Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-28-21, 07:07 PM  
lavna

Hello everyone!

I don't think I'll be able to catch up with all the posts so this will be a hodgepodge one!

For those who like Julie Montagu from "An American's Aristocrat's Guide to Great Estates", she has 2 youtube channels : Julie Montagu: Yoga, Tea & the British Aristocracy and Mapperton Live: Backstage at Britains Finest Manor where she talks abouther life at Mapperton. Also, since she's a yoga instructor, she has some yoga workouts, for different levels, some filmed at Mapperton.

I'm the regular exerciser in the family. I've been like clockwork working out 3 times a week for years. My youngest son is very active though. He plays basketball at school and has recently bought himself a good bike and goes for rides with one of his friends. My DH is not a regular exerciser but he's lucky to be "genetically" fit and is almost never sick!

I'm taking a recovery week as I just changed jobs. The timing seemed just right even though I recently bought some Cathe Live and I heven't tried them all yet!!! Among those I've tried there's 167 Fit tower - cardio legs and 190 Cardio barre and core meltdown. I really liked them.

cataddict: I'm happy for you that your leg is OK. Such good news.

Take care everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 07:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Well here's my report from your Intermediate rep of the Rock bottom Girls.

So Perfect pump upper with upper bonus is an excellent basic premix. I don't think there was a weight I didn't use...even used some kettlebells!

Everything hit the fry zone. .and just when I was like "Ok Cathe I'm done," (with whatever body part it was) she would say, "Ok, let's move on!"

Things I didn't like..the music, band while holding dumbbell, the warmup and cooldown stretch.
When I do again, I will play my own music, use something else for warmup and cooldown stretch AND have ready ALL of my handweights and bands, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 08:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi, fierce Watulans!

Today I did Plant Max for 4 hours! I had no idea it would take me so long but it took close to an hour to get the two tomato plants in the pots, fertilized, moved to their properly locations. One of them is on our balcony so I had to haul everything up the stairs. I also planted 5 pots of herbs (basil and chives), 2 daisies, 2 lilies, a pansy and repotted some root bound lilies. It wasn't hard work, just planning and getting everything situated. Plus it was 85 degrees today! The humidity was low so it wasn't terrible, but still it was hot and dirty work. Tomorrow DH will be in charge of preparing the bed for our Great Pole Bean Experiment as it finally is warm enough to plant them. Today he had PT for his foot and when he got back he just sat outside and kept me company while I did the planting. He said it was a good session and he has "homework" exercises that are stretches I'm familiar with. One uses a foam roller so it's good that I have two!

Anyway since I'm a day behind the Rock Bottom Watulans in the rotation, I did Lift it HiiT it Legs. Wow, this is a great workout! Chele, you NEED this workout! It seemed pretty hard to me, probably since I had done all that work prior--but it's a good challenge for sure. I matched Cathe's weight, except that I inadvertently used 40 pounds on the first plie set instead of 35. D'OH!

Chele, my DH isn't currently active. Pre-pandemic we were going to our local rec center and he was using the machines and the exercise bike, but then they closed them temporarily and he didn't pick up another activity. Of course his broken foot hinders him now, but he says he will start riding his bike after it's healed. He also likes to swim, but that's been a no go in the Covid era for now. I try to encourage him, and he's supportive of what I do to keep fit. Nobody else in the family is active, but DH's niece does post on Facebook when she goes to her local gym for a workout. That kind of makes me smile, since she isn't very consistent and she posts numbers for her workout that look kind of crazy to me---like "average heartrate 165." That might be the max that I hit on occasion but as an average?? But that said, I'm glad she is doing SOMETHING. I do like bee's suggestion that maybe you can ask your DH to walk Winston more often, not as "exercise" but as a benefit to an active puppy!

FOLV, no rehab required for me. I did take an Aleve tablet last night to ensure the inflammation stays at bay. I will probably do the same thing tonight, particularly after the leg workout! Good for you for your efforts after scoliosis and bulging disks---my leg issue is minor in comparison. Inspiring for sure!

Nathalie, good to "see" you. Yes, it can be tough to catch up on all the posts even after a few days away! Exciting that you have a new job--hope it works well for you. It was probably a good idea to take a recovery week to adjust.

manley, once when we rented a car, it had iHeart radio on it and not much else, so we were forced to listen to song after song in the style of Ed Sheeran. So that style will always be "iHeart radio" music to me. It's fine in small doses, but it does get old after awhile. LOL "Mr. Manley must be Man-ly" but it's interesting that he enjoys karate. It's good he likes an activity, since that's really the best way to be consistent, at least it is for me.

horusosiris, I've also read a lot of Hemingway's works. His style is not ponderous and it's possible to enjoy without delving too deeply into the symbolism that can sometimes suck the joy out of a novel when you read it in class. IMHO of course. I'm recalling my college English lit class that dissected practically every single word.

So, who has ordered the new Cathes? I normally don't order the first day but I went ahead and did so. I'm excited to try the new bands. I was disappointed at no free shipping but it is what it is. It's $9 for USPS priority mail to me and things normally arrive quickly from NJ so in this case the cheapest option is the best one for me.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 06:18 AM  
ChelePA

I just want to thank everyone for their thoughtful replies regarding my husband. It sounds like I'm not alone in this situation. When we first met, he was in much better shape than I was because he jogged almost daily and played tennis. It just surprised me how much things have changed over the past few years. I will take a few of your suggestions and hope more hikes/walks as the weather gets nicer will start him down the right path.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 08:04 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I just want to thank everyone for their thoughtful replies regarding my husband. It sounds like I'm not alone in this situation. When we first met, he was in much better shape than I was because he jogged almost daily and played tennis. It just surprised me how much things have changed over the past few years. I will take a few of your suggestions and hope more hikes/walks as the weather gets nicer will start him down the right path.
I really do love the training Winston together idea. Gives the movement a purpose!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 09:56 AM  
ChelePA

Quick check in. Hope to catch up on posts later.

Today was S&S Boot Camp. I did extreme #3 which includes the bonus abs mixed in at the end of each round. I haven’t done a Boot Camp routine in ages. In the past, it was the only way I would add weights to my workouts. Loved the format especially the mish mosh premix. I occasionally matched Cathe’s weights but mostly lifting a few pounds lighter. The S&S music also grew on me over time. I’m usually OK if it has a good beat.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:02 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wow!! How did the days get away from me?

Just a quick post as I am swamped at work. I'm working through P90X this week and probably next too.
Mon: P90x Back & Biceps. Still feeling it 3 days later.
Yoga: PowerYoga Mike Nader Dynamic Core

Tues: P90x Plyometrics. One of my favs out of this set. So fun!
Yoga: PY Mike Spinal Lengthening

Wed: P90x Chest, Shoul & Tri. I was still feeling Monday's workout but this helped get things moving.
Self Led Practice 35 min. (Part of my PYTT is to do one self led class a week.)

Today: P90x Legs & Back. I actually skipped the back work and focused on the legs instead. Yow!

I'll be back soo. Hope everyone is well.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:07 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Is it Saturday yet? I'm so stressed over here, y'all!! KateTT, I'm with you, just swamped.

So Tuesday was Lauren's Messy Middle practice on ID, and yesterday I did Patrick's Hard Work Conditioning, the original, which was SO different from his other stuff to the point where I didn't feel like I was doing anything. I was so confused, thinking this IS Patrick, right?? Oh well. I needed an easier day and I got it, I guess.

I'm cheering all you Rock Bottom Queens on! I might have to re-look at that rotation....

Kim, how is your husband's tooth?

FOLV, you just make me laugh and I love your sense of humor and creativity!!

FN2, I'm SO glad and relieved for you regarding the calf, AND your husband, yesssss!!! And you're the planting queen!

I'm kind of thinking I might want to acquire Cross Train Express if it's a daily deal before making the preorder plunge, but I'm not sure. ChelePA, what are you waiting for as a daily deal?

Oh, and on husband's activity level, I hear you ChelePA and everyone else. He has to be kind of active at his job but he doesn't really work out formally anymore, not since the gyms first had to close, and now he's having joint issues that kind of prevent that too. I do drag him with me on death marches, ahem, I mean, walks around the neighborhood sometimes when I can though. I really don't know anyone who works out like those of us in this group do.

Speaking of....guess what, Watulans!! Husband ran some errands for us yesterday and scored me some 30-pound dumbbells at Walmart, FINALLY, yay!!! I couldn't believe they were back in stock. Now I'll have to work Ramped Up Upper into my routine like Manleym mentioned and some other goodies! Oh, and Manleym, I do that stuff with the remotes all the time because there's just too many of them!

Nathalie, congrats on the new job!!

Bee, you reminded me my husband has foot issues too which prevents a lot of working out. Like, one foot was run over at work by a forklift and he still has some issues from that which just don't seem to heal.

UG, have to run...waves to everyone I missed, Horusosiris, Garrie, and anyone else!! Stay fierce!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 11:20 AM  
manleym

Quick check in.

Tuesday I did Lift It HiiT It Legs Premix #6, which adds 1 ab exercise to each interval, making it more of a circuit workout since you do a strength, cardio, ab move before moving on to the next interval. I liked that exercises from both ab workouts were included, and this is the longest premix bringing it about 53 minutes.

Yesterday I did Perfect Pump Upper Body Premix #7 that has the bonus moves added to the end of each body part + Extended Stretch. Since I had not done the 50 alternating rear lunges, I did them before the extended stretch. I thought Cathe said to hold 8 lb. dumbbells AND wear a weighted vest, so I did and lemme tell ya, I felt it and still feel it today! It was harder than I had expected! Not so sure about doing 200 walking lunges! YIKES!

Definitely feeling some soreness today - both upper and lower body - so that's a good thing! I haven't seen Cathe post her LIVE workout yet. That's probably what I'll do today.

ETA: no Cathe LIVE for me today. It's Cardio Cycle, using a bike, which I don't have. Probably Kickbox today and S & S Bootcamp tomorrow.

Hugs and waves all!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 11:55 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Quick check in.

Tuesday I did Lift It HiiT It Legs Premix #6, which adds 1 ab exercise to each interval, making it more of a circuit workout since you do a strength, cardio, ab move before moving on to the next interval. I liked that exercises from both ab workouts were included, and this is the longest premix bringing it about 53 minutes.

Yesterday I did Perfect Pump Upper Body Premix #7 that has the bonus moves added to the end of each body part + Extended Stretch. Since I had not done the 50 alternating rear lunges, I did them before the extended stretch. I thought Cathe said to hold 8 lb. dumbbells AND wear a weighted vest, so I did and lemme tell ya, I felt it and still feel it today! It was harder than I had expected! Not so sure about doing 200 walking lunges! YIKES!

Definitely feeling some soreness today - both upper and lower body - so that's a good thing! I haven't seen Cathe post her LIVE workout yet. That's probably what I'll do today.

ETA: no Cathe LIVE for me today. It's Cardio Cycle, using a bike, which I don't have. Probably Kickbox today and S & S Bootcamp tomorrow.

Hugs and waves all!
Did you say 200 walking lunges?? 200??? That makes my knees cry just to think about!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in