Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-21, 06:54 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of May 2

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was RwH Upper Body Circuit and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- PHA 3 definitely has the most cardio effect (Cathe even mentions it during the workout). You don't really lift heavy with any of the PHA but I feel some of the weight work is fairly hard with PHA 3 too, since you are somewhat pre-fatigued with the cardio.

Vannie - Congratulations on the virtual tri. I think we're going to be the upper 80s today too.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good Sunday, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 08:00 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us Jbliff!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 07:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Today was a 30 min recovery run and I did the chair work, firewalkers, and lean back thingies that work quads from Lean legs and Abs.

Yesterday was a fun exercise day. We had our first road race the city allowed. It was a 10K trail run to benefit our animal shelter. There are usually maybe 500 or more runners but they cut it back to 200 and started in waves. Gosh I forgot how tough this trail can be! But it was so much fun to see many folks I new, overjoyed
To be with runners we had not seen in a while. I did much better than the marathon thank heavens.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 05-03-21, 07:10 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 1 hour on the elliptical + Ultimate Power Yoga Power Foundation practice.

Karjoy - I'm so glad you were able to get in a nice race and see people you know, all for a good cause.

We're in for a rainy day today.

Waves to all.
Old 05-04-21, 05:42 AM  
Cher

Just popping in to say “hi!” We’re in Florida and it hotter than heck here! I’ve been getting 18,000+ steps since Saturday when we flew out.

Karen - Wow, you’re Governor down here is the TOTAL opposite of ours in Michigan regarding Covid policies.

Waves JBliff, Gibbee & Vannie.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 05:58 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Upper Body + UB bonus + core + extended stretch.

Cher
- I forgot you were in Florida. I hope you are having a great time. It sounds like you're getting a great walking workout every day!

Did everyone see the news about Cathe getting a detached retina? I really feel for her. It sounds like they caught it early and she'll be OK but that is really scary.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-04-21, 12:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yes I heard about Cathe and sounds like she might be out of commission for a little while! Praying she gets all her sight back.

Cher I think our governor has done some good things with Covid and some not do good things. I do wish he had ordered a state wide mask mandate. And as of yesterday he has released all Florida towns from having a mask mandate. Sheesh. More later.
Old 05-04-21, 12:46 PM  
Vantreesta

MN still has a mask mandate. I have no idea how our numbers are looking. I figure I just do my part to keep myself and others safe. That said, I pulled out the mask stash to see which ones can coordinate with my Ren Fest outfits since they are actually happening this year and starting up already! Somehow I doubt I will look coordinated but that's okay. Safe is better than matching. I will definitely be sticking hand sanitizer in my pouch too.

Hope you're having fun in FL, Cheryl! How are you liking your cabin or whatever upgraded place it is you're staying?

Karen, nice job on the race! The local one I often do was this past wknd but I missed the sign up cutoff and they didn't take race day registrations this year. They didn't have it timed this year either, which would have been a bummer anyway.

JBliff, I did see that about Cathe. Very scary. Praying she has a full recovery. I worry about that too since I'm high risk.

I'm guessing I haven't checked in since my tri. Friday I never got around to working out after oversleeping till 10:30. Oops. Guess my body was tired. Saturday I ran 1.5 mi per the Run With Hal app I started. I also did day 1 of the CVG app Murph training which was a Murph test. I forget what else I did right now, probably the usual run warmup and stretching. Sunday was D&D so all-day sit and eat. Yesterday I did Kassandra yoga before breakfast then later was a 1.5 mi run for RWH, Helen's piriformis exercises & post-run yoga, a Crossrope workout, Lauren Brooks paper workout combined with day one of her Push, Pull, Swing challenge and TF Stretch 10. The CVG training was 800 M run so that was more than covered by RWH. I was supposed to run errands but it took me two hours to get my triple batch of oatmeal pumpkin pancakes made and in the freezer so by the time I finished workouts it was later than I wanted to do them. So I guess I will go do them now and then workout after.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 01:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Looking back on it, I think maybe closing the beaches in Florida after lockdown was a bit much. Yes, limit the hours, limit the number of people, no alcohol etc. But there has been very little evidence of outdoor spread from beaches. Yes controlling crowds would be difficult, I know, but people need the outdoors. And our beaches always seem to have a good breeze.
Old 05-04-21, 01:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I agree, we so need the outdoors! I am thankful I don't live in a place that has required masks outdoors other than in crowds.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote