Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-14-21, 12:00 PM  
Garrie A.

Quickly popping in to send good luck wishes to Pat during her cataract surgery.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 12:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

My best wishes to Pat too!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 10:19 AM  
cyana

It's been really quiet around here the past several days - hope everyone is OK.

I just tried to check on the osprey cam and it wouldn't load, but there's a message that says there are now 3 eggs as of May 12th.

I was covering for someone at work last week and it got a bit hairy, so there was a lot of hair-dryer, conference call functional fitness going on in addition to meditation/breath work first thing in the AM and before bed. DH had been hoarding rewards points from his credit card and got new-to-us refurbished desktop computers (his and hers), so he was busy setting mine up yesterday. For the past several weeks I've been telling DH I heard scratching and squeaking in the wall of my office and he said it was likely squirrels or birds in the gutter. Uh no, we have a raccoon (and quite possibly "cubs") in our attic. DH went up in the attic Friday evening with a headlamp and two beady eyes greeted him. The critter guy was out yesterday and will be back tomorrow. Mom chewed a hole in the roof/soffit and ouch, that is not going to be a cheap repair. Alas, the joys of home ownership.

Pat - Hope you are relaxing and enjoying an uneventful recovery.

Paine - I have a sit to stand desk. To be honest, I've been so pooped the past 18 months or so between the long hours and insomnia, I don't stand nearly as much as I used to.

Pam - I also have narrow heels and learning how to do the heel-lock lacing has saved me from having to spend millions on blister band-aids. https://www.roadrunnersports.com/blog/heel-lock-lacing/

Must run - hoping to get in some dirt therapy this afternoon, along with some formal fitness.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 11:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone and thanks for all the well wishes! The surgery went so much better than last time. My new doctor does them at the local hospital's off-campus clinic instead of one of those doctor owned "surgical centers" a/k/a chop shops. He answered all my questions, the team was fantastic and my anesthetists juiced me up real good. I can see now what an A-hole my prior ophthalmologist was. Only problem is I have the flashing lights (temporary, to be expected - that's the incision healing). Sadly I woke up with the filmy thing when I look side to side, same as with the last eye, and the diagonal refraction light. I may have developed the scar tissue behind the implant already.

He told me to keep exercise low key and not lift any weights, do anything requiring bending over and no inversion table for a week. That's okay.

Cyana I just looked at the cam and am bummed out it's offline AGAIN! It was up the last couple of days and I got to see the three eggs. Mom is so gentle with them, she bends her talons under and moves around on her knuckles before tucking in over them. Sometimes the male moves nesting material around and close to her.

Paine, good job on your Unpluggeds. Thanks for the hand hold!

Happy Sunday everyone, I've got to get off the screen.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 03:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm here! I think that if others don't post, I don't get the email reminds, and then I forget to post. Also, Friday wasn't much of a TGIF due to work drama! Since then though, it's been a nice weekend - yesterday I went to class at the studio in the morning, then had a nice coffee/chat outside with my teacher friend, and today I did the studio's Piyo class via livestream.

Here was my week:

Monday
CoffeyFit (YT) - RAW Box & Pump
Barlates Body Blitz (YT) - Squat Cardio Workout, 100 Rep Challenge
CS 1002, Bone Strengthening Workout

Tuesday
Balanced Life Pilates (YT) - 30 Day Pilates Challenge, Day 7, Legs & Day 10, Booty
TAUGHT yoga

Wednesday
CoffeyFit (YT) - 20m RAW Glutes
Caroline Girvan (YT) - 15m Dumbbell Arms & Shoulders
and back to KCM: RAW Box & Sculpt Outside

Thursday
Kimberly Spreen-Glick (YT) - Core Cuts Medicine Ball
Pilates with B (YT) - Strong Glutes & Legs, Pilates Side-Lying
Devi Dali Yoga (YT) - Supported Yin for Self-Healing

Friday
Fit Sugar (YT) - 20m Tone Arms & Abs Workout
HDM (YT) - Thighs, Hips, & Glutes
Yoga with Tim (YT) - Yoga for Emotional Stability

Saturday
Hatha yoga class with Carol

Sunday
Piyo yoga class (livestream)
Healthy Fit with Ty (YT) - 15m Dumbbell Upper Body Sculpt
Callanetics Express - Stretch Express

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-16-21, 05:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today I walked 2 miles. Yesterday was a rest day.

Cyana, I'm laughing at the raccoon! Be careful because raccoons can be vicious and attack you.
Thank you for the link to the shoe hacks. That's a nifty guide.
I don't think I'd want to stand at a desk if I hadn't slept well so I understand how you feel.

Pat, I'm so glad your cataract surgery went better than the last one. I'm hoping that you haven't developed any problematic scar tissue. I wouldn't even attempt any exercise for awhile just to be safe and protect your eye. I had no idea that surgical centers are known as chop shops! It's good to keep that in mind if I ever need a surgery.
I just now checked the Osprey cam and it's working!! Mother bird is sitting on her eggs so I wasn't able to see them. Father bird is dutifully standing nearby looking out for predators he can chase away.

Beth, did you like the livestream Piyo class?
Oh yuck about the work drama.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 05:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Yes we have been quiet of late & I also hope all is well with everyone. DH & I were up in Courtenay last night to see DS2 & DIL, stayed overnight at a hotel. We went on a lovely trail walk to the river where DS & DH went for a quick swim. The water was VERY cold as it’s at the foot of the mountains and, although it was warm outside, there is still some snow on the highest peaks. We had dinner on a patio & another walk this morning before a quick brunch and then off home.

ETA Friday’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Forest walk
~Yin stretch on my own

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Jessica’s Barre Fitness: Barre Burn
~Trail & city walks, 19,207 step total

Pat - I’m so glad your surgery went well!

Cyana - Yes those two extra eyelets on my sneakers make such a difference & I always use them. Good luck evicting the raccoon family, they sure can cause a lot of damage! We’ve had our issues with them getting into garbage, etc, & I think they are a big reason our quail families no longer reside in our garden hedge.

Beth - Nice week for you. Sorry about the work drama but glad you’ve enjoyed the weekend in spite of it.

Waves to Paine, Garrie, Sandra, & anyone I missed....

I need to get a workout or some yoga in, back later to post my activities.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 05:33 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Yay for the osprey cam being back! (I've noticed sometimes I have to refresh a few times to get it to work.) I read that the females have darker markings on the neck and under the wing, so it does look like mama is on the eggs right now.

Paine, the Piyo class was okay, although a lot of repetition, so I do my own thing some of the time (the beauty of livestream!). So far, my favorite alternate/flow class I've done at the studio was the Yoga Sculpt I did a few weeks ago.

Pat, glad this surgery seemed to go better. Hope you continue to recover smoothly.

cyana, I still have the sneakers I use for biking done in an alternative lacing style. It doesn't seem to matter for me so much now though, as I rarely wear sneakers for any length of time. Ugh, that's annoying on the critter removal; we've been there. And I definitely sympathize with you with the work woes, too.

Pam, sounds like a lovely family get together! We are starting to put some things on our social calendar, too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-16-21, 06:04 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, your family get-together sounds like a lot of fun!

Beth, was the yoga sculpt class similar to power yoga?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 06:08 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

I agree we have been quiet lately. For myself, I've been kind of disorganized again and only got in a workout on Wednesday (CS + Margaret). For

Today's Workout: It was more CS + Margaret -- CS607 followed by Unplugged 1907. I walked outside for two hours this morning.

Pat: I'm so happy your surgery went better this time around.

Cyana: Yikes on your new roommate(s)!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote