Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-22, 09:30 AM  
donnamp

Another Ellen fan here - I really have enjoyed most of her new streaming workouts. There were a few that I didn't like or found awkward or just meh, but for the most part, her site is a good fit for me - and the price is right! I like that she doesn't have periods of closed membership (which to me is just a ploy to get people to subscribe for FOMO) and she doesn't overcharge or include a lot of unnecessary extras to justify a higher price. I like that she keeps it sustainable for herself by just uploading a new workout once a month. Sure, more would be nice, but I feel that by focusing on just one she puts out a good product at a good price. She is also practicing what she preaches about moderation and sustainability.

She has a very calming effect on me - and just a good, positive attitude.

I haven't tried her latest one - Pilates Strong - yet b/c I have been focusing on Jessica Smith this month, but I'll be back to Ellen shortly.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 09:50 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Another Ellen fan here - I really have enjoyed most of her new streaming workouts. There were a few that I didn't like or found awkward or just meh, but for the most part, her site is a good fit for me - and the price is right! I like that she doesn't have periods of closed membership (which to me is just a ploy to get people to subscribe for FOMO) and she doesn't overcharge or include a lot of unnecessary extras to justify a higher price. I like that she keeps it sustainable for herself by just uploading a new workout once a month. Sure, more would be nice, but I feel that by focusing on just one she puts out a good product at a good price. She is also practicing what she preaches about moderation and sustainability.

She has a very calming effect on me - and just a good, positive attitude.

I haven't tried her latest one - Pilates Strong - yet b/c I have been focusing on Jessica Smith this month, but I'll be back to Ellen shortly.

Donna
I agree with this. She is providing a good variety and you can't beat the price. I like how she is very consistent with providing new workouts.
Old 02-28-22, 01:18 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I also stream Ellen, although I have to admit that there are only a handful that I do regularly. I love the flowy ones, like her DVDs were. I find that most of her streaming workouts are more choppy - not that there's anything wrong with that if it's what you like. For example, I tried Four Elements and was turned off as soon as we started going down to the floor, turning and coming back up (which was early in the workout). To me, that's not flowy.

Still, it's a great monthly price for even a few workouts and for doing here "DVD" workouts while on vacation.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 01:25 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I'm a big Ellen Barrett fan but have stayed away from streaming. Does she post a monthly workout calendar? And if so, does it have enough workout days? My frustration with the Leslie Sansone workout calendar, though great, is that it might have 8-10 days off per month, which is too much.
Old 02-28-22, 03:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
and was turned off as soon as we started going down to the floor, turning and coming back up (which was early in the workout). To me, that's not flowy.
An updated version of Joni-O streaming? instead of pulling the video out of the player, it's a "click off"?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 04:50 PM  
donnamp

Sheila -

Ellen posts a weekly calendar ("inspiration board" is what she calls it). She has something scheduled for every day of the week except one (usually Thursday). Each workout varies in length she has some 15/20 min days and some 30 min days and some 45 minute days. I usually do a few of her workouts a week and generally I pick from the week's "inspiration board" -

She usually posts the new week on Sunday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 04:55 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
An updated version of Joni-O streaming? instead of pulling the video out of the player, it's a "click off"?
You got it!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 06:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I did it today and really liked it....stretchy, nice and flowy, some good balance work. Ellen often likes to put in sequences that take you to the floor and back up, not my fave. The short sequence where she takes one hand to the floor for a lunge twist was easy to modify. I stayed upright & took my hand to the opposite thigh & the other hand to my low back, same way I've modified a prayer twist in a yoga practice.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 08:16 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I also stream Ellen, although I have to admit that there are only a handful that I do regularly. I love the flowy ones, like her DVDs were. I find that most of her streaming workouts are more choppy - not that there's anything wrong with that if it's what you like. For example, I tried Four Elements and was turned off as soon as we started going down to the floor, turning and coming back up (which was early in the workout). To me, that's not flowy.

Still, it's a great monthly price for even a few workouts and for doing here "DVD" workouts while on vacation.
I have to admit...this was a miss for me and I turned it off, also.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:56 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Did Fat Burning Fusion yesterday. I modified all back movements. Felt fine last night. Woke up this morning and couldn’t move. My ENTIRE back (not just my lower back) had seized up. I’m in shock right now. The only thing I did different yesterday was I added Fat Burning Fusion to my workout schedule. I know I modified all back movements but I STILL woke up with massive back pain in my entire back. Geesh, I really can’t believe how bad it is.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett, ellen barrett streaming, four elements flow, standing yoga