Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-21, 08:34 AM  
Elsie

What have you Streamed & how would you Rate it?

I am very curious to learn what you've streamed (Paid;not youTube) and how you'd rate it out of 5.
(Apologies if this is repetitious of another thread).
Please add an asterisk * if you used the streaming service over 3 years ago. It might be very different now.
I'll go first if I can remember everything I've streamed, lol .... I'll just edit if I can recall any others! The laptop I was using when I did much of my streaming is very Dead!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 08:41 AM  
Elsie

Cathe LIVE, 4.5/5 ... more lower impact cardio would move it to 5!
Cathe On-Demand, 4/5
Pilates Anytime, 3/5
Pilates on Fifth*, 3.5/5
Sleek Technique*, 3/5
Body by MM* (indie on Vhx), 2.5/5
The Yoga Collective*, 2.5/5
FitnessGlo*, 5/5
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 12:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Lately -

Trifecta Pilates - 5 out of 5
Get You Healthy TV - 5 out of 5

In the past -

Suzanne Bowen Fitness - 5 out of 5
Bar Method - 4 out of 5
Barre3 - 4 out of 5

And I know you didn't ask for YouTube stuff, but here are a couple of my favorites anyway -

Senior Shape - 5 out of 5
Silver & Fit - 6 out of 5 (so many new workouts - free and no ads) - every day

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 12:13 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Currently subbed:

Just Dance Unlimited, 5/5
Essentrics TV, 5/5
Mark Lauren On Demand, 4/5
Barre3, 3/5 (too fast paced and chaotic for this time in my life)
Old 11-13-21, 12:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Glo - 5 stars

Yoga With Kassandra - 4 stars despite loving it. Technically, the app is best on desktop, okay on phone, and a bit lacking on Roku.

Gaia - 3/4 stars. Very cheap, lots of variety, but some of the Gaiam routines are horribly transferred from old tapes to digital. Also a lot of weird content. When I quit, no new workouts or yoga were coming out, just talks on star people, aliens, etc.

Essentrics TV - 3 stars. I liked it until it began hurting my back, and the routines are repetitive. Developed dread factor pretty quick, except for one teacher.

Barre3 - 3 stars. Very nice program, great teachers, but the method is too fast for me and aggravates some issues and classes were mostly too long.

Pilates Anytime - 2 stars. It's similar to Glo but has so many classes I don't have the equipment for.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 02:06 PM  
Izzy

I dropped a few not mentioned because I was never using them. Mostly yoga streaming.

Essentrics-5/5. Overall for the price they offer a good selection. I am not a fan of some of their newer instructors but I can still access the ones I like and enjoy.

Ellen Barrett-5/5. She is consistent with adding new materials and you can't beat the price. I just like Ellen and most of the classes.

Peleton- 3/5. The classes, not the bike portion. I am not a fan of some of the instructors. They are very young which is ok, but they do a lot of floor/standing/floor again/standing again, bouncing all over the place. The service offers a good variety but I am not using it as I should.

Suzanne Bowen- 4/5. She had a good variety and I like her as an instructor. I dropped the streaming when she wasn't adding new content very frequently. I suspect this when she was dealing with personal issues.
Old 11-13-21, 02:39 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Essentrics TV---5/5 although i would agree with Izzy in that I'm not really enjoying the newer instructors that are featured. It's a great value, though, and the exclusive content that was filmed prior to 2020 is outstanding.

Ellen Barrett--5/5 I don't love all of Ellen's workouts but the price point is so good. I have some favorite workouts of hers that I think are worth the membership price and I love supporting her.

Barre3--3/5-as others have mentioned, it's a good program but I don't utilize it enough and it feels frantic to me.

Yoga International---3/5 I periodically subscribe just for Jill Miller's offerings.

Daily Burn---2/5 I did the free trial and a month because Ellen Barrett is offering classes there. It's a huge platform with other exercise genres but as a VFer we have been so spoiled with all the excellent instructors out there and I don't know anyone beyond Ellen on Daily Burn. I feel like I get my fill will Ellen's site.

Side note: if you find an instructor you really like and want more of them, see if they offer Zoom classes. I have several instructors I take classes from on the side, and i also offer my own Zoom Essentrics classes.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 04:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS, a side note - I also tried FitOn and Obe through WW. I do not care for either platform. FitOn's instructors are over the top exuberant and I found it annoying. Obe was just meh. YT is so much better.

I also tried Daily Burn which was very good - just not for me. Seems geared toward a more fit person - fast cardio, etc.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 05:21 PM  
AnMrsDe

From what I can remember of my paid streaming sites, LOL:

Barre 3 - 4/5 (I really enjoyed this but it was a while ago, so not sure if I would love the classes as much now due to joint issues).

Cathe Live - 4/5 (LOVE her Live with the variety and vibe but mostly with the class behind her. I don’t even really notice the music!) Lately, though, I’ve just been purchasing her D/L’s…which is so awesome she sells these!!!

Les Mills - 4/5 (very good variety; excellent music. Pump and Combat…esp. those United Classes being my favorites, but I found myself not using it as much as I intended).

Inner Dimension TV (Travis/Lauren) - 4/5 (Very good variety for all levels, great music, great instructors and I did get my use out of it until joint issues occurred and most power classes weren’t manageable for me. So I didn’t renew. Can be pricey if you don’t utilize a sale price).

YvetteFit.com (Yvette Bachman) - 5/5 (subscribed for the 2nd year…so much variety, good music, FUN workouts - she has very challenging ones and easier ones, so enough content for my liking but would definitely appreciate any Mobility workouts added to the mix! Very reasonable yearly rate ($69.99).

I’m sure there were other random free trials tried, but none I liked well enough to pay for a subscription.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 09:57 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Cathe Live 5/5 Love it! I like her music and all the lower impact options. I don't even do DVDs anymore, just Cathe Live workouts!

Essentrics 3/5 mostly like everyone says, the newer instructors from the live stuff aren't great. But the exclusive content from Sahra, Sasha, Gail, and Meg are awesome!

Ellen 2/5 I tried it for a year and quit. I needed longer (30 to 45 min) newer workouts. The 15 and 20 mins ones weren't long enough. I also didn't care for some of her background exercisers. Also the cardio ones were fairly repetitive and kind of boring.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming reviews, streaming services