8 reps each move for three sets. Kelly uses 25, 15 and 12s.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 07:30 AM  
buffmama

Thanks to the mention of new RAW workouts I did the 30 min step. it was step with some boxing moves. I think there were 4 combos, each combo had 4 moves that she slowly builds up. A favorite? No. But good. I have the short boxing bookmarked to add on when I need some cardio.
Old 05-15-21, 08:21 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Thanks to the mention of new RAW workouts I did the 30 min step. it was step with some boxing moves. I think there were 4 combos, each combo had 4 moves that she slowly builds up. A favorite? No. But good. I have the short boxing bookmarked to add on when I need some cardio.
I love her boxing ones. Have you tried the boxing finisher one? I do that a lot when I want extra cardio.

**Candice**
Old 05-16-21, 03:22 AM  
bex

Yesterday I was still in the hotel gym, so went for Caroline Girvan's Strong & Lean Series Day 3 - Glute & Hamstring, which is also body weight only. Strong & Lean Quad Focused Leg Workout had Bulgarian split lunges and I just couldn't summon the mental fortitude for those.

As it turned out, this is a slow steady mat workout, and by Caroline's standards, quite easy. Certainly hits the glutes from all angles but not as tough as Tonique mat work.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 09:08 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I love her boxing ones. Have you tried the boxing finisher one? I do that a lot when I want extra cardio.
I think I have that one slated for Monday. Along with a stretch from growingananas that bex recommended in General Discussion.

Today was EPIC II Day 30 Tempo Training with Isometric Holds. My left forearm is sore! Never had that happen before, the muscle spasmed and slowly seems be to loosening up. Didn't love or hate this workout. I feel like I'm ready for a break. Tomorrow is a rest day.
Old 05-17-21, 01:25 PM  
manleym

Just popping in to say hi and that I'm still reading this thread, just haven't had as much time to post. We're going on a trip soon, so I've started a playlist on Youtube for no equipment workouts that can be done while traveling. Thanks for the recommendations and Bex I hope you are having a good trip!

Has anyone seen the 4 week kettlebell rotation 2Lazy recently posted? The two primary trainers are Caroline and Heather, but there are a couple from Linda@Barlates and Yvette Bachman. It's nice to have a variety of instructors. I know some of ya'll have been doing kettlebell workouts so I thought of this thread.

I'm almost finished with Cathe's Rock Bottom 2 rotation and still adding in Youtube yoga.
Today I did Five Parks Yoga Mandala Flow Yoga Class and really liked it. But I like most things she does. Yesterday I tried Two Birds Yoga 60 Minute Restorative Yoga - Surrender, Let go and Find Ease. It was good for a really slow, restorative practice. I haven't tried any of her other practices so I can't really say if I like her style, but it was good for restorative.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 03:56 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Just popping in to say hi and that I'm still reading this thread, just haven't had as much time to post. We're going on a trip soon, so I've started a playlist on Youtube for no equipment workouts that can be done while traveling. Thanks for the recommendations and Bex I hope you are having a good trip!

Has anyone seen the 4 week kettlebell rotation 2Lazy recently posted? The two primary trainers are Caroline and Heather, but there are a couple from Linda@Barlates and Yvette Bachman. It's nice to have a variety of instructors. I know some of ya'll have been doing kettlebell workouts so I thought of this thread.

I'm almost finished with Cathe's Rock Bottom 2 rotation and still adding in Youtube yoga.
Today I did Five Parks Yoga Mandala Flow Yoga Class and really liked it. But I like most things she does. Yesterday I tried Two Birds Yoga 60 Minute Restorative Yoga - Surrender, Let go and Find Ease. It was good for a really slow, restorative practice. I haven't tried any of her other practices so I can't really say if I like her style, but it was good for restorative.
Hope you have a good trip. Getting away is so nice. I will have to look at the KB rotation, it would be nice to mix things up sometimes.

Seen any results from Cathe's Rock Bottom 2? I still need to do that one.

Well this morning I thought I selected Epic II, Day 1. Turns out it was Epic Heat Day 1. This is what I get for taking off my glasses without really looking. I did the workout and the add on of the 15 minute wall squats. Now I have to decide if I want to continue with Heat or go and do Epic II which was my original plan. Any suggestions? Stick with Heat or stop and do Epic II?

**Candice**
Old 05-17-21, 10:30 PM  
bex

Hi manleym, good to see you and thanks for the heads up on the KB rotation. I like having someone arrange my workouts for me, even though I seem to meander in and out of the rotation.

IceQueen, I'm interested in the RAW Heavy weight bootcamp you mentioned but wasn't sure which one that is. Is it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrIVued9gYg&t=864s

As to whether to do EPIC II or HEAT, I think it depends on how much time you have, and whether you want to hit it all out for 30 mins. I personally suspect HEAT would be too much intensity for me more than 2x/week but YMMV.

Last night I decided it's time to jump back into EPIC. I rewound a few days and started with Day 35 Tabata Style HIIT. I felt like I was at the same level or even stronger than I was when I did it 2 months ago, so I'm ready to keep going. I'll still mix in other workouts but I'll aim to finish EPIC in June.

Afterwards the HIIT I added on Heather Robertson's 15 Minute BOOTY BAND Workout for STRONG Glutes. With a heavy band, this was a real burner! Rounded it off with a 15 min stretch from Mady Morrison that someone recommended in the GD thread which I also really enjoyed.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 04:31 AM  
IceQueen07

Bex - no the bootcamp one is only on her RAW channel, not youtube. But the one you linked is still a good one. Do you have her RAW Channel. Really for the money she charges, I think it is a pretty good deal, plus I love her boxing workouts and use them as add ons a lot.

Today was day 2 of Epic Heat and I am thinking it may be too much - today was shoulders and she packs a whole lot into 30 minutes. I am going to continue through this week, but may change to Epic II come Monday. I really wish someone would combine Heather and Caroline into a kickass workout. I love Caroline's heavy weight workouts, but her music is not great, and I love Heather's music, but she doesn't use a lot of heavy weight work and hers seem more total body. Maybe 2L4G will come up with a rotation.

**Candice**
Old 05-18-21, 07:49 AM  
buffmama

IceQueen07 A Heather/Caroline hybrid sounds great. I'm past the midway of EPIC II and finding it a little grueling. I will finish but a week or two off sounds awesome. I plan on doing HEAT next and am looking forward to the shorter workouts (and that break I mentioned).

manleym Thanks for the heads up on 2lazy's KB rotation. Sounds great, but then I looked at the workouts and realized I've already done most of them. Yes I can repeat them but somehow that didn't occur to me yesterday. Would love feedback on Rock Bottom 2. After EPIC I seem to notice a difference and have a better sense of how to activate and do a RDL well more consistently.

bex Just looked at Kelly's workout you linked. It's almost an hour! Didn't realize that when I looked at the channel. Let us know how you like it.

Today I did EPIC II Day 31 Red Hot HIIT Full Body no equipment. Lots of pushups. She seems to alternate the HIIT emphasis depending on whether she did mostly upper or lower body that week. Followed with a stretch from Anna. Nice but too many neck stretches. It was her 15 min daily stretch for sore muscles.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle