Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-16-21, 07:33 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of May 16

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 55-minute walk with DH in the morning and the Firm's pilates workout with band in the afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Waves.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 04:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Before I left yesterday to hangout with friends, I ran 1.5 mi for RWH day 5 and did AY Yoga for Runners post-run practice. Also did my 50 pike pushups for Murph day 15. Last night while we visited I did some much needed foam rolling. I love having IRL friends who workout!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 06:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie do tell, what are pike push-ups? Sounds interesting.

What a beautiful day we have had! Low humidity again and a little warmer than this yesterday but breezy and blue skies. I have had windows and patio door open all day.

Today I did a 30 min recovery run and a couple sets of BB squats loaded to about 38#. Yesterday was a 10 mile interval run with Judi and Heather. We all felt really tired for some reason despite the nice cool morning. Last evening I did chest and back with tubing anchored in a door.

Jbliff I did it know the firm had a Pilates workout!

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 06:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, like pushups are basically pushups done in downward dog. You're supposed to touch your head to the floor but I only went down as far as a yoga block.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-18-21, 12:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, praying your surgery went well.

Old 05-18-21, 07:35 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in town in the morning + LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body + an episode of Essentrics in the afternoon.

Karjoy - The pike pushups sound like what Cathe does in Push/Pull. The FIRM pilates workout was pretty beginner. I kept having to modify up.

Vannie - 50 pike pushups is no joke!

Cher - Thinking about you yesterday and today. I hope everything went well.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-18-21, 08:36 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I am thinking of you too. Hope all went well. Let us know when you can.

Vannie and Jbliff I figured those push-ups were like what Cathe did in PushPull. I had trouble with those I seem to remember.

Had a great workout day. 4 of us did about 4.5 miles with speedwork this am and I finished early and got in about 20 minutes of good weights—BB squats, sumo squats with 35# DB, step ups, 20# for biceps curls and OH presses and 30# one armed rows. Felt good.

Miss you Gibbee and hope you are well.
Old 05-19-21, 11:29 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I felt somewhat lazy yesterday so I just did 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - Sounds like a good workout.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 05-19-21, 08:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Rest day for me today. Seems like this has been a long week already with 2 more days to go. Fingers crossed. This time next week it will be in the high 90s so I am enjoying every last bit of coolish weather.

Cases of Covid seem to be really going down nicely. I am taking nothing for granted though and wearing my mask indoors always unless I am around smaller groups I know are vaccinated.
Old 05-20-21, 06:43 AM  
Cher

Thanks for thinking of me everyone! Had my cataract surgery on my right eye Monday. It went well. So weird that I can see distance without a contact or glasses. We popped the lense out of my glasses for my right eye thinking I could wear my glasses to see out of my left......but, no, that doesn’t work. I see double if I put the glasses like that on. So, Currently wearing a contact in my left eye but will have to quit that Sunday in prep for my left eye surgery a week from Friday. I guess I’ll be seeing with just one eye until that surgery next week. Also, I can’t do any weight lifting or cardio until probably a week or 2 after my left eye surgery so all I can do right now is walking. So, I’ve gone for walks the last 2 days.

Joseph is getting a new 2021 Chevy Malibu (leasing) and will pick it up tomorrow. He’s pretty excited.

Karen - Covid cases have gone down quite a bit here. Michigan is now following the CDC guideline of vaccinated people don’t have to wear a mask. That sort of bugs me though because I’m sure non-vaccinated people are not going to be wearing a mask either since nobody checks.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote