Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-20, 01:19 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Today I did Heather's no repeat leg workout with dumbells. I really liked this one, and will definitely do again soon. It was just right for me, thumbs up. I probably could and should have gone heavier, next time.

I want to try her upper body toning no repeats workouts, either later today or tomorrow maybe. I also did a little bit of her 10 minute flat abs workout and really liked that as well.

Will be looking at more of her videos for sure.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 09:37 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
As much as I like Caroline, I get it. Some of her workouts are really hard and I just stay away from them and do the ones I like. I do think her beginner EPIC 30 minute total body workout is very doable though and one of my very favorites. I have done it multiple times.

But I can't do constant pushups either, not my thing at all.

I need to visit Heather's channel and try her out soon.
Well on your advice I tried the Epic Beginner TB workout and LOVED it, it’s one of the best dumbbell workouts I have ever done, perfect pace, the time flew but it was truly a full workout. So now my head is spinning - do I love Caroline or do I hate her??? LOL. I used 10s then went up to 12s, I want to try 15s next time, I think maybe that is what she is using? Anyhow, thanks for the tip, I am definitely going to check out more of her offerings
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 04:30 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Well on your advice I tried the Epic Beginner TB workout and LOVED it, it’s one of the best dumbbell workouts I have ever done, perfect pace, the time flew but it was truly a full workout. So now my head is spinning - do I love Caroline or do I hate her??? LOL. I used 10s then went up to 12s, I want to try 15s next time, I think maybe that is what she is using? Anyhow, thanks for the tip, I am definitely going to check out more of her offerings
She puts in the comment what weights she is using which I like. Not that I can use the weights she does. I agree that time seems to fly by. Today I did Day 2 of the Epic workout (upper body) and aside from all the push ups, really liked it. I am just going at my own pace and if I keep up, fine, if not, then that's fine also.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 05:41 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Oh good, I am glad you liked it. It really is a good workout, and really no dread factor at all and I find that I am sore for a few days after doing it.

If you want to check out more of her videos I would look at her older workouts, before Epic. She has quite a few that I like. Maybe some of her shorter lower body or upper body workouts? She has a couple 15 minute lower body ones, one is done outside in her yard. I am watching another bodyweight lower body one that is done outside, maybe I will try that one. Aside from that she has some booty band workouts that I like too.

She has a lot on her channel, if the Epic ones aren't your thing, there is plenty other ones to choose from. I didn't even attempt most of the Epic ones because they were too much.
Old 12-12-20, 12:58 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

I love both Caroline Girvan and Heather Robertson.

Do their workouts all the time (NOT the cardio ones though! lol). Strictly for weight lifting purposes only.

I have noticed that Heather does alot of "moving" up and down off the floor of which I'm not a great fan. That being said, I just modify wherever needed.

Off to check out that other youtube workout you mentioned!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-20, 02:04 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Today I did Heather's Total Body Strength workout - supersets. I really liked this one too. The only thing I did differently was throw in some triceps exercises at the end, as there didn't appear to be any throughout the routine. I also subbed pullovers for the plank/row exercises. For the cardio bursts I just did my own low impact version.

I am glad to have discovered her and Caroline but wish they would have been around years ago, think of all the money I would have saved not buying workout videos. Oh well.

Tags
carolyn girvan, heather robertson