Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-22, 11:09 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I'm also really enjoying Cee's workouts. I'm halfway through Muscle Burns Fat and am looking to continue with another rotation when I'm finished with this one. I love the 30 min format and have other playlists from which to choose.
I'm looking at her Muscle Burns Fat and I was wondering how you liked it and what did it do for you? Are there 45 second rests after each set? Thanks.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 01:33 PM  
TracyQ

I did my first Cee workout today .

I had Cathe’s Gym Style legs on my schedule for the millionth time. I love Gym Style and never get bored with it….but having read this thread, I was curious to try Cee.

I jumped in with 6-week Body Part Split Legs & Abs. I liked it. Obviously it’s way less reps/time at 25-minutes compared to GS which clocks in at 67 minutes. But I did Cee’s 8-minute warm up, added some calf work and did a YT stretch.

I like enjoy the slower pace. At 5’8” tall I have a hard time keeping up with Cathe’s break neck pace which has been a pet peeve of mine forever.

I’m not sure I will do a Cee rotation (haven’t decided yet) but I will definitely try more of her offerings. I’m curious about her quad focus workout because I always have a hard time feeling quad work.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 12:18 PM  
TracyQ

Cee’s workouts have really been calling me. I’ve done chest, tricep and shoulders, two abs, and Intense Legs since my last post.

PPL Intense Legs really surprised me. She only does three sets of 12 of three exercises but my legs were really shaking at the end. Heavy slow and controlled moves will do that.

I’m grateful to the VFrs who kept posting about Cee. I saw this thread almost every time I logged in to VF but didn’t look at it for the longest time.

The simplicity of her workouts click with me. Her workouts are no nonsense , calm and peaceful. It’s just what I like.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 10:19 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
The simplicity of her workouts click with me. Her workouts are no nonsense , calm and peaceful. It’s just what I like.
I feel the same way. Just perfect for me now.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 07:42 AM  
Melissa Baker
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I’m grateful to the VFrs who kept posting about Cee. I saw this thread almost every time I logged in to VF but didn’t look at it for the longest time.

Agree 100%! I love the “barefoot on the mat” vibe and slow, heavy focus. I’ve done the 40-4-40 workouts so far. I’m going return to Cee after Jessica’s Strong and Centered rotation that I plan to start tomorrow.
Melissa Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 03:44 AM  
Elsie

I wonder if this is from an upcoming rotation? She looks soooo Good!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd29cY5PvYj/?hl=en

Like you ladies, I love the grounded bare foot approach too! Ive always worked out, including weights, without shoes. Lol.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 07:29 AM  
buffmama

FYI: Susan H posted on the Lift with Cee Beginner Series that Cee is trying to get more followers before posting longer workouts.
Old 05-31-22, 09:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey everyone, I've done various of Cee's workouts off and on - I was regularly doing some of the 40-4-40 workouts earlier in the year, and her 11-minute Sculpted Arms routine has been my mainstay when I don't feel like doing anything!

Generally, I prefer my strength routines to be 25-30 minutes, as I'm often pairing with other stuff (Pilates, yoga, etc.). I also don't tend to follow rotations. However, I have been trying to lift heavier within those parameters, and I would like to mix and match from one of her routines.

I'm going out of town this weekend, so this week and maybe next, I'll probably just do some of the Beginners series. After that though, I'm open - any recs?

Here are my thoughts:

6 Week Body Part Split Advanced - not always a fan of splits, but like that I could then do routines on consecutive days if that's how my schedule worked out, and like that all the routines seem to be under 30 minutes (many under 25!)

4 Week Plateau Buster Advanced - most of the same comments as above; liked how someone described it as several sets and then taking a break

Full Body Advanced - like the that workouts are all around 35 minutes, that it's full body, and that it's designed to be mixed and matched (I think)

I should also note that I don't mind multiple sets, but I don't tend to like rounds (e.g., doing a whole series of exercises and then going back and repeating that same series - feels endless to me!). TIA for any suggestions!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 09:24 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Unilateral Leg work is always humbling to me!!
I'm not exactly sure I know why it was so much more effective. I suppose my muscles at this time respond and recover optimally to moderately frequent training (3x weekly) of each muscle with more spaced out intensity. Now perhaps if I were doing PPL 6 days per week rather than 3, the results would have been better but I do not follow rotations requiring more than four days of my week. I've always required that amount of recovery time (sometimes more) even when I was in my early thirties. The other reason I can think of is that during PPL, I was having longer periods of inadequate sleep so there's a possibility too.
Elsie, I wonder if the effectiveness was due to time under tension. Basically the muscle groups were spending more time under tension at 3x a week versus 3 split workouts. I remember years ago someone posting they showed their best results lifting full body 3x a week... one heavy weight workout, one moderate weight workout and one light weight workout.

Just a thought.

I just finished week 4 of PPL and plan to go to 40-4-40 when I'm finished. Looking forward to it.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 11:43 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post

I just finished week 4 of PPL and plan to go to 40-4-40 when I'm finished. Looking forward to it.
I will be starting 40-4-40 soon as well. Was planning on July 1 but not exactly sure yet. I am doing the beginner ones right now, as I was recovering from Covid. Feeling stronger already!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength